Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Movie Talk
Reload this Page >

Need help naming this 80's movie

Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

Old 01-09-04, 12:31 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have got this movie in my mind, it is one I always used to catch on HBO during the afternoon after school...
The movie is about a young couple about to get married
The male goes out to buy a replica LAMBOURGHINI type car
The car turns out to be a lemon...
The man hooks up with some hot blonde that works for the company the night before his wedding as he wonders about his future bride...

Any help would be appreciated on this matter... there were no big stars in it that I can remember... I am stumped as to the name of this movie
Old 01-09-04, 01:23 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I knew exactly what movie you were talking about but couldn't think of the title or star. But that is nothing with the miracle of the internet.

It Takes Two

aka My New Car

IMDB

I found it via THIS post by searching google groups for "lamborghini married movie". The post is an interesting read about the cars used on the movie.

Edit: I forgot to say, you might recognize the groom in this movie from Father of the Bride, he plays the groom in it too.

The bride's IMDB filmography is pretty long. It looks like she has worked fairly steady since the mid-80's. The only role I remember her from is the female lead in Men At Work.

Last edited by wmansir; 01-09-04 at 01:50 PM.