Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Movie Talk
Reload this Page >

Alien 5: What would you want to happen?

Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

Alien 5: What would you want to happen?

Old 01-16-04, 09:29 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Aliens vs Space Marines in Nam !!

Woot Woot !
Old 01-16-04, 04:34 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 195 Likes on 151 Posts
Either make one with a decent director, or end this damn series right now.

I was really kind of interested in AvP until I heard Mr. Videogame himself was directing it. On top of that, I learned that it would be a prequel to both of the original movie series, which kind of put me off as I think someone from the old series encountering the two races duking it out would lend a better sense of credibility. (Lance Henriksen doesn't count, as he is not playing Bishop in the new movie.)
Old 01-16-04, 11:36 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Cannibalising Alien and an end to it...
Old 01-16-04, 11:53 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Originally posted by Grouch094820 & 5/17
Scene 1: Ripley wakes up from a horrible dream (Alien 3 and Alien: Resurrection).

Roll Opening Credits

"Directed by James Cameron"
I like it, I like it a lot.

If that can't be it, I just kind of wish they would all come to their senses and NOT DO IT. This series isn't necessarily crying out for more, at least not to me. Besides, after Alien: Resurrection, I am literally scared of more sequels. Just say no.
Old 01-17-04, 02:46 AM
Suspended

Originally posted by Grouch094820 & 5/17
"Directed by James Cameron"
Although I'd be happy with Scott, too. Either one works for me.
Old 01-17-04, 02:55 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

aliens is like megaman, you can never have too much. Im all for Aliens 5... I dont like the idea of aliens on earth though, maybe aliens taking over a massive space station in earth orbit with the potential to get down to the surface etc... or an alien homeworld visit... could be cool. Whatever happens though, i want cameron involved and marines present.

j
Old 01-17-04, 03:50 AM

They need to put this film into good hands. Jeunet was an interesting choice for the last movie, but it turned out to be a bad choice. Never hire a director for an alien flick who says he doesn't know how to make a horror movie. Oh, and never hire Joss Whedon to write again. Does anyone know what his complaints against Resurrection were? Watching the movie, it had two major problems...direction that really didn't work for an Alien movie, and it's biggest problem: a bad script. I've seen Whedon's script...it seems to be right in line with that, save for some bad dialogue that didn't make it into the film. Yet he's angry about how the movie was made? His script was bad! bad story, no plot, and a line saying Wal-Mart bought Weyland Yutani.

No, they need to put this into the hands of Scott and Cameron. A collaboration between the two would be awesome. Though the whole dream idea...sorry don't like it. It's lame, and the conceit that Ripley and Hicks will be buddies or married 20 years down the line...baaahh that sounds pretty bad. I say ditch Ripley and find a new direction to take the series.
Old 01-17-04, 11:03 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally posted by jaeufraser
Oh, and never hire Joss Whedon to write again.
To be fair, where could he really go with the plot after Alien 3? I think the "Newborn" was pretty lame, but if Weaver was to reprise her role (and everyone somehow felt it was essential she did this for some reason), she had to be cloned. Why would they clone her? I think the movie illustrates the only reason they would. Beyond that, I guess the plot could have gone somewhere else, but really, that's like the first half of the movie.

Although I would never buy either, I think Resurrection is a better movie than 3 (which should have never been permitted to be made). The underwater scene alone in Resurrection is incredibly awesome.
Old 01-17-04, 12:29 PM
Suspended

Originally posted by jaeufraser
Oh, and never hire Joss Whedon to write again. Does anyone know what his complaints against Resurrection were? Watching the movie, it had two major problems...direction that really didn't work for an Alien movie, and it's biggest problem: a bad script. I've seen Whedon's script...it seems to be right in line with that, save for some bad dialogue that didn't make it into the film. Yet he's angry about how the movie was made? His script was bad! bad story, no plot, and a line saying Wal-Mart bought Weyland Yutani.
I was amazed - I didnt know he was connected to Alien 4 until I got the boxed set. It's stunning how Whedon can be so hot or cold - Buffy (the movie) sucked ass, Alien 4 sucked major ass, but the 4 years of Buffy (the show) that I've seen were pretty damn good.

It's like he has multiple personality disorder or something.
Old 01-17-04, 02:00 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

At one point, there was a pretty strong rumor that Ridley Scott and James Cameron wanted to collaborate (or were at least in talks to collaborate) on a new Alien film, but then Alien vs. Predator got greenlit. Who knows...But from the information that I've read, Lance Henrickson does play a character referenced in all of the Alien films (I don't want to give it away to those who don't want to know, but the information is readily available to those who do). I think that the most interesting idea would be to have some sort of prequel to show how the Aliens (and the infamous Space Jockey) got to the planet, but in a way, I like the whole origin being mysterious and don't want to know...I'm not exactly waiting on pins and needles for Aliens Vs. Predator, but I'm sure that I'll be there when it opens.
Old 10-18-04, 09:10 AM
ruk
DVD Talk Special Edition

this is rediculous- first ruining the AVP franchise now this:

from dark horizons

UK Teletext reports that British director Paul W. S. Anderson ("Alien vs. Predator", "Resident Evil") is to write the sixth movie in the "Alien" franchise, according to sources close to the film maker.

Newcastle-born Anderson, 39, has apparently been asked by Twentieth Century Fox to pen a new script featuring the creatures on their own (ie. no Predators). Whether that includes the return of Ellen Ripley (Sigourney Weaver) however is unknown.

The offer for the moment is simply to pen the script, not to direct as such although that may happen thanks to the success of AVP.

Thanks to 'Victor'.
Old 10-18-04, 09:25 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Dear God, no. AVP was the disaster I (as well as thousands of fans) feared it would be. I don't think Sigourney Weaver would be a part of this if you paid her double her going rate (well, maybe if they doubled it) after she pretty much slammed AVP in the press.
Old 10-18-04, 09:34 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

No Sigourney Weaver ! Its her fault Newt and Hicks were killed off for 3. In one of the features of the Quadrilogy it was basically said that she felt Ripley worked better as a loner so they killed off Newt and Hicks to apease her. I would have prefered the original plan of continuing the series with Hicks.
Old 10-18-04, 10:02 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Not Paul W. S. Anderson. ANYONE but him. Cameron and Scott have both at one time or another shown interest in doing another Alien film. For the love of all that's good and pure in the world - GIVE IT TO THEM!!!
Old 10-18-04, 10:56 AM

Received 90 Likes on 76 Posts
Old 10-18-04, 02:40 PM

Yeah, please please please no PWSA. Anybody but him...just anybody. I mean does Fox not even look at the movie he made and the huge weekend drops? He showed the franchises still have commercial viability...so get rid of him, he's talentless!

And yeah, let's dump the Ripley character too. Actually, Whedon messed things up in part 4 also by ending the company. You have to have Weyland Yutani also. Geesh, things have gotten so screwed up.
Old 10-18-04, 03:54 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Location: City of the lakers.. riots.. and drug dealing cops.. los(t) Angel(e)s. ca.
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Oh for fucks sake. I'm going to go around the offices and find out who green lighted this and kick there heads in!

GAAAAAAHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!

someone must DIE!
Old 10-19-04, 03:56 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally posted by cactusoly
No Sigourney Weaver ! Its her fault Newt and Hicks were killed off for 3. In one of the features of the Quadrilogy it was basically said that she felt Ripley worked better as a loner so they killed off Newt and Hicks to apease her.

WHAT?

buh...uh...oh...fff...uh...gah...grrr.

DAMN HER TO THE BLOODY BOWELS OF HELL!!
Old 10-20-04, 03:33 AM

Alien Farm, a sort of dairy type factory where robots are used as fake human hosts and the aliens are grown and harvested for that nasty acid blood. Corporation that own factory goes belly up and somebody cuts the power, then a few days later some bean counters wander in to take inventory .... Lightly armed citizens of farm colony near the factory now have to deal with the menace.

Ancient Aliens, knights vs the not nices.