Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Movie Talk
Reload this Page >

Dawn of the Dead: Free passes

Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

Dawn of the Dead: Free passes

Old 03-05-04, 07:07 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 694 Likes on 502 Posts
Originally posted by Suprmallet
Well, I have to say, I've have never displayed so much stupidity on DVDTalk as I have in this thread. First I misread the post and think that the times/dates listed are when the tickets are available, not the dates of the screenings. Then I confuse The Bridge with The Grove. I would delete all of the posts proving how stupid I am, but I hope that someone on the verge of suicide reads them, realizes that there is someone worse off than them, and decides not to go through with it.

Tomorrow I will go to the Bridge and pick up my ticket.
Could get worse. You could show up tomorrow and the guy says "Man, I JUST gave out my last pass... sorry. Wanna pre-order something?"
Old 03-05-04, 01:07 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 853 Likes on 575 Posts
Thanks for the Head's Up Jack.

I may do this but I'm not sure yet.
Old 03-05-04, 03:24 PM
Banned by request

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally posted by TomOpus
Could get worse. You could show up tomorrow and the guy says "Man, I JUST gave out my last pass... sorry. Wanna pre-order something?"
That's it, I'm calling ahead.

Edit: Called ahead, the guy said they had plenty. So I went in and got meself one. I shall be there. Oh yes, I shall be there.

Last edited by Supermallet; 03-05-04 at 05:27 PM.
Old 03-05-04, 07:48 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Maybe I'll stop by the one in Vegas tomorrow to pick up a free pass.

FYI, on 3/15, USA Network will air the first ten minutes of the film unedited and uncut (violence and language in tact) sometime between 10:00pm - 10:30pm. I saw the one-page ad in today's USA Today.
Old 03-05-04, 09:25 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 28 Likes on 19 Posts
Originally posted by Matthew Chmiel
FYI, on 3/15, USA Network will air the first ten minutes of the film unedited and uncut (violence and language in tact) sometime between 10:00pm - 10:30pm. I saw the one-page ad in today's USA Today.
Very cool.
Old 03-05-04, 10:15 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 911 Likes on 692 Posts
I checked a local EB and they didn't have the tickets, but he gave me a mini poster for the movie.
Old 03-06-04, 02:05 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Location: City of the lakers.. riots.. and drug dealing cops.. los(t) Angel(e)s. ca.
If you are part of the zombie army crap... CHECK E-MAILS AT ONCE! you can get passes that way. Well atleast in the L.A. showing they will have some sort of party and stuff there. wonder what it's all about.
Old 03-06-04, 02:48 AM
Banned by request

Originally posted by Jackskeleton
If you are part of the zombie army crap... CHECK E-MAILS AT ONCE! you can get passes that way. Well atleast in the L.A. showing they will have some sort of party and stuff there. wonder what it's all about.
Is this even for people who aren't part of the "zombie army" but still got passes at EB?
Old 03-06-04, 03:05 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Location: City of the lakers.. riots.. and drug dealing cops.. los(t) Angel(e)s. ca.
actually more info just recieved...

It's actually a Zombie Army party that is seperate from the screening..

Get this, the EB pass gets you in to see the flick at a 7:00pm showing

This thing is for the same place The Bridge (not to be mistaken for the Grove.. ) anyhow. the lay out is this:

Attn: Los Angeles Recruits
THURSDAY, MARCH 18
Game til' Dawn Party and Screening @ The Bridge Cinemas, 6081 Center Dr. @ Sepulveda in LA
If you live in the LA Area, you can attend a FREE screening of Dawn of the Dead and participate in an XBox Game Competition!

There'll be free food, djs and giveaways all night.
(The Bridge Cinemas, 6081 Center Dr. @ Sepulveda, LOS ANGELES)
9:00PM - party begins
11:00PM - screening of DAWN begins
1:00AM - audience from screening begins gaming
5:00AM - championship

If you are interested in attending please email your name and mailing address to [email protected] and we will send you tickets. Subject line should read "Screening RSVP - Your Username."

We will ship a pair of tickets to the first 150 to respond - first come, first served. Please note that ticket does not guarantee entry. RSVP by March 10.
So Suprmallet.. If you want to jump on this. I'm not sure how many folks in the L.A. are have already e-mailed, since this was posted only earlier tonight it might still be up for grabs. Sign up quick and send out the e-mail. you will just need a user handle to put in. sign up can be done quick.

http://universal.fanpimp.com/zombiearmy/

Go go go go!

Old 03-06-04, 03:28 AM
Banned by request

Are you going? And why do I have a feeling that from now on, anytime someone from LA mentions any location, they'll throw in a "not to be confused with the Grove" just to get a good dig at me?

Hell, I'd do it to myself. I still can't believe how stupid I was.
Old 03-06-04, 03:43 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

I kid cause I care. Besides, I'm sure folks will bring up the rants and raves from me about the logic of running zombies for years to come....

in any case. If I did make it into the first 150 folks who sent the e-mail in.. (i'm hoping) I would indeed be going to not only the regular preview at 7, but also this one at 11.

I loved the movie that much.

Oh yeah, those who are in texas:

http://www.sin13.com/webflyers/pages/dod.htm

that may be of interest to some of you.
Old 03-06-04, 04:01 AM
Banned by request

I kid cause I care. Besides, I'm sure folks will bring up the rants and raves from me about the logic of running zombies for years to come....
I have a feeling I'll be doing double duty on this one, because I also made the case for slow-running zombies, and if I like this movie half as much as you do, I'll still be raving about it.

in any case. If I did make it into the first 150 folks who sent the e-mail in.. (i'm hoping) I would indeed be going to not only the regular preview at 7, but also this one at 11.

I loved the movie that much.
Since it took about 2 minutes out of my day, I signed up and replied to the email. If I hate the movie, I won't go to the party, I'll just give the tickets to someone at the 7 PM screening. If I like it, I'll go again. We should figure out some way of meeting up.
Old 03-06-04, 04:03 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Your pass is for you and a guest. Unless you have one already lets see who else on the board needed one.

Devil needs to get there. Devil, you get ahold of one or need one of us to smuggle you in?

This seems like a good chance to get a DVDTALK Islands trip going.
Old 03-06-04, 04:05 AM
Banned by request

Your pass is for you and a guest. Unless you have one already lets see who else on the board needed one.

Devil needs to get there. Devil, you get ahold of one or need one of us to smuggle you in?

I'm willing to double up with any DVDTalker, and Islands is cool with me!

If no DVDTalker takes me up on the offer, I have a friend who will be in town from North Carolina who is a die-hard Romero fan who might enjoy this.
Old 03-06-04, 05:26 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Well if you are going to have out of town friend I think that would be more of a priority then to have another dvdtalker as your guest.

Devil, did you get a chance to get a pass?
Old 03-06-04, 10:33 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Thanks for the info. Jack. Got my passes yesterday.

Can't wait to see this one. Kind of funny to see it in a mall to where the mall will be closed when we leave
Old 03-06-04, 10:54 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks!
Old 03-06-04, 09:25 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 453 Likes on 320 Posts

Er, I need a pass.. haven't had time to stop by the Bridge cuz I've been helping on a friend's production after work. So smuggle me, smuggle me.
Old 03-07-04, 05:18 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
anyone know if the eb games in mall of america has them. it would be tight to see dawn in a huge mall like mall of america.
Old 03-07-04, 06:57 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 694 Likes on 502 Posts
Originally posted by snoopydoggy2002
anyone know if the eb games in mall of america has them. it would be tight to see dawn in a huge mall like mall of america.
Uh... did you miss the list on page 1? There's a phone number listed, just give 'em a call and see.
Old 03-07-04, 07:25 PM
Banned by request

My friend from NC said he wanted to go, so I guess he's getting the pass. Sorry.
Old 03-08-04, 05:40 PM
Banned by request

Hate to double post, but wanted to bump this back up to say I just got a free pass for a sneak preview of Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind on March 18th, at the exact same time as the Dawn screening and I'm going to catch Eternal Sunshine. I don't know what I'm going to do with my Dawn pass.

However, if I get tickets for the Zombie Army party, I'll see it there. This might just work out better than before.
Old 03-08-04, 09:07 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

I'll take the pass to give it to two other guys who never got around to heading to the bridge.. either that or they must have headed to the grove by mistake.....
Old 03-08-04, 09:10 PM
Banned by request

I'll take the pass to give it to two other guys who never got around to heading to the bridge.. either that or they must have headed to the grove by mistake.....
My friend from NC might still want it, and will just take someone else, but when I told him about it, he didn't sound like he HAD to see it. I should be talking to him soon.

Presuming he doesn't want it, should I mail the pass to you? How do you want to work that?
Old 03-08-04, 09:58 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Mailing will be fine. that's if your friend doesn't want it of course.

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.