DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   Movie Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/movie-talk-17/)
-   -   Lost Skeleton of Cadavra.. who's gonna go see it? (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/movie-talk/343157-lost-skeleton-cadavra-whos-gonna-go-see.html)

Regurgitator 01-24-04 01:01 PM

Lost Skeleton of Cadavra.. who's gonna go see it?

Just wondering if anyone out there in this forum will go see this movie when it hits theatres soon?

http://www.sonypictures.com/movies/t...etonofcadavra/

Click and watch the preview

mdc3000 01-24-04 01:42 PM

i usually like these "B" type 50's horror movie homage, but this looks terrible. I proably won't be seeing it.

MATT

El-Kabong 01-24-04 01:53 PM

Hell yeah! I'm so there!

Supermallet 01-24-04 05:29 PM

Eh. I've seen the trailers for it a few times, and it got less funny each time. The best part was still "Is that one of your earth jokes?"

vedderstapp 01-25-04 02:51 PM

This stinks of studios to me.

Its the Blair Witch syndrome, they're trying to push some piece of trash hard, so that it makes as much money as possible, instead of burying a movie that looks like Ed Wood rose from the dead and directed.

monkeyboy 02-06-04 10:44 PM

I'll check it out when it come to my revival theater. They showed the trailer a few months ago and it was getting a lot of laughs. I wonder how long it takes for the cheese to wear off. Hopefully it's less than 90 minutes.

Groucho 02-06-04 10:50 PM

I'd rather watch an actual bad movie, than a movie that fakes it.

Jackskeleton 02-06-04 11:55 PM

I must concur. I would rather watch an actual bad one. these usually fall short at even being BAD funny.

Geofferson 03-12-04 03:22 PM

This opened up today - who's going to go see it?

Neeb 03-12-04 04:40 PM

I've seen it. Imagine "Far From Heaven" as inspired by Ed Wood instead of Douglas Sirk. While hardly Earth-shattering film making, it's a good way to kill 90 minutes or so.

scott shelton 03-13-04 12:09 AM

I'm not being dramatic when I say it's one of the worst films I have ever seen.

Within 5 minutes of it starting, I wanted to go home.

Parody is the La-Z-Boy of cinema, and this film is the bottom of the barrel. Not one laugh, just one long self-referential joke. Yuck.

Both ED WOOD and the continual brilliance of MST3K beat this film to the punch years ago.

Matthew Chmiel 03-13-04 02:17 AM

Holy shit!

HOLY SHIT!

Scott Shelton and I agree on a movie being total shit!

As I posted on HTF earlier today in the 2004 Film List:

"The Lost Skeleton of Cadavra is the worst film of 2004. It's an uninspired piece of shit. The film intentionally tries to be unintentionally funny, but it does not work at all. I did not laugh once during the film, nor did I find the 90 minute train wreck entertaining at all. How the **** a mainstream studio (TriStar) released this garbage is beyond me. The film looks like it was made for $20 using my Panasonic MiniDV camera in my backyard no less. Complete and total shit. A waste of my 90 minutes. May anyone who is associated with that film burn in hell. If you go see the film, right when you leave the theater, an usher should punch you right in the face for spending $6 to see it. I wish an usher did that to me after I walked out."

TomOpus 03-13-04 09:53 AM

After watching the trailer... and reading these comments... sounds like the best thing about the movie IS the trailer.

Troy Stiffler 03-13-04 10:08 AM

Originally posted by scott shelton
Both ED WOOD and the continual brilliance of MST3K beat this film to the punch years ago.
There's a bid difference between the two. This is much more MST3K. Ed Wood tried his best, and really thought he was making good movies.

To do this right, the producer should have gotten really, really bad actors, and the project should have been taken seriously. But it's obvious that everyone in the movie was self-aware and just 'messing around'.

scott shelton 03-13-04 10:34 AM

Originally posted by troystiffler
There's a bid difference between the two. This is much more MST3K. Ed Wood tried his best, and really thought he was making good movies.

To do this right, the producer should have gotten really, really bad actors, and the project should have been taken seriously. But it's obvious that everyone in the movie was self-aware and just 'messing around'.

I meant ED WOOD the movie. That picked on the low-tech quality of the period films, but never humiliated them. Same with MST3K.

SKELETON humiliates the films.

Trigger 03-13-04 04:27 PM

Originally posted by TomOpus
After watching the trailer... and reading these comments... sounds like the best thing about the movie IS the trailer.
Yeah - as I watched the trailer just now, I thought that they should just leave it at that and walk away, but no - they had to make a whole movie out of it and subject people to it. :)