DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   Movie Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/movie-talk-17/)
-   -   The Day After Tomorrow (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/movie-talk/342724-day-after-tomorrow.html)

Scot1458 01-22-04 08:50 AM

The Day After Tomorrow

Just saw this trailer last night...looks pretty damn cool! Better twisters than in TWISTER from 96 or so.

What's the word?

balancer 01-22-04 08:54 AM

No word yet, it's too early. But I'm sure it will get written off immediately by many on this board. I liked the trailer a lot, and have always had a weakness for a good 'disaster' movie, so I'll probably be seeing it. That tidal wave that dwarfs Manhattan looks awesome!

necros 01-22-04 09:42 AM

I'm lookin forward to it mostly because my cousin worked on some of the special effects for it and she got to meet Dennis Quaid :) But yeah it does look good. I loved Independance Day and this is made by the same folks that made that.

Geofferson 01-22-04 09:51 AM

Cool trailer, IMO. I'm looking forward to seeing this one.

raven56706 01-22-04 11:49 AM

looking forward too it..... Looks cool......

Disaster films are always interesting...

Except the Core.....

fumanstan 01-22-04 12:22 PM

Looking forward to it too. I've enjoyed Roland Emmerich's work in the past.

Achtung 01-22-04 12:24 PM

As long as they don't somehow "cure" the ice age at the end, it might be decent.

Scot1458 01-22-04 01:05 PM

I mean I know it's CGI (I'm Mr. Anti-CGI in another life) but it did look pretty cool. The shot of the mulitple funnels had my mouth wide open.

Giles 01-22-04 01:18 PM

Originally posted by Scot1458
The shot of the mulitple funnels had my mouth wide open.
I agree, I have reoccuring nightmares of tornados and tidal waves(go figure, guess I have some deep untapped fear of them), and it looked simply astonding. Mass destruction in film is amazing, but for some reason I am getting more disturbed by it, all those fictional lives just dying in the blink of an eye. I am suing them, they extracted my nightmares from my head and blown them up to 35mm film.

SirPablo 01-22-04 01:20 PM

It's unrealistic though...you can't have that many strong tornadoes so close together! It physically cannot happen.

Otherwise it looks really cool.

Scot1458 01-22-04 01:42 PM

Originally posted by Giles
I agree, I have reoccuring nightmares of tornados and tidal waves(go figure, guess I have some deep untapped fear of them),
Me too! I love them and yet I have had a few dreams where there are three on the horizon in a servre Thunderstorm, and it's a combination of complete horror and complete beauty.

That is why when I saw that shot I was like "Holy ****". And X-Men doesn't count.

We share a similar pyshce! :up:

Scot1458 01-22-04 01:43 PM

Originally posted by SirPablo
It's unrealistic though...you can't have that many strong tornadoes so close together! It physically cannot happen.

Otherwise it looks really cool.

Yes you can. See Oklahoma City..... 1999 I think.

Giles 01-22-04 01:48 PM

Originally posted by Scot1458
Me too! I love them and yet I have had a few dreams where there are three on the horizon in a servre Thunderstorm, and it's a combination of complete horror and complete beauty.

That is why when I saw that shot I was like "Holy ****". And X-Men doesn't count.

We share a similar pyshce! :up:

when I first saw the trailer, I was in complete shock, literally the hairs on my neck stood straight up. My reaction wasn't a wow, but "oh my god" (hands over mouth - shudder, shudder, sob). It's a powerful frightening trailer, that really disturbed me on a lot of levels. I am to assume though that the final cut of the film will not be as powerful as the trailer.

jaeufraser 01-22-04 01:56 PM

Originally posted by Achtung
As long as they don't somehow "cure" the ice age at the end, it might be decent.
Actually, I heard Dennis Quaid uses his Mac and uploads a virus into the ice...completely melting it all and saving the earth.

Nonetheless, I'm interested in this movie...could be good...could be bland...special effects bound to be solid though.

BlackBeauty92 01-22-04 02:48 PM

shieet, i thought you were talking about another James Bond movie....

:D

Corvin 01-22-04 05:31 PM

Originally posted by Giles
when I first saw the trailer, I was in complete shock, literally the hairs on my neck stood straight up. My reaction wasn't a wow, but "oh my god"...It's a powerful frightening trailer, that really disturbed me on a lot of levels. I am to assume though that the final cut of the film will not be as powerful as the trailer.
Well said. Definitely looking forward to this one.