Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Movie Talk
Reload this Page >

Miramax is releasing Prozac nation straight to video

Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

Old 12-19-03, 06:06 PM
Needs to contact an admin about multiple accounts

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Release Date Notes: (4/1/02) Michael Fleming of Variety reports that this may now be released initially in late 2002, suggesting that the 1/24/03 date could be an expansion from a LA/NY release... hoping to be an Oscar contender? (5/17/02) This theory is given a bit of support by Miramax's moving of A View from the Top to that January 24th date, suggesting they're going to announce a new date for this. (7/12/02) Guess not, as Miramax has pushed this back two months, to March 14th. (3/10/03) Well, just four days before that release date, the news has hit the web that this movie won't be in theaters this Friday after all! There's no word about when it might be rescheduled. Given how long this film's been in the can now, I'm left wondering... might Miramax be sending it direct to cable or video? (3/15/03) Ummm... never mind that! Miramax has just moved this film back a few months, to June 6th. (5/27/03) Well, Miramax has done another last minute yank on this one. (6/1/03) Miramax is currently looking for a release date in the 4th quarter of 2003. I suspect it will end up being sometime in October. (7/28/03) This movie, which started filming in May, 2000 is now scheduled for release nearly four years later (sometime in April, 2004). (12/9/03) Miramax has completely removed this movie from their theatrical calendar. They will most likely be unveiling a video release date sometime in 2004.(12/9/03) Miramax has completely removed this movie from their theatrical calendar. They will most likely be unveiling a video release date sometime in 2004.

crap. Miramax is starting to piss me off. First with putting out the City of GOd dvd a year after it came out, not releasing the hilarious Shoalin Soccer, and now this.
Old 12-19-03, 10:22 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 33 Likes on 24 Posts
When you say they didn't release Shaolin Soccer, do you mean in theaters? I saw a trailer for it, and wanted to see it. Will it make it to DVD?
Old 12-20-03, 12:33 AM
Needs to contact an admin about multiple accounts

I dunno sunmonkey, hopefully.

There is bootlegs of it going around, but no word on an offical release. I saw the movie at a screening months ago.

Hilarious, hilarious film. HOpe they release it.
Old 12-20-03, 12:59 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 478 Likes on 314 Posts
I can't understand why this was delayed so much and is going completely to video (DVD?). There was quite a bit of popularity around the book, people I know who've seen it have told me it's a decent movie. And dosen't Christine get totally nekkid in it?

Then again, now that all the movie theaters in this crummy town have closed, I was only gonna be able to see it on video anyways.
Old 12-20-03, 02:50 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Harvey has to spend all his money and focus all of his attention on forcing Cold Mountain down the throats of Oscar voters. No time for ancillary projects.
Old 12-20-03, 03:00 PM
DRG
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally posted by Crocker Jarmen
And dosen't Christine get totally nekkid in it?
Which makes it all the more suitable for DVD.
Old 12-20-03, 06:06 PM
Banned

Originally posted by Crocker Jarmen
And dosen't Christine get totally nekkid in it?
Miramax is pretty smart they don't want any Pee-Wee incidents happening.
Old 12-20-03, 09:18 PM
Banned

Freeze Frame those boobies!
Old 12-20-03, 09:32 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Re: Miramax is releasing Prozac nation straight to video

Originally posted by whynotsmile
crap. Miramax is starting to piss me off. First with putting out the City of GOd dvd a year after it came out, not releasing the hilarious Shoalin Soccer, and now this.
don't forget Zhang Yimou's Hero. that is yet to be released in North America too.

i've seen Prozac Nation.. and it's a pretty decent flick. nothing spectacular though.