Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Movie Talk
Reload this Page >

Fellowship, the one to rule them all...

Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

Old 12-17-03, 06:28 PM
Inane Thread Master, 2018 TOTY

Received 904 Likes on 765 Posts

I just want to see who agrees that Fellowship has got to be the best of the bunch because of what it was and the impact it made.

It has to be Fellowship 1st.

That is where all the magic started. The other two movies just embellished to a further degree. Don't get me wrong they embellished it to a magnificent degree, but I just didn't feel the same way I did when seeing the latter two as I did with Fellow. It was fresh, new and it was amazing. Fellowship of the Ring was what movies are all about. It is the definition of a movie.

A wondorous story that transports you to another time and place. It had everything a movie is supposed to be about and then some. It was simply a pure movie in the truest sense of the word. The other two stories were extensions of such a fine story. It indulged, it grew and it wolloped with towering emotion. The other two were amazing movies as well, but the virgin magic that the first captured was gone and that cannot be gotten again.

Of course there was more and there was different and of course there was other emotion, but the granduer was tarnished and the breathtaking, emotional impact of the 1st. Two Towers was good, but I thought it lacked, thus I rank 3rd. Return of the King was great, maybe a little long, but emotional and powerful and wonderful and put 2nd in my list.

A great end to a great trilogy of movies, but for me Fellowship of the Ring has and will remain the one "movie" to rule them all.
Old 12-17-03, 06:35 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
your username is going to confuse the hell out of me.
Old 12-17-03, 06:55 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I did like fellowship more than two towers and can rewatch it more
I dont know yet about return of the king, gonna wait for the extended to decide

But I do agree fellowship is amazing, and my fav character is boromir in the movies (not books)