Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Movie Talk
Reload this Page >

Who got their name at the end of the credits for TT or FOTR?

Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

Old 12-23-03, 01:13 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I was rewatching the extended editions of the first two movies this weekend and finished FOTR and still had about 27 minutes left at the start of the credits, so I fast forwarded through and then I remembered seeing a thread talking about buying a spot for your name at the end of the credits. Anyone here have their name listed?
Old 12-23-03, 02:31 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Didn't it list all the LOTR Fan Club members or something like that? I don't remember this thread, but odds are people were joining the club before the DVD was made to get in. And most likley, you had to pay to get into the club. Hence, buying a spot.
Old 12-23-03, 05:46 PM

I didn't pay anything -- but get this! Someone with my name did!

I don't go by my first name (it's my dad's), but I do go by a shortened version of my middle name.

And whoever paid the money to have their name thrown on the EE's has my shortened middle name and my last name!

So, for all intents and purposes, I got my name on there for free. Wonder what would've happened if I -DID- pay for it, and so did the other guy...
Old 12-24-03, 09:19 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
If you want to give your eyes a workout, look to see which LOTR cast members are listed amongst the fan club members.
Old 12-26-03, 04:07 AM
TCG
DVD Talk Special Edition

^^
I saw Cate Blanchett and Orlando Bloom, among others on the list.
Old 12-28-03, 12:46 AM
Suspended

Location: You have moved into a dark place. It is pitch black. You are likely to be eaten by a grue.
Is it too late to get your name in the Return of the King DVD? That would be pretty sweet. I think I remember the fan club membership being like $150 or something. It might be worth it.