Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Movie Talk
Reload this Page >

see the first 10 minutes of dawn of the dead remake uncut on 3/15 on USA Network!

Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

see the first 10 minutes of dawn of the dead remake uncut on 3/15 on USA Network!

Old 03-05-04, 10:29 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

theres a big ad in usa today, that the USA network will show the first ten minutes of Dawn of The Dead, completly uncut sometime in between 9 and 10 pm during their showing of Final Destination 1 (also uncut with bleeping of the language). at the bottom, (of course) there is a big warning about the graphic violence and strong language as well.
Old 03-05-04, 10:31 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Awesome!
Old 03-05-04, 11:42 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re: see the first 10 minutes of dawn of the dead remake uncut on 3/15 on USA Network!

theres a big ad in usa today, that the USA network will show the first ten minutes of Dawn of The Dead, completly uncut sometime in between 9 and 10 pm during their showing of Final Destination 1
On Monday night right?
Old 03-06-04, 12:05 AM
Banned

Even then, I'll pass.

Anyone know the status of Romero's next Dead film? Is it completely dead at this point??
Old 03-06-04, 12:47 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Location: City of the lakers.. riots.. and drug dealing cops.. los(t) Angel(e)s. ca.
Last I heard it was still looking for someone to help fund it.

as for the first ten minutes... Been there, done that.
I must say that it wont really spoil much though. It will indeed get you pumped to want to see it. Intense stuff and it gets rolling from the get go.

Highlights of those scenes:

Spoiler:

Watch Ana tired from a long day as a nurse looking over the cat scans of a person who was brought in early that day from a hand wound.... the foreshadowing is there.

she leaves home and gets down to some shower love with hubby while the tv sits ignored as a "Special Report" pops on screen.. Cut to them asleep. Hubby woken up by door opening to reveal daughter turned zombie. She attacks him. Ana wakes up and it's off.

One interesting thing to notice is how Ana doesn't really try to open a window to escape.. well she tries, but she doesn't bother to unlock the latch.

Once out of there you see a lot of the craziness. Zombies changing focus from victim to victim and a lot of behind the car footage.

These are some of the things that sunk me into the film. Most noteably the way two cars explode from a view of above.

Though I am a little surprised. Unless I'm mistaken and the scene I remember comes in right after the first ten minutes, there is some boobs after the Bus scene.. hmm I suppose that is right after the first ten minutes.
Old 03-06-04, 07:21 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Re: Re: see the first 10 minutes of dawn of the dead remake uncut on 3/15 on USA Network!

Originally posted by Mondo Kane
On Monday night right?
not this monday, next monday.
Old 03-06-04, 12:03 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Location: City of the lakers.. riots.. and drug dealing cops.. los(t) Angel(e)s. ca.
Correction.. it's the first 8 minutes. It will also be inbetween a commercial ad.
Old 03-06-04, 05:29 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Jack,
Spoiler:
the girl zombie wasn't their daughter. Anna mentions to Vivianne that she should say hi to her mom for her.
Old 03-06-04, 05:40 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Spoiler:
I never did quite get that since they really didn't get into character background all that much. I figured since the girl was in the same house in the morning in PJ's and not going in a frenzing style that she just happened to be in their daughter. either way that was a quick start into it all
Old 03-06-04, 05:44 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I'll probably watch... this marketing technique worked for Super Troopers... I think it's a pretty decent idea. I planned on seeing this anyway though when it comes out.
Old 03-07-04, 11:18 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Maybe a little early, but since it is Universal, do you think we'll see rated and unrated DVDs of this in the fall? If they had any inkling of this kind of movie's fanbase, I'm sure they're already planning it.
Old 03-07-04, 11:49 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I... really, really like this idea.

Think of it; most (strictly commercial) movie beginnings are set to grab you, make sure you're paying attention for the next while. If it's an excellent first ten minutes, then there's nothing better than that to make you watch the rest.

Think of all those awful cookiecutter trailers that spoil too much of the film... they could vanish if there was more focus on a film's beginning in the advertising, like here.
Old 03-07-04, 01:54 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Sweet Jesus, YES! Fantastic idea. I'll be watching for sure.
Old 03-07-04, 03:40 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

The first ten minutes in this film WILL grab you. I don't care who you are.. they will grab you.
Old 03-07-04, 05:44 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Cool, I will be watching for it. I am a HUGE fan of the original film, and I really hope that the remake does the original some justice, although I can't help but be skeptical (how do you improve on perfection? )
Old 03-08-04, 09:47 AM

Great news - thanks for the heads-up!!