DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   Movie Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/movie-talk-17/)
-   -   "Sex and the City" heads to the big screen? (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/movie-talk/348002-sex-city-heads-big-screen.html)

Daytripper 02-18-04 03:59 PM

"Sex and the City" heads to the big screen?

What do you think....good idea or bad?

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmp...ovies_eo/13520

calhoun07 02-18-04 04:16 PM

Bad! Six seasons is enough!

Geofferson 02-18-04 04:18 PM

Originally posted by calhoun07
Bad! Six seasons is enough!
I agree.

QuikSilver 02-18-04 04:38 PM

This is a very bad idea. What could they possible do on the big screen?

Ketamine 02-18-04 04:48 PM

I think it is a good idea. Now they can finally show some nudity and have an adult storyline.

I have heard a lot of people say that they are sad to see the show end so I think there is a market for this show. May also help some get their movie careers going.

DrMcKittrick 02-18-04 07:26 PM

there's more than enough nudity in the series.

Dr. DVD 03-08-04 11:05 AM

No "Sex and the City" movie

Movie a no go

While I would have liked to see the further adventures of the four women, I am glad this won't happen as it would cheapen the effect and impact of the last episode. They were all happy, and to make a movie would necessitate them losing it in some way or another.

javanut 03-08-04 01:10 PM

I'm surprised. I would have thought this would have a huge box office if it made it into release.

The Nature Boy 03-08-04 01:33 PM

It would have been a likely commercial success, but an artistic catastrophe. What more could you say after that final episode? I don't even like that crap show, but I was moved to catch the final story arcs, which I think were incredibly well-done. Anywhere you would have taken the actresses in a sequel would have been a HUGE let down.

But there are movie possiblities, because I think it might be fun to take the CHARACTERS and set them in the 80's and see what happens. Now I'll concede that the actresses were so intregal to building those characters out of some initally staid writing, but it'd be interesting to see them in cocaine party 80's.

QuikSilver 03-08-04 06:01 PM

Thank goodness. This was a horrible idea to begin with.

Dr. DVD 03-08-04 07:47 PM

Any chance that the actresses other than Sarah Jessica will have some career opportunities after this show? History seems to hint otherwise, and them being older doesn't help them. :(

Maybe they'll find work on the stage or something.

Supermallet 03-08-04 08:42 PM

Originally posted by Dr. DVD
Any chance that the actresses other than Sarah Jessica will have some career opportunities after this show? History seems to hint otherwise, and them being older doesn't help them. :(

Kim Catrall had an active career before the show started, and I think it will only become more active now that it's over.

onebyone 03-08-04 08:53 PM

Thank GOD. The finale was very good, I am more than happy to leave it at that. No reason to muck it up with a movie.

Dr. DVD 03-08-04 09:31 PM

Originally posted by onebyone
Thank GOD. The finale was very good, I am more than happy to leave it at that. No reason to muck it up with a movie.

While it would make no sense in terms of plot, I was thinking HBO could kill two birds with one stone by combining a Sopranos movie with one of Sex. They both take place around New York, so why not? ;)
We could have "Big" get whacked by Christopher while Adrianna discusses her problems with Carrie.

rushmore223 03-09-04 06:58 PM

I would also like to say "whew".

Nothing bad intended, but I just didnt think this was necessarry, no real point to it in my opinion.

Tafellappen 03-09-04 07:09 PM

We could have "Big" get whacked by Christopher
Pervert!

marty888 03-09-04 11:08 PM

While it would make no sense in terms of plot, I was thinking HBO could kill two birds with one stone by combining a Sopranos movie with one of Sex. They both take place around New York, so why not? ;)
We could have "Big" get whacked by Christopher while Adrianna discusses her problems with Carrie.

...and the body can be shipped to Fisher & Sons for burial.... and Christopher can be caught and sent to Oz ...

Geofferson 03-10-04 08:55 AM

Glad to hear this.

rfduncan 03-10-04 08:57 AM

-rolleyes-
Cynthia Nixon IS a stage actress. She was recently Mary Haines in "The Women" when it was revived on Broadway. Interestingly, she REPLACED SJP in "The Heidi Chronicles". Read her <a href="http://hollywood.com/celebs/bio/celeb/1677127">bio</a>.

Darren Starr has used Kristin Davis before on "Melrose Place". Wouldn't be surprised if we see more of her as well.

Dr. DVD 03-10-04 12:30 PM

Originally posted by rfduncan
-rolleyes-
Cynthia Nixon IS a stage actress. She was recently Mary Haines in "The Women" when it was revived on Broadway. Interestingly, she REPLACED SJP in "The Heidi Chronicles". Read her <a href="http://hollywood.com/celebs/bio/celeb/1677127">bio</a>.

Darren Starr has used Kristin Davis before on "Melrose Place". Wouldn't be surprised if we see more of her as well.

If you provide a link, please make sure it's one that won't take me to a page with about five hundred pop-ups all over the place. After closing them out, I had an eclipse ad get burned through the page in the middle of my reading!

I knew Cattral would continue to work, if nothing else in TV ads. Davis has a very cute quality about her and a youthful look despite her age. I think she would be great in children's movies playing the aunt or mom, not that I would view them.

Pants 03-10-04 12:47 PM

The movie was a bad idea. The last two seasons sucked. That show just stopped being funny.

rfduncan 03-10-04 02:28 PM

If you provide a link, please make sure it's one that won't take me to a page with about five hundred pop-ups all over the place. After closing them out, I had an eclipse ad get burned through the page in the middle of my reading!
Hmmm... went to the link on two different PCs (one with IE, one with Netscape) and did not have any of these pop-up issues you mentioned. How else would you suggest I check? I certainly can't control YOUR browser to prevent pop-ups.... jimminy christmas!-rolleyes-

Dr. DVD 03-10-04 04:01 PM

Originally posted by rfduncan
Hmmm... went to the link on two different PCs (one with IE, one with Netscape) and did not have any of these pop-up issues you mentioned. How else would you suggest I check? I certainly can't control YOUR browser to prevent pop-ups.... jimminy christmas!-rolleyes-

I was being sarcastic, sorry if you took it the wrong way.

critterdvd 06-06-07 05:40 PM

Sex and the City: The Movie - officially happening

E! Online's Kristin is reporting that sometime soon Sarah Jessica Parker will officially be announcing the 'Sex and the City' movie.

Personally I thought the series finale was exactly what it needed to be. But with that said, there is still so much the writers can do with these characters. I'm excited to see what they do with a bigger budget and 4x runtime :).

Jimmy James 06-06-07 05:56 PM

Shouldn't that read "rumored to be officially happening"?

Kristin is hardly the most steady source out there...