DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   Movie Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/movie-talk-17/)
-   -   Blade Runner - 'Definative' Director's Cut - theatrical release? (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/movie-talk/348284-blade-runner-definative-directors-cut-theatrical-release.html)

Giles 02-19-04 09:58 PM

Blade Runner - 'Definative' Director's Cut - theatrical release?

Sorry but this question is two-fold:
1) What is the status of the new director's cut of 'Blade Runner'

2) Has anyone heard news or rumours if the new 'definative' director's cut of "Blade Runner" might get a theatrical release before it's DVD release? (similiar to the recent 'Alien' Director's Cut).

Jay G. 02-19-04 10:21 PM

1) The new director's cut is tied up in legal limbo with the rights owners.

2) Nobody has made any decisions about the film's release since it is in aformentioned limbo.

Jackskeleton 02-19-04 10:51 PM

I wish I had the theatrical cut on dvd. :(

Playitagainsam 02-20-04 01:41 AM

you want it ?

Jackskeleton 02-20-04 01:54 AM

Yes. I'm one of the few who actually enjoyed the theater cut a lot more then the directors cut.

Jay G. 02-20-04 07:08 AM

The theatrical cut is rumored to have been planned to be included on the SE DVD set.

whaaat 02-20-04 10:17 AM

Originally posted by Jackskeleton
I wish I had the theatrical cut on dvd. :(
Fanboy!!!!!!
Go out and buy the laserdisc.

;)

BTW, while I prefer the new cut of the film, I also wish the original theatrical version was out on DVD.

Jay G. 02-20-04 02:13 PM

Originally posted by whaaat
BTW, while I prefer the new cut of the film, I also wish the original theatrical version was out on DVD.
Original US theatrical, or original European theatrical?

http://www.brmovie.com/FAQs/BR_FAQ_Versions.htm

whaaat 02-20-04 02:24 PM

Originally posted by Jay G.
Original US theatrical, or original European theatrical?

Aren't they pretty much the same except for a couple of seconds of extra violence? I don't see why they couldn't include both on any future SE release, using seamless brandching.

rushmore223 02-20-04 02:37 PM

<----- Happy with his Blade Runner Criterion on Laserdisc.

I too prefer the Theatrical.

RaynMan2019 02-20-04 02:54 PM

Originally posted by rushmore223
<----- Happy with his Blade Runner Criterion on Laserdisc.

I too prefer the Theatrical.

Do you know if Criterion has the legal standing to make a mirroring edition on DVD from the Laserdisc version? Besides amping up the sound and picture quality, of course! :P

rushmore223 02-20-04 03:02 PM

No, they no longer possess the rights, or trust me, it would have been released already.

RaynMan2019 02-20-04 03:09 PM

Originally posted by rushmore223
No, they no longer possess the rights, or trust me, it would have been released already.
Dammit, Jim! I'm a fan of Blade Runner, not a lawyer!
That really makes me disappointed! NOW we have to deal with the stupid crap about the current legal battles with the 'owners'! It's Ridley Scott's damn masterpiece anyways!

C_Fletch 02-20-04 03:35 PM

It's sad when art is reduced to the greenbacks it was made from. ****IN MAKES ME SICK!!!

Sorry...............

Jackskeleton 02-20-04 03:37 PM

Originally posted by whaaat
Fanboy!!!!!!
Go out and buy the laserdisc.

I already have it on LD.. but if you notice I ended the sentence with "On dvd" ;)

till then I'll hold my CC LD tightly. :p

RaynMan2019 02-20-04 04:17 PM

Originally posted by Jackskeleton
I already have it on LD.. but if you notice I ended the sentence with "On dvd" ;)

till then I'll hold my CC LD tightly. :p

I know EXACTLY what you mean!
:D

Playitagainsam 02-20-04 05:44 PM

Theatrical Cut soon to be out on P2P

OK... here's a scoop.

There's a guy that I know, and he told me that some of his friends are sick of this bull$hit about the theatrical edition not being on DVD. Apparently, they have some good equipment and remastered the Criterion LD to DVD, and are planning to make it available on the internet in full (4.7 GB), for free.

I don't know if this is going to be on Kazaa, eMule, DirectConnect or BitTorent, but I'm sure the guy will tell me when it will happen. Can you guess I want a copy as well ? :)

RaynMan2019 02-20-04 05:50 PM

I want that! Only problem is connection and download time. This still warrants it!

Pants 02-20-04 06:57 PM

Love my CC laserdisc, but the picture quality is pretty poor. Can't wait for the new cut...whenever it happens.

Playitagainsam 02-20-04 07:57 PM

If it turns out to be true, shall I drop a line here? I hope the mods are OK with it...

RaynMan2019 02-20-04 10:22 PM

I see if it's not for profit and just for personal use, there shouldn't be a problem. Let's hopefully hear from the moderators about this. THEN we'll know!

RandyC 02-20-04 11:03 PM

It is against forum rules. Please do not discuss how/where to download copyrighted materials.

RaynMan2019 02-20-04 11:06 PM

Let's get back to our 'wanting' of this to get made by Ridley Scott himself.

Jackskeleton 02-20-04 11:25 PM

Originally posted by RaynMan2019
I see if it's not for profit and just for personal use, there shouldn't be a problem. Let's hopefully hear from the moderators about this. THEN we'll know!
Three days on the boards and you are already saying what's cool and not cool for the forum.... :lol:

RaynMan2019 02-20-04 11:29 PM

Well, I gotta speak my mind somehow! :P :))