Community
Search
Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

The Transporter 2

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-05, 07:32 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I thought the first was great martial art sequences and everything inbetween sucked. So I guess thats what this will be.
Old 07-10-05, 08:17 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

if the 2nd is anything like the 1st then it will ROCK!
Old 07-11-05, 03:15 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by jaeufraser
Honestly, for some action movies, that is what I WANT to see. Realism has its benefits, but sometimes I just want to see some mass carnage. And I'm willing to suspend my disbelief to see it. So bring this movie on...

Which is why i like this movie.

I wouldn't really believe Arnold could take out 300 guys much the same way i wouldn't buy Jet Li flying in the air....but i cut both slack because i loves me action movies.
Old 07-12-05, 01:16 AM

I'd never seen The Transporter...but I saw the trailer for the sequel today and that prompted me to rent it. I like the whole "rescue the girl" story line...it makes the protagonist more sympathetic. I'll be there for the sequel.
Old 09-02-05, 01:52 PM

Received 99 Likes on 82 Posts
Roger Ebert's 3-star review here. Much better than I expected.
Old 09-02-05, 02:04 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 625 Likes on 482 Posts
I'm going to see this today. I hope I enjoy this as much, if not more, than the first.
Old 09-02-05, 02:52 PM

Received 99 Likes on 82 Posts
I've talked w/ a couple people who have seen it and both liked it better than the first, which is a good sign.
Old 09-02-05, 03:09 PM
Needs to contact an admin about multiple accounts

"[Transporter 2] is for the most part exciting and very watchable, as is Statham, an understated hero who looks good in black."
-- Tim Cogshell, BOXOFFICE MAGAZINE

"If you can make the leap alongside Besson’s limitless imagination, this sequel tops the original"
-- Brian Orndorf, EFILMCRITIC.COM

"While we wait for a new Bond, Jason Statham's taciturn Frank Martin is filling in nicely."
-- Frank Scheck, HOLLYWOOD REPORTER

"It's brainless, high-speed, popcorn fun."
-- Robert K. Elder, CHICAGO TRIBUNE
Old 09-02-05, 05:40 PM

As a fan of the first film I knocked off work an hour early to check out the matinee. Overall, I was satisfied.

Yes, the movie does go a little over the deep end with its action sequences, but its all in good fun. Jason Statham also looks alot more convincing in his fight sequences as well.

The movie delivers exactly what the trailer advertised, and thats good mindless fun.
Old 09-02-05, 09:07 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I wasn't impressed at all. I liked the first one, but thought the second was good brainless fun minus the good and fun part. The first fight scene was pretty cool in the parking garage, but after that it was just kind of ridiculous.
Old 09-02-05, 09:53 PM

This movie was a lot of fun and the action sequences were awesome, a great way to end out the summer movie season!
Old 09-02-05, 10:31 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts
I heard Steven Hunter descibe the movie's action as unbelievable (but fun).
Then Ebert's review is labeled as ...wonderfully absurb"

The action is indeed that one step beyond what even is plausable...but you just accept that this character in this world is bad ass enough to do that cool ass shit (that though impossible) he does.

The effects work on these impossible stunts isn't what we would call "transparent", but who cares cause I was having to much fun to care. Here's hoping enough people show up to give us another Driver story.
Old 09-03-05, 12:31 AM
DVD Talk Hero

I really loved it! Ebert's review is on the money. It's absurd, ridiculous, and impossible but it works. And I love the look on Jason's face during the final shot. I hope they make a third and that it's even better.
Old 09-03-05, 01:43 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I saw it last night and I'm hoping it does well at the box office so we'll see this become at least a trilogy. This movie was WAY over the top, in a few places it was 'Die Another Day ridiculous type' over the top.
I liked it and the action sequences are great, but this movie has a much different feel to me in comparison to the first one. Statham definitely owns this role; should be one hell of a fun movie to own on DVD for those with home theater setups.

Last edited by nightmaster; 09-03-05 at 01:45 PM.
Old 09-04-05, 05:05 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

The Fight scenes are Choreography were freaking awesome.. The effects though, most of the time were so generic and unbelieveable that they were laughable
Spoiler:
During the part where he gets the bomb off the bottom of his car with the hook on the crane the whole audience laughed at how stupid and unbelieveable that was. Not to mention the Supercar who can run through a 2 foot block of concrete, land on a building 200 feet away 6 floors down and not have 1 scratch on it.
Old 09-04-05, 12:10 PM

Is no one mentioning some of the terrible dialougue.
I almost fell out of my seat a few times.

Still good action though.
Old 09-04-05, 04:05 PM

Just like everyone else so far I enjoyed the first as a popcorn, fun, action flick and Statham and Besson don't dissapoint the second time around. It was over the top and a overall fun ride. Like said before, let's go ahead and make a trilogy of the series. This will be a great addition to the collection for those days when your looking to just have a laugh or two and watch some ass kicking. Statham has a screen presence for these types of action movies so here's to seeing him again in some good ole Action flicks.
Old 09-04-05, 04:24 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

The first one was enjoyable, though hardly some cinematic peak. Sadly, this sequel was unquestionably one of the worst follow-ups I've ever seen. Statham was the only redeeming factor here; if not for him, it would've been a complete and utter waste (and I had a free ticket!). The stunts were so unbelievably, absurdly over the top that it practically bests the most whacked-out Bond flick, the dialougue was atrocious, and Jesus, what was with the CG? Awful awful movie. I can't believe Leternier and Besson were actually involved with this joke, particularly after Danny the Dog's surprising quality.
Old 09-04-05, 05:12 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Well I went to see it again today. Glad to say that it definitely holds up to repeat viewings. It's a great fun ride and I hope they make at least one more.

On both occasions that I saw this film the audience was loving every minute of it. I think this film may have legs in the box office.
Old 09-05-05, 10:50 AM

I liked it.

I would say the action was better than the first and that scene with the water hose is among the best put together fightscenes I've seen in the last ten years.
Old 09-05-05, 09:40 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Of two minds

Heya,

Saw T2 friday... Am of two minds. When the movie stayed on the ground, it was fine. But when it went into the air... ugh. The air effects were low rate at best... For example
Spoiler:
- saw Sahara - helicopter explosion looked pretty darn good - Transporter 2 - really bad, why even have the scene..

Also, the last 15 minutes were just bad writing -
Spoiler:
Build up the lead bad guy with the cool sparring scene and then waste him in a spinning aircraft? ... come on... inject himself w all the antidote? ... whatever for... gah!
- end at the firehose fight...

Ciao,
Smithsguy
Old 09-06-05, 12:14 AM
Banned

i'm glad to see the movie did well but i will have to agree with those who thought the movie was one of the most ridiculous things i've ever seen; this really pushed it; i realize it's a movie but some of this stuff was so over the top it made michael bay stuff look like documentary. the first one was better in my opinion. nothing really gave me any edge of your seat thrills in this one, it was very by the book.

anyways, i hope this means another sequel and more roles for jason statham, mindless action is always ok in my book.
Old 09-10-05, 05:42 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 243 Likes on 178 Posts
Aside from the utterly rediculous stuff like
Spoiler:
the part where he got the bomb off the car and him dodging bullets in the hallway,etc.
, i did enjoy part 2. The first one was much better though.
Old 09-11-05, 01:01 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by Maxflier
Aside from the utterly rediculous stuff like
Spoiler:
the part where he got the bomb off the car and him dodging bullets in the hallway,etc.
, i did enjoy part 2. The first one was much better though.
Spoiler:
Don't forget the Driving through a 3 foot thick concrete barrier off of a building and landing in a building 5 floors down and 200 or so feet away. The car not only runs but doens't have 1 damn scratch
Old 09-11-05, 06:29 AM

Nice, escapist fun! I rate it slightly higher than the original.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.