DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   Movie Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/movie-talk-17/)
-   -   If Jar Jar binks dies in Ep3, would you cheer? (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/movie-talk/343782-if-jar-jar-binks-dies-ep3-would-you-cheer.html)

Fok 01-27-04 11:32 PM

If Jar Jar binks dies in Ep3, would you cheer?

I would, hopefully Anakin will slice his fat lips and tongue off!

What was Lucas thinking about when he created him?

TopHatCat64 01-27-04 11:34 PM

Re: If Jar Jar binks dies in Ep3, would you cheer?

Originally posted by Fok
I would, hopefully Anakin will slice his fat lips and tongue off!

What was Lucas thinking about when he created him?

Kid appeal

Kid appeal=lotsa toys and money

Kal-El 01-27-04 11:54 PM

He doesn't, so you can close this thread right now.

Jackskeleton 01-28-04 12:37 AM

Yup, he wont die so might as well press Edit and delete the thread. :p

what was he thinking? perhaps he wanted the creature sidekick that chewie was. Jar Jar never fit those shoes so expecting the fur ball to be back in the third. ;)

mookiemeister 01-28-04 12:40 AM

Don't kill Jar Jar. He's funny!

Squidhead 01-28-04 01:09 AM

JarJar is deep and complex character. I'm sorry that so few people understand him and how profound his existence is.

jaeufraser 01-28-04 01:22 AM

No that would be terrible. Killing Jar Jar means he has to be in the film. I say...don't even put him in the movie!

Kal-El 01-28-04 01:35 AM

Originally posted by jaeufraser
No that would be terrible. Killing Jar Jar means he has to be in the film. I say...don't even put him in the movie!
Again, I have to say, he's already in it so this discussion is utterly pointless and nothing more than another round of luca$ bashing. If I'm not mistaken, there's around 3-4 active Star Wars threads between here and the main board. Did we really need another one?

costanza 01-28-04 01:50 AM

i keep hoping that when all six movies are out and it's time to make the "improvements" (se's)on the I, II, III that he will have the gungans kidnap anikan's mom instead of the sand people. then he could kill them, he could kill all of them. :)

Flynn 01-28-04 01:53 AM

If you go back and watch the original trilogy, you'll find similar characters in Chewbacca and R2-D2 (i.e. comic relief) - the only noticeable difference? You don't know what the Hell they're saying. If Lucas had written in a comical character that didn't speak ANY sort of English, it would have been MUCH better.

No, I wouldn't cheer if Jar Jar Binks died in Episode 3 - I'm pretty sure I read somewhere that George Lucas has already said he won't die, so I don't even think this is up for debate anymore.

I think this will be a pretty cool movie if done right... we shall see.

TREX1993 01-28-04 03:05 AM

I would dance an amazing end-zone dance the likes of which has never been seen in college or NFL ball. But since I'm not planning on seeing the movie, I'll have to take someone's word for it...

Rivero 01-28-04 03:53 AM

Originally posted by Flynn

I think this will be a pretty cool movie if done right... we shall see.

That's what fanboys were saying about Episode II in the weeks leading up to it's release:

"It's darker!" "There's less of Jar Jar!" "It'll make up for Episode 1, you'll see!"

Of course, Episode 2 turned out not much better than the first one. In fact, in numerous ways, it's a worse film.

Rogue588 01-28-04 04:04 AM

Originally posted by Rivero
Of course, Episode 2 turned out not much better than the first one. In fact, in numerous ways, it's a worse film.
-eek- Blasphemy!

[and here I thought I was alone in thinking this...]

joeydaninja 01-28-04 04:33 AM

If the whole series dies and Lucas is still directing, I won't shed a tear. :D

QuiGonJosh 01-28-04 05:04 AM

Jar Jar won't die...and I swear some of you who are still on this whole Jar Jar rant really need to get a life and move on...

drunkrob 01-28-04 05:24 AM

Episode I and II never got made. Jar Jar Binks was never in a movie. Episode III won't get made.

Now everyone repeat until you believe, then go watch IV, V and VI and enjoy.

I really wish Lucas had catered for the original Star Wars fans rather than the current generation of youth. I find it hard to believe that the people who grew up with the first movies can think Lucas did a good job with the new trilogy.

Trigger 01-28-04 05:31 AM

Jar Jar will die eventually - it's not like he's immortal or anything, right?

Michael Corvin 01-28-04 08:03 AM

No. Because that would mean he is in the movie. He just needs to be gone.

PixyJunket 01-28-04 08:42 AM

Originally posted by QuiGonJosh
Jar Jar won't die...and I swear some of you who are still on this whole Jar Jar rant really need to get a life and move on...
Preach it Brotha Josh!!

candyrocket786 01-28-04 08:44 AM

Hey....what ever happened to the Midichlorians???? Do you think they'll be in episode III? ;)

Kicker_of_Elves 01-28-04 09:14 AM

Show Jar Jar some love, haters!

<3 <3 <3 <3

;)

davidlynchfan 01-28-04 09:27 AM

I <3 Jar Jar.

PixyJunket 01-28-04 09:29 AM

Jar Jar's straight gangster.

matome 01-28-04 10:34 AM

I'd cheer.

DRG 01-28-04 11:29 AM

I could give a rat's ass about Jar Jar. As long as Jake Lloyd is out of the picture and Natalie Portman doesn't talk like a robot I'm fine.