DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   Movie Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/movie-talk-17/)
-   -   Miracle (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/movie-talk/344172-miracle.html)

Sernov 01-29-04 07:00 PM

Miracle

Anyone else excited about this movie? Trailers look good so far.

MIRACLE

RyoHazuki 01-29-04 07:08 PM

Well its about America doing something good, so no Im not excited, in fact im disgusted in Di$ney for trying to sell us these flag waving lie$.

Seantn 01-29-04 07:21 PM

A dollar sign instead of an s, now i've seen everything!!!11. that wuz funny, lolz!1
i think that it means that disney likes money (who dosnt right...!) you sir r teh funny N U know how 2 bring it! u should do stand up like paula poundstone

As for the movie, it looks like a good family film. I probably won't see it, but if I had kids....yeah, I would.

Sernov 01-29-04 07:34 PM

...flag waving lie$
:hscratch:

That team won the gold. I suppose you believe in the Cigarette Smoking Man's involvement by injecting a numbing agent in the Soviet goalie's glove side??? :lol: -forgive the X-Files reference for those not familiar-

Amel 01-29-04 07:54 PM

A hockey movie?!?!! Say no more, I'm there! The greatest game on earth.

But I'm not looking forward to seeing those hairstyles and clothes from that period. The late 70's, early 80's has to be the worst fashion era ever.

FiveO 01-29-04 07:57 PM

So sad that Herb Brooks died last fall.

He fell asleep at the wheel of his minivan coming south on I-35 into the Twin Cities.

Sad day indeed.

Sernov 01-29-04 08:08 PM

It being a hockey movie is what most excites me to, Amel. Hockey (or Hollywood) does need to catch up to the other sports as far as memorable movies go.

Achtung 01-29-04 08:50 PM

Should be a good movie. I'll go see it, as it is one of the greatest moments in sporting history.

MrN 01-30-04 12:56 AM

All I gotta say is: SPOILER TAGS!!!!

j/k. ;)

RyoHazuki 02-01-04 01:29 AM

Some of you need to get your sarcasm receptors tuned more often.

Verbal Gorilla 02-01-04 03:53 PM

I think it was ESPN that ranked this moment as the greatest in sports history. From an non American standpoint, maybe it was not the greatest, but it was damn close. GREAT story...the movie looks a little cheesy, but still seems to be a must see...

shaun3000 02-01-04 04:16 PM

$10 says they make the Russians out to be nothing but mean, evil cheaters.

dcprules 02-01-04 04:46 PM

This movie looks pretty good, and I hope it is good. I haven't seen anything in the theater since Big Fish, because nothing good is playing. This will hopefully change that.

veritasredux 02-01-04 07:03 PM

Nothing like post Cold-War nostalgia.

I hope they get Dolph Lundgren to knock some American kid's head off again.

tywebb1976 02-01-04 07:51 PM

I caught a sneak on Saturday, its a good movie. I didn't enjoy it as much as Remember the Titans or the Rookie, but good nonetheless.

Michael Corvin 02-01-04 09:27 PM

Originally posted by Sernov
It being a hockey movie is what most excites me to, Amel. Hockey (or Hollywood) does need to catch up to the other sports as far as memorable movies go.
Did you not see Mighty Ducks 3? Man, had me in tears.

jekbrown 02-02-04 12:51 AM

Originally posted by shaun3000
$10 says they make the Russians out to be nothing but mean, evil cheaters.
highly doubtful. Besides, we all know the hollywood left is slowly seeking to alter history to the point where it was the Soviets that were the "good guys" all along. lol!

at any rate, there is no question that the Soviet team during that era used intimidation as a primary weapon. Nothing wrong with it, teams with a few tough guys / hard-hitters on 'em do it in the NHL too. The thing that makes the story great is that americans suck at hockey, the soviets were the best, and it was their pros vs our kids and the kids won. Its the classic underdog sports story, and perfect for a movie IMO.

j

Kaffe_02 02-02-04 10:42 AM

Cant wait to see this one.

jayson1017 02-02-04 12:15 PM

I could care less about this movie... Only because it'll contain the trademark Disney oversentimentalization. Also, its ridiculous to consider that game as "one of the greatest moments in modern history" (on official web-site). Hello??? It was a game!!!

Pants 02-02-04 12:58 PM

If something is named the single greatest moment in sports wouldn't that make it among the greatest moments in modern history?

It was a game, but it had political ramafications off the field (ice). Like when Jesse Owens won in Berlin '36.

RonMercer 02-03-04 10:20 AM

I think this movie's gonna be great. The trailer gives me the chills everytime I see it. I know some guys that saw a sneak of it over the weekend, and they said the games scenes are amazing...just like being at a real game. They said it was worth seeing in thaters if just for these sequences, and they're not even real big hockey fans.

Kal-El 02-03-04 11:58 AM

I'm there this weekend.

El Scorcho 02-05-04 04:03 PM

BTW, the actual game is on ESPN Classic tonight at 9pm EST.

Daytrip 02-05-04 04:07 PM

Originally posted by RyoHazuki
Some of you need to get your sarcasm receptors tuned more often.
kind of hard to do in plain text without smilies

Josh H 02-05-04 04:40 PM

Originally posted by Sernov

That team won the gold.

Ever hear of spoiler tags? Man, this is worse than the bastard that ruined Titanic for me by telling me the f'n boat sank. :mad: Now I have no reason to see the movie.