DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   Movie Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/movie-talk-17/)
-   -   Help, can't remember title of movie (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/movie-talk/340177-help-cant-remember-title-movie.html)

rushmore223 01-09-04 12:16 PM

Help, can't remember title of movie

Ok, now this was just released a year or two ago.

In it some guy got bit by a spider, made him really strong.

Then he caused his uncles death.

He started wearing tights and shooting stuff from his wrists...web like stuff.

The he started climbing walls like a spider.

Fought Willem Dafoe, who went crazy cause he didnt like mirrors.

anyone see this thing?

If you can help me with this one, maybe you can help me with this other movie that has these midgets trying to destroy some gold jewelery. A wedding ring or something.

Spoiler:
I'm just a little bored Is it possible to threadcrap a thread you started?

marty888 01-09-04 12:21 PM

I guess this senior member has Alzheimer's .... I'd answer, but he probably already forgot that he asked a question.

neiname 01-09-04 12:24 PM

Spider-Man and the other is Lord of the Rings

bodhi1213 01-09-04 12:25 PM

Do you remember what kind of spider it was?

As for the second one, it sounds like Lord Of The Rings. Only I don't think it was a wedding ring.

rushmore223 01-09-04 12:29 PM

Originally posted by bodhi1213
Do you remember what kind of spider it was?

As for the second one, it sounds like Lord Of The Rings. Only I don't think it was a wedding ring.

Was a radioactive spider!

Lord of the what?

neiname 01-09-04 12:29 PM

Maybe you should check www.ibtl.com for more info

bodhi1213 01-09-04 12:33 PM

Originally posted by rushmore223
Was a radioactive spider!

Lord of the what?

If it was radioactive then I'm almost positive it is Spiderman.

Lord of the Rings! It came out a couple of years ago.

garolo 01-09-04 12:56 PM

Radioactivity? It's definitely The Hulk.

If you can help me with this one, maybe you can help me with this other movie that has these midgets trying to destroy some gold jewelery.
Gold(berg) Jewry then it must be The Hebrew Hammer.
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0317640/

Charlie Goose 01-09-04 01:39 PM

I think the first one might've starred Freddie Prinze Jr., but I'm not sure.

UncleGramps 01-09-04 02:03 PM

Did the spider-fellow have a sassy black woman as a sidekick? If so, it sounds like a movie I saw a few years ago. I like the part when he thwarts some jewel thieves, and his sidekick sees the jewels and turns to the camera and her eyes get real wide and she goes "Bling bling!" and they all laugh. I thought their talking pet turtle was a little over-the-top and unnecessary, though, and it was so obviously done with CG effects. Where am I?

Numanoid 01-09-04 02:03 PM

Originally posted by bodhi1213
If it was radioactive then I'm almost positive it is Spiderman.

Lord of the Rings! It came out a couple of years ago.

:lol: I never thought for a moment that this thread could possibly go anywhere...then you get this. There's one born every minute.

garolo 01-09-04 03:41 PM

Originally posted by Numanoid
:lol: I never thought for a moment that this thread could possibly go anywhere...then you get this. There's one born every minute.
Kind of reminds you of the 'fish' scene in Shawshank. :D

bodhi1213 01-09-04 07:19 PM

Originally posted by Charlie Goose
I think the first one might've starred Freddie Prinze Jr., but I'm not sure.
There was a King in the second one but I don't remember any
Prince in the first, Jr or otherwise.

Buford T Pusser 01-09-04 08:30 PM

hmmm

chanster 01-09-04 08:32 PM

Here is an idea. I am headed out drinking right now at the local pub and hope to get drunk and meet some ladies. If you are still posting this drivel by the time I get back, I'll give you my gun and you can rent a bullet.

rushmore223 01-09-04 10:31 PM

Originally posted by chanster
Here is an idea. I am headed out drinking right now at the local pub and hope to get drunk and meet some ladies. If you are still posting this drivel by the time I get back, I'll give you my gun and you can rent a bullet.
Hey thats great, good luck out there.

As for me, I'm going to spend the evening with my wife and watch Cathouse 2 on HBO. ;)

Better keep the gun for yourself, ya know, just in case you have no luck with those ladies.

cruzness 01-09-04 11:14 PM

Spider? Man, Maybe you mean eight legged freaks. Except it wasn't Freddy Prince. It was that guy from the 1800 COLLECT commercails who's married to Monica from Friends...............what's his name ?.....................CarrotTop

Rings? That second one was Time Bandits. And they wanted to steal anything they could get their grubby little paws on. Midgets are fun.

MrN 01-10-04 12:15 AM

There seem to be a lot of spiders in the first one - is it Arachnaphobia?

The second one - a midget with a ring - sounds like Ron Jeremy. Sorry can't narrow it down any further.