DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   Movie Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/movie-talk-17/)
-   -   Star Wars EpIII after RotK??? (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/movie-talk/336759-star-wars-epiii-after-rotk.html)

isamu 12-19-03 10:52 PM

Star Wars EpIII after RotK???

My friend told me today that he read on another forum that some IMAX theaters are showing, after the ending credits to RotK, an exclusive secret trailer for SW EpIII, where they actually show Anakin donning the DV mask for the first time!

Can *anyone* confirm this?

Seeker 12-19-03 11:46 PM

huh?

Get Me Coffee 12-20-03 12:01 AM

Have you been smokin' pipe weed?

Rivero 12-20-03 01:04 AM

Re: Star Wars EpIII after RotK???

Originally posted by isamu
My friend told me today that he read on another forum that some IMAX theaters are showing, after the ending credits to RotK, an exclusive secret trailer for SW EpIII, where they actually show Anakin donning the DV mask for the first time!

Can *anyone* confirm this?

Yes, it is true. Your friend is not lying to you. I saw it myself tonight after my sold-out IMAX showing of King. Not only do they show Anakin with the Darth Vader mask but the trailer also shows TWO WHOLE MINUTES of the Anakin vs. Obi-Wan lightsabre duel atop this giant volcano. Looked fantastic. The trailer was only three minutes long but I counted at least 19 times when those damn red-code dots flashed onscreen.

Jason 12-20-03 10:19 AM

I thought that after ROTK was revealed as the triumph that it is, Luca$ would abandon Episode III altogether and throw himself in that volcano?

Moogz 12-20-03 06:24 PM

And here I thought this thread was gonna be all

"How can anyone still be anticipating Star Wars EpIII after RotK???"

wm lopez 12-20-03 09:27 PM

Or Lucas could say that Episodes 1 & 2 were just dreams.
As I was watching RETURN OF THE KING's battle scenes I couln't help but think of PHANTOM MENACE's battle scenes.
I wonder if Luca's is wondering "dang I should have not put the Jar-Jar comedy bits in the battle scenes."

necros 12-20-03 09:37 PM

No, cuz Jar Jar = Toys and Toys = more money. that's all Star Wars is to him nowadays...

scroll2b 12-20-03 11:50 PM

BULLSHIT! LOTR-ROTK is not showing at IMAX! RIGHT??????

Jackskeleton 12-20-03 11:51 PM

sounds like orc mischief...

tanman 12-21-03 12:26 AM

Originally posted by scroll2b
BULLSHIT! LOTR-ROTK is not showing at IMAX! RIGHT??????
That's what I'm screamin' here!

Oh darn, guess I better watch it again.

Tom Banjo 12-21-03 08:28 AM

Jesus, for a second I thought that the thread title meant that Peter Jackson had signed on to direct Ep. III.

wm lopez 12-21-03 03:57 PM

Can you imagine how different Stars wars Episode 1&2 would have been under Peter Jackson?

rushmore223 12-21-03 04:32 PM

STAR WARS EP. 3 trailer, is this some kind of joke?

I went and saw the IMAX ROTK last night, if there was a secret trailer at the end, then NOBODY knew about it. My wife and I were the last to leave and we left before the credits had ended.

Terrell 12-21-03 06:41 PM

Can you imagine how different Stars wars Episode 1&2 would have been under Peter Jackson?
No thanks, because they wouldn't even look or feel like Star Wars films. I'd take a weak Star Wars film over a great Star Wars film, that resembles nothing of the franchise.

By the way, the Episode III trailer is bullsh*t!!! It doesn't exist.