DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   Movie Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/movie-talk-17/)
-   -   Best zombie movie out on DVD? (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/movie-talk/347206-best-zombie-movie-out-dvd.html)

OldBoy 02-14-04 10:18 AM

Best zombie movie out on DVD?

Just want to try and get a really good zombie flick. I know Dawn of the Dead is coming out again and will get that, but any out now that is the all time best in your opinion. Thanks

Venom 02-14-04 10:31 AM

as far as quality and extras;

Night of the living dead ME edition
Day of the dead divimax
Return of the living dead
Zombie (zombi 2) SE coming i think

infected people with rage;

28 days later

clappj 02-14-04 11:12 AM

Classic: Original NOTLD
Modern: Dead Alive

OldBoy 02-14-04 02:03 PM

who is the director of this one? aren't there many titled this? let me know ..thanks.

mikewendt 02-14-04 03:21 PM

Dawn of the Dead... Best zombie movie, can't wait for the super-duper SE to make it the best zombie DVD.

Venom 02-14-04 04:03 PM

Dead Alive is great fun, but it has tons of humor and isn't serious or scary.

Same for Return of the living dead, but RotLD has a solid extras.
the r1 of dead alive is bare bones. a real pity.

BlackBeauty92 02-14-04 04:07 PM

Originally posted by scott1598

who is the director of this one? aren't there many titled this? let me know ..thanks.

Lucio Fulci

my favorite zombies: The One Doesn't Run

:D

MSD 02-14-04 04:44 PM

City Of The Living Dead
The Beyond
Let Sleepling Corpses Lie
Hell Of The Living Dead
Zombie

Trigger 02-14-04 05:01 PM

Dead Alive
Cemetary Man
Wild Zero

Jackskeleton 02-14-04 06:05 PM

UNDEAD -sure it's not on dvd in the U.S. yet, nor has it even hit theaters, but I must say that I loved this zombie flick.

STACY - feels cheesy, but you gotta love school girl zombies

and of course
NIGHT, DAWN, and DAY of the living Dead

Maryang Palad 02-14-04 07:07 PM

Shatter Dead
Return of the Living Dead

davidlynchfan 02-14-04 07:20 PM

Night of the Living Dead Remake is worthy.

brkhrt7 02-14-04 09:05 PM

Originally posted by Trigger

Cemetary Man

Any news about this being released stateside?

QuiGonJosh 02-14-04 09:34 PM

Night of the Living Dead Millenium Edition
Dawn of the Dead Divimax (Comes out in a few weeks...might as well be on here)
Day of the Dead Divimax
Dead Alive
Zombie

Crocker Jarmen 02-15-04 03:31 AM

There's a half decent zombie movie called Night of the Zombies, which I think was re-titled Hell of the Living Dead when it was put out on DVD.

It's largely a rip off of Dawn of the Dead, even using the same Goblin's music in a lot of scenes. Also about 25% of the movie is made up of stock footage. There is some really strange, disturbing footage spliced in of a tribe preforming some cannibalism ritual.

turborobb 02-15-04 06:13 AM

don't forget Children Shouldn't Play with Dead Things

and if you want something silly, but fun...

Redneck Zombies

and a great little known movie is Zombie Flesh Eaters it's on one of those cheapo $8.99 4 movie sets you usually find in the discount bin at Suncoast. It's really scary... in a cheesy 70's low budget italian movie sort of way.

The Nature Boy 02-15-04 12:33 PM

I mean, I gotta go with the movie that has made me think of Zombie's for 20 years, the original Zombie aka Zombi 2.

Suprisingly high production values, some geniue chills, and an underwater Zombie-Shark encounter. Need I say more?

OldBoy 03-05-04 03:03 PM

"Return of the Living Dead" good? equal or better or same type category as "Re-Animator"? Thanks...

Mondo Kane 03-05-04 03:40 PM

Originally posted by scott1598
"Return of the Living Dead" good? equal or better or same type category as "Re-Animator"? Thanks...
ROTLD is better-paced than Re-Animator. More fun, but not as outrageous. Hope that helped.

DVD Smurf 03-05-04 07:41 PM

28 Days Later...in my book

People in Return of the living dead are also infected as it also effects the dead... ;)

QuiGonJosh 03-05-04 07:43 PM

Night of the Living Dead
Dawn of the Dead
Day of the Dead
Evil Dead (I guess its a Zombie flick kinda)
Zombie
28 Days Later

claweight 03-05-04 09:31 PM

i second dead alive and cemetery man (aka dellamorte dellamore) two really good zombie movies.
i'd also include the fantastic tombs of the blind dead series. if you do some hunting around you can find pt I and II double disc which is out of print but can still be found. i think blue underground willl be re-releasing this sometime in the future.

SunMonkey 03-05-04 09:36 PM

1. Dead Alive
2. Zombie
3. Return of the Living Dead
4. Day of the Dead
5. 28 Days Later

Horror Dude 03-06-04 04:03 AM

It is so good to hear people mention cemetary man...LOL!! it is indeed a classic and should be given it's proper treatment, perhaps something like dead and buried was given.....one can only hope..OH and for GOD SAKES, WE NEED A BETTER VERSION OF DEAD ALIVE!!!

Trigger 03-06-04 05:23 AM

not quite a zombie movie, but Night of the Creeps was pretty cool, no?