DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   Movie Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/movie-talk-17/)
-   -   Help me ID this movie (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/movie-talk/343038-help-me-id-movie.html)

speedyray 01-23-04 04:15 PM

Help me ID this movie

There is a movie I am trying to remember the name of, but I can't.

I was in middle school when I saw it on tv. So it is from the 80s.

What I remember.

Based around high school kids learning to drive in summer drivers education.

One of the characters is trying to get the girl and steals a wrecker, I think from his dad's lot.

Seems like one of them had a pretty bad wreck.

Well, thats all the details I can remember. For some reason this movie gets in my head from time to time and I would like to exorcise the demon by getting the movie, watching it, and most likely realizing it is horrible, then forgeting it for good.

Thanks for any help.

Groucho 01-23-04 04:16 PM

License to Drive with the Coreys and Heather Graham?

speedyray 01-23-04 04:21 PM

Originally posted by Grouch094820 & 5/17
License to Drive with the Coreys and Heather Graham?
No, I actually sought out this one as well, but this was a different movie. I liked License to Drive and I am currently looking for a copy of it as well. I don't think it is on DVD so I was going to grab a LaserDisc of it.

Nuff 01-23-04 04:39 PM

Moving Violations?

Star Wars Guy 01-23-04 06:06 PM

Originally posted by Nuff
Moving Violations?
Naw, that's adults in traffic school.

speedyray 01-23-04 06:46 PM

Originally posted by Nuff
Moving Violations?
No like was mentioned that is not it, but I remember that movie. May have to watch it as well. Thanks for the help so far, I looked pretty extensively before I asked because I figured it was pretty obscure.

shawagg 01-23-04 07:07 PM

which movie was it that had a brother and sister taking a dmv test?

I remember they were taking it on a computer and the brother failed but the computers crash just as he fails so he gets to keep going.

Also I remember something about the behind the wheel test. The instucter has a coffe cup and he tells the guy that if he makes it through the test without spilling the coffee he passes. Then at the very end he stops short or something and the cup comes flying off the dashboard. But it was empty so he didn't spill any coffee and so he passed.

As I write this I'm thinking it may have been from the short lived Feries Buller tv show (which debuted the same day as Fresh Prince) but it seems too elabourate for a 25 min show.

Anyone remember anything?

Obey The D 01-23-04 07:48 PM

Originally posted by shawagg
which movie was it that had a brother and sister taking a dmv test?

I remember they were taking it on a computer and the brother failed but the computers crash just as he fails so he gets to keep going.

Also I remember something about the behind the wheel test. The instucter has a coffe cup and he tells the guy that if he makes it through the test without spilling the coffee he passes. Then at the very end he stops short or something and the cup comes flying off the dashboard. But it was empty so he didn't spill any coffee and so he passed.

As I write this I'm thinking it may have been from the short lived Feries Buller tv show (which debuted the same day as Fresh Prince) but it seems too elabourate for a 25 min show.

Anyone remember anything?

It's License to Drive

ProjectMayhem 01-23-04 09:12 PM

Wow, before I clicked this thread... I was thinking of the coffee cup scene... and wanting to know what movie it was. Now I know the answer... and am a little freaked out. :)

Pac-Rat 01-25-04 12:37 AM

Could it be Crash Course ?

speedyray 01-25-04 08:39 AM

Originally posted by Pac-Rat
Could it be Crash Course ?
Dang, that's it. I was thinking Alyssa Milano was in it. Well, now I know what it is at least. It's a tv movie so it may be next to impossible to find.

Thanks alot to everyone that helped out and thanks for finding the movie Pac-Rat.

LasVegasMichael 01-25-04 10:13 AM

I remember that movie well. I taped it back in the day, and usedto rewatch it all the time. I wish I knew where the tape was! Probably somewhere at my parents house.

Some very funny scenes from that movie, and a conglomeration of other sitcom stars (all from memory)

Charles Robinson from Night Court
Milano: Who's the boss.
The guy from Mr. Belvedere
Tina Yothers: Family Ties
Jacke from 227
The asian guy is now on Law and Order.
No to mention Harvey Korman

Remember the darts that Jacke would should at the teacher?]

Great quote:

"You kids have it made . I had to learn how to drive in an old Mercedes 300SL. Didn't even have cruise control."

"Wow. No cruise control? Dad, you really had it rough."

Great movie!

--LVM