Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Movie Talk
Reload this Page >

Are there any LOTR: FOTR & TT summaries (video or text) online?

Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

Old 12-16-03, 06:06 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 68 Likes on 58 Posts

I'm taking my dad to see ROTK on the 24th. He's seen the last two, but he doesn't remember them that well. He refused to rewatch them (can't blame them, they're like 8 hours combined). Last year I felt really silly describing Fellowship to him, so I was wondering if there were any video summaries available on the web? I'm sure some LOTR geek has spliced clips together with narration to summarize the first two movies. I'd also settle for summaries in text form if anyone knows of them. Thanks!
Old 12-16-03, 06:38 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well, there's this one:

http://flyingmoose.org/tolksarc/homework.htm

But it's a little (well, OK, a lot) misleading.
Old 12-16-03, 06:40 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Cliffs Notes?

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg...books&n=507846
Old 12-16-03, 07:24 PM

Originally posted by Inverse
Well, there's this one:

http://flyingmoose.org/tolksarc/homework.htm

But it's a little (well, OK, a lot) misleading.
Are these intentionally wrong to try and trick people into using their summaries for book reports instead of the actual books? It's been a few years since I read the books, but I didn't think I had forgotten THAT much..........
Old 12-16-03, 08:37 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Well, it is 8 days until you are taking him to see it. Can't you get him to watch 1 hour a day? That would get him up to speed. If he can't remember any of it, and isn't interested in putting any effort into getting caught up, I'd suggest maybe finding someone else to take; he doesn't sound like he is that "into" the series.
Old 12-18-03, 02:56 PM

Originally posted by TheMadMonk
Well, it is 8 days until you are taking him to see it. Can't you get him to watch 1 hour a day? That would get him up to speed. If he can't remember any of it, and isn't interested in putting any effort into getting caught up, I'd suggest maybe finding someone else to take; he doesn't sound like he is that "into" the series.
It's a family thing. This isn't like taking some shmoe friend to the movies. I'm going with my family. And he's not going to watch the movies. I've tried. I can't say I blame him. And just because he doesn't want to spend 8 hours of his life rewatching movies he's already seen doesn't mean he's not "into" the series. You don't have to be obsessed to like something.

Anyway, I modified some book summaries and have a nice 10 page summary of the first two movies, complete with cast photos. If anyone's in a similar predicament, I'd be willing to post it. It's a Word document and it's about 350 kb.