DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   Movie Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/movie-talk-17/)
-   -   What move previews will we see during the Super Bowl? (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/movie-talk/344620-what-move-previews-will-we-see-during-super-bowl.html)

Dr. DVD 02-01-04 10:01 AM

What move previews will we see during the Super Bowl?

I am willing to bet that we will most certainly see one for Troy, and most likely The Day After Tomorrow. While it has been released in theaters, I think not having one for Van Helsing would be dumb on Uinversal's part.

Groucho 02-01-04 10:04 AM

Van Helsing isn't in theaters yet.

Obey The D 02-01-04 10:10 AM

Originally posted by Groucho
Van Helsing isn't in theaters yet.
I think he means the trailer.

Groucho 02-01-04 10:14 AM

Originally posted by Obey The D
I think he means the trailer.
Ah, but it seems strange to single it out since the trailers for both Troy and The Day After Tomorrow are in theaters.

Dr. DVD 02-01-04 10:24 AM

Originally posted by Groucho
Ah, but it seems strange to single it out since the trailers for both Troy and The Day After Tomorrow are in theaters.
Sorry about the confusion, I just remember someone saying earlier last week that Van Helsing might not have spot because it already had a preview in theaters and the SuperBowl would have been the original place to debut it. Of course The Mummy had a theater trailer and a SB spot as well, so you never know.

Jackskeleton 02-01-04 11:36 AM

it's been shown that films that have teasers and trailers playing during the super bowl actually do twice what they would have normally done compared to those which didn't advertise with it. I have no idea how they figure this.. but eh. lets hope there are some good ones

Goldberg74 02-01-04 01:59 PM

I think that I, Robot has some slots for the big game. The trailers are too ubiquitous for you to really get the feel of it.

Seems to me that Spiderman 2 and Shrek 2 are two shoe-ins as well.

Autotelik 02-01-04 05:48 PM

So far: Van Helsing, Troy.

Did I skip any?

dcprules 02-01-04 06:07 PM

You only skipped about the five or so previews already for 50 First Dates. I'm getting tired of hearing about it.

nemein 02-01-04 06:19 PM

The Alamo (atleast that's the subject don't recall if it's the name of the pic as well)

Starsky and Hutch :hscratch:

Secret Window (w/ J Depp... first one that looks really interesting IMHO)

Hildago

Dr. DVD 02-01-04 09:01 PM

Well, two out of three ain't bad!

Rammsteinfan 02-01-04 09:30 PM

they also showed LADYKILLERS which I didnt even know about until now... Tom Hanks looks different in this role. Could be good???

Giles 02-02-04 08:10 AM

I am surprised they didn't the show the trailer for SKY CAPTAIN, the preivew I saw (local Channel 8 Entertainment program last Thursday night) was downright amazing (oh....my....gawd!!!!!!)

Dr. DVD 02-02-04 08:56 AM

I think it was wise to show one for Van Helsing, since no one would really know about it unless they saw it in a theater, and even then they would just be scratching their heads. Not that they weren't doing so where I was watching the game, but they did all seem to think it looked pretty cool.
I'm almost inclined to think that the Superbowl spot for Gladiator really helped boost its interest as well and is what got people other than Ridley Scott fans interested.

Geofferson 02-02-04 11:20 AM

I was impressed with The Ladykillers trailer.