DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   Movie Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/movie-talk-17/)
-   -   I need FAST help: Exorcist or Exorcist: The Version you've never seen (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/movie-talk/350063-i-need-fast-help-exorcist-exorcist-version-youve-never-seen.html)

The Nature Boy 02-29-04 12:52 AM

I need FAST help: Exorcist or Exorcist: The Version you've never seen

I got the Version You've never seen out of my library today, but I've since heard some scuttlebutt that I should see the original. I've never seen the film, I'm wondering if viewing this first is a bad choice, and how strongly you feel about this versus the original.

HURRY! I'm going to watch in about 30 minutes!

RyoHazuki 02-29-04 01:07 AM

if you are just renting, get the version you've never seen. If purchasing, go for 25th Ann. for the Fear of God doc.

The Nature Boy 02-29-04 01:52 AM

Thanks Ryo, I'll give it a spin. And why the name change?

Mr. Salty 02-29-04 04:56 AM

Because they're different cuts of the film and the version on the 25th Anniversary Edition is much better.

Gyno Rhino 02-29-04 07:46 AM

Don't go for the "version you've never seen". It ruins the movie.

The Nature Boy 02-29-04 11:10 AM

Originally posted by Gyno Rhino
Don't go for the "version you've never seen". It ruins the movie.
Generally speaking, how so? I have only gotten about 1/3 of the way into it, before I fell asleep, but none of the "action" scenes.

Pants 02-29-04 01:38 PM

F*** the version you've never seen, only watch the original

The Nature Boy 02-29-04 02:10 PM

Originally posted by Pants
F*** the version you've never seen, only watch the original
Too late! But in any event, I loved The Version You've Never seen, being the only version I HAVE seen. What are the major differences/changes in the versions?

I can't believe this escaped my view for so long, but it really knocked me on my ass and was something special and not only lived up to the hype but surpassed it for me. I'll view the regular verison regardless. I know the ending was altered pretty dramatically, does it play as differently as it might seems(without the happy ending?)

Crocker Jarmen 02-29-04 02:15 PM

I like The Version You've Never Seen (despite that idiotic subtitle). Unlike some other 'up-dated' films I could mention, the additions don't call attention to themselves and enhance the movie. I really liked the additional scenes in the doctor's office.

I could have done without the goofy 'spidar-walk', but I like the extra little scene at the end.

Vegas9203 03-01-04 09:29 AM

I liked the version you've never seen. It didn't take away from the movie. So funny how people get all worked up and will only like the original!! :lol:

Giles 03-01-04 09:59 AM

both editions have supplements that are exclusive to each version, just buy both.

Lara Means 03-01-04 10:39 AM

Oh come on folks. They are both pretty much exactly the same movie. The changes are so little that who gives a shit which version you watch. Both are great. If you have a home theater then you must get the 'Version Youve Never Seen' because the new picture and sound mix are terrific.

Giles 03-01-04 10:44 AM

Originally posted by Lara Means
If you have a home theater then you must get the 'Version Youve Never Seen' because the new picture and sound mix are terrific.
the new 5.1 soundmix is very good, whe I saw the 'version you've never seen" at the theatre I thought the sound was aptly cringe-inducing and LOUD.