Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Movie Talk
Reload this Page >

A hole celebrities! post your stories here

Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

Old 02-03-04, 09:31 PM
Needs to contact an admin about multiple accounts

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We have all heard of or experienced a celebrity at his or her worst. Yelled at by Sharon Stone? Jim Carrey cut someone off? post em here!
This is the movie forum, but feel free to include celebrities from tv and music as well. Hersey is fine, as long as it is interesting! you can also get them from magazine or internet articles/interviews, but personal experiences are the most interesting

I have heard from someone that William Shatner was very rude to a fan in a supermarket.

Also, I have heard Tiger Woods is a prick and a shitty tipper.

Thats about all i have. I was at a celebrity golf game with a bunch of A listers, but all seemed nice.

Also, Henry Winkler talked to me when I was about 10. I sat behind him at a restauraunt while he was filming a movie. Strangly enough, we were allowed to sit right behind him, though he was in fully character/costume and they were really shooting. During cuts, Henry would turn to me and start gabbing. He just went on and on and on and on to to this rude little 10 year old who was very shit. That was rather funny. Not an A hole celeb story, he seemed like a really nice guy!

ok post em!
Old 02-03-04, 10:21 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Courtney Love - both "a Hole" celebrity AND an "a-hole" celebrity!
Old 02-03-04, 10:26 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

I'm from Pittsburgh. Many years ago (when I was about 10 or 11), I saw Barry Bonds at a restaurant I was eating at with my folks. Bonds was my favorite baseball player at the time, so I worked up the courage to ask him for an autograph. He asked to talk to my Dad and told him that he didn't give autographs for less than $50. My Dad called him an *******, and I went home heartbroken. F' that guy.
Old 02-03-04, 10:32 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Not surprising
Old 02-03-04, 11:24 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Tim Allen was an ******* at the Barret Jackson auction where I met him.
Old 02-03-04, 11:28 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 31 Likes on 23 Posts
I've never had an "a-hole" celebrity experience. I met Shakira in Miami Beach last year (in a random encounter) and she was an absolute peach!

The only celebrity who was kind of rude was Dustin Hoffman, who I saw ream the hell out of a server at a Dim Sum restaurant in New York something like 14 years ago. I forgot exactly what it was about, but he got huffy and pissy over something extremely trivial and really tore into this poor girl.

Jackoff.
Old 02-03-04, 11:46 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

George Hamilton very rudely cut in front of my wife in line while she was trying to buy pretzels from a stand in LA. He also sneered rudely at the salesman who politely asked him to repeat his order. Even the other people waiting in line were aghast at his behavior. Never liked him as an actor, like him even less as a person.

Oliver Stone was pretty much of an arrogant prick after giving a very rousing speech at U.C. Davis several years ago. I was among several students who got to meet him backstage, and he acted like the biggest a__hole rock star. He still makes good movies, though.

A friend of mine met Prince after he performed a show in Sacramento, and found him to be a complete d_ck.

My wife was a student in Christopher Darden's law class, and he did everything he could to show off his model girlfriends and would constantly make references to how he should have won the criminal trial against OJ. She couldn't stand him.

Speaking of OJ Simpson, he walked in to my uncle's liquor store over twenty years ago in San Jose and was totally cool and a pleasure to meet.
Old 02-04-04, 12:25 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Alright...George Frickin Lucas stiffed me!!

I was working the Hard Rock Cafe Valet in San Francisco. He asked if I had change for a five. I said "Umm no actually." (it was the beginning of my shift). Dude just drove off! Son of a. This was just after watching Greedo shoot first when the special crap editions came out. I will never forgive myself for not saying anything.
Old 02-04-04, 12:28 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

"I'm from Pittsburgh. Many years ago (when I was about 10 or 11), I saw Barry Bonds at a restaurant I was eating at with my folks. Bonds was my favorite baseball player at the time, so I worked up the courage to ask him for an autograph. He asked to talk to my Dad and told him that he didn't give autographs for less than $50. My Dad called him an *******, and I went home heartbroken. F' that guy."

Dude, My friend saw Barry at a boxing match in Vegas. He totally loved that dude. He went up to him and said "Hi Barry". Barry replied with a simple "**ck you". Needless to say Barry is a fricken A hole.
Old 02-04-04, 02:36 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 20 Likes on 11 Posts
Originally posted by Trigger
Tim Allen was an ******* at the Barret Jackson auction where I met him.
Even if in jest, please do not personally attack other members. -Blake

I don't think I've met any mean celebrities, or many celebrities at all in fact.

Last edited by Blake; 02-04-04 at 08:06 PM.
Old 02-04-04, 05:50 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 24 Likes on 22 Posts
Re: A hole celebrities! post your stories here

Originally posted by whynotsmile
I have heard from someone that William Shatner was very rude to a fan in a supermarket.
I interviewed Shatner about a year ago and he was one of the most pleasant celebs I've ever talked to.

However, I met Batman's Adam West one time in a public forum (i.e. a lot of fans were present) and he was the biggest jerk imaginable. I'm not shocked his career has gone nowhere.
Old 02-04-04, 07:45 AM

Two years ago I met Mike Piazza of the N.Y. Mets at my gym. I'm not much of a baseball fan and had no idea it was even him. I saw him many times at my gym. Was on treadmill right next to his a few times and when always nodded at each other and, a few times, talked about various things. One of our conversations was about that year's upcoming Superbowl (New England vs. St. Louis). He picked the Rams to win. But, then again, two weeks earlier he picked Pittsburgh to go all the way. Not too good at predicting, huh? Anyways, I found out about a month later that it was him. One of the trainers at the front desk was talking about how Piazza had been in regularly since season ended. I had heard of the name Mike Piazza, but wasn't familiar with how he looked. That day the trainer said that he was in the gym and working out. I asked him to point him out to me. After he did, I said "Holy S**t! I know that guy quite well." AFterwards, I got a little nervous whenever I was around him, but he was very cool to me always. I felt like such an idiot when I told him that I thought his role in "Seinfeld," where Jerry helped him move and they became best friends, was very well done. He corrected me by saying, "That wasn't me. That was Keith Hernandez." I felt like such a jerkoff. I couldn't believe I said that. I thought for sure it was Mike Piazza. He was cool with it. Even laughed (probably at me). Overall, even though I'm not a baseball person, I thought Mike Piazza was a very down-to-earth, approachable, extremely nice guy. Turns out he lives in the town where my gym is at: Boynton Beach (home of the U.S. Little League Champs).
Old 02-04-04, 08:10 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I was eating at the Johnny Rockets in Melrose (downtown LA), with 2 friends of mine, both female. We saw a big crowd around these cameras and lights so I put down my burger and ran over to check it out. It was Jay Leno doing his jaywalking! I told my friends and one of them is a big fan, so she ran over, and was all nervous. Then I tapped him on the shoulder right after he finished interviewing someone, and shook his hand. Then my friend was going to shake his hand and was like "I'm so happy to meet you!" and then he said "oh well, then give me a hug!"

Just really really friendly. Cool guy.
Old 02-04-04, 08:18 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I met Adam West and he was a nice guy. What shocked me was he was so much like they portray him on Johnny Bravo, with the names and all. He must have called me a different name about 7 times.
Old 02-04-04, 08:42 AM

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts
I have friends who work at a hotel in Park City. Turns out Ashton Kushner was staying at their hotel for Sundance, and they tipped me off. So, I went by his room at 2am (had to wait until all the screenings and parties were over), and knocked on the door.

Okay, first of all, he didn't even have the courtesy to put on a shirt before answering the door. Secondly, he was incredibly rude. I just wanted to tell him what a big fan I was, and get him to hang out with me and maybe "punk" some of my friends, but instead he was all "Sorry, dude...I gotta sleep," slammed the door in my face, and called hotel security.

A-hole of the century.
Old 02-04-04, 09:27 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

There are reports of Alec Guiniss (Obi-Wan) being rude to a young kid. The kid mentioned Ben Kenobi and Alec gave him a lecture on how he was in other movies besides Star Wars. What a jerk! I lost any respect I had for him after reading that story.

Barbara Strisand is retarded. Back when South Park made fun of her, she made comments that Beavis and Butt-Head shouldn't be on the air. Hello...at least get the show right you stupid bimbo.

Joan Rivers is a bitter old ugly hag. Years ago when Speed came out, when flipping channels, I saw enough of her E! movie show to hear her scream about since Sandra Bullock looked so good, "someone should force feed these bitches donuts". I decided to add Joan to my hate list then.
Old 02-04-04, 09:32 AM

Not an actor, but I got a chance to meet the band 'Year of the Rabbit' at a concert and they was extremely nice. Got autographs and talked for abit. Great guy's, even if their music is only medicore.
Old 02-04-04, 09:32 AM

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts
Originally posted by resinrats
There are reports of Alec Guiniss (Obi-Wan) being rude to a young kid. The kid mentioned Ben Kenobi and Alec gave him a lecture on how he was in other movies besides Star Wars. What a jerk! I lost any respect I had for him after reading that story.
From reading his books, I know Guiness was a bit bitter that Star Wars overshadowed his previous work. Also, he was a private person and the film gave him a lot more celebrity than he was used to, and I know that bothered him as well.

However, I doubt the story in question. Everything I've read about Guiness portrays him as a gentleman. Even though he might be annoyed by everybody always mentioning Star Wars, I seriously doubt he would lay into a little kid like that.

An adult? Possibly. More likely he would just blow them off.
Old 02-04-04, 11:07 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I met Donny Osmond once as a kid. He was nice.

About twelve years ago, I was at a Jazz game, and about halfway through the third quarter, I decided to hit the head. Well, I'm standing there, doing my business, and Steve Young walked in and started using the urinal next to me.

After washing up, I waited outside for him. He was also very pleasant, even signed an autograph.

Come to think of it, all the celebrities I've run into were really cool. Well, except for Ronnie Lott. He was a real prick.
Old 02-04-04, 11:15 AM

Originally posted by Groucho
From reading his books, I know Guiness was a bit bitter that Star Wars overshadowed his previous work. Also, he was a private person and the film gave him a lot more celebrity than he was used to, and I know that bothered him as well.

However, I doubt the story in question. Everything I've read about Guiness portrays him as a gentleman. Even though he might be annoyed by everybody always mentioning Star Wars, I seriously doubt he would lay into a little kid like that.

An adult? Possibly. More likely he would just blow them off.
I've read quite a bit about that encounter. More of the story is that the kid told him that he'd watched Star Wars 100 times and Guiness told the child to never watch it again, and basically told him to "Get a Life." Of course, this could all be Urban Legend that has been passed along in articles...

....and NO, I'm not that kid. However, I've met both Ray Park (Darth Maul) and Dave Prowse (Darth Vader) and both were extremely nice and chatted to me at great length. Expecially Dave Prowse. He probably would have talked to me all afternoon if I didn't have other things to do that day. Wonderful guys!
Old 02-04-04, 11:23 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 24 Likes on 22 Posts
Originally posted by Star Wars Guy
Expecially Dave Prowse. He probably would have talked to me all afternoon if I didn't have other things to do that day. Wonderful guys!
I've met Prowse too...I concur that he's a great guy and really takes time to talk to his fans.
Old 02-04-04, 12:10 PM

The biggest a hole celeb I met had to be Donovan Leitch (son of singer Donovan and brother of Ione Skye). I went to see his band, Nancy Boy, play once. They were "ok" after the show he was standing around so I went up to him and said "good show, man" and he gave me this bitchy look and said [snotty]"the names Donovan!"[/snotty]. I rolled my eyes, said whatever and quickly walked away.

The lead singer of Velocity Girl was a real bitch too.

I've met many cool bands over the years of going to shows. Those were the only two bad encounters I have had.

A funny celeb story: About 10 years ago I was in the Lower East Side of Manhattan waiting in my parked car for a friend and I noticed that Gilbert Gottfried was standing next to my car waiting to cross the street. I scrunched down low in my car and yelled out "Yo! Gilbert!" He looked around to see who was calling him and his arm was slowly raising to wave. I kept yelling out "Gilbert!" and he had no clue where it was coming from. Eventually he kinda shrugged and walked across the street. I had a good laugh about it then, now I feel a little bit bad though .

When I was a little kid I met Billy Idol in a Bob's Big Boy on the New Jersey Turnpike. He must have been touring at the time. He seemed like a really nice guy from what I can remember.
Old 02-04-04, 12:16 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally posted by fnordboy
About 10 years ago I was in the Lower East Side of Manhattan waiting in my parked car for a friend and I noticed that Gilbert Gottfried was standing next to my car waiting to cross the street. I scrunched down low in my car and yelled out "Yo! Gilbert!" He looked around to see who was calling him and his arm was slowly raising to wave. I kept yelling out "Gilbert!" and he had no clue where it was coming from. Eventually he kinda shrugged and walked across the street. I had a good laugh about it then, now I feel a little bit bad though.
Call me crazy, but I would love to hang out with Mr. Gottfried. He seems like a real down-to-earth, funny guy.
Old 02-04-04, 12:18 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally posted by Tarnower
I told him that I thought his role in "Seinfeld," where Jerry helped him move and they became best friends, was very well done. He corrected me by saying, "That wasn't me. That was Keith Hernandez." I felt like such a jerkoff. I couldn't believe I said that. I thought for sure it was Mike Piazza.
Old 02-04-04, 12:28 PM

Originally posted by Butt
Call me crazy, but I would love to hang out with Mr. Gottfried. He seems like a real down-to-earth, funny guy.
I agree. I think that is why I feel bad about it now. I was a 17 year old kid...

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.