DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   Movie Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/movie-talk-17/)
-   -   Prequel to Cube - Cube Zero (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/movie-talk/334543-prequel-cube-cube-zero.html)

zak52 12-08-03 07:06 PM

Prequel to Cube - Cube Zero

http://www.uncubed.com

I guess this is the official site.

I wish they would leave this movie alone but I'm sure I'll check it out anyway. Hopefully it will be better than Hypercube.

jarofclay73 12-08-03 07:32 PM

So, there was Cube and Cube II, right? Well, I would have hoped that the third movie would have been simply called "Cub3d." :D

DonnachaOne 12-08-03 07:35 PM

Well, Cube was a 3-d cube. Cube 2 was a '4-D' "hypercube".

Shouldn't the first cube, be, I dunno, 2-D?

"AAAGH! We're trapped on a square!"
"Only the government could have built this... this QUADRANGLE!"

KenobiKid22 12-08-03 08:27 PM

I'm not sure I'm sold on the idea of a 3rd Cube, the Cube 2 Hypercube left such a bad image of the series with me. I loved the first Cube, I had never seen it until the latest DVD edition came out and took a chance based on a high opinion of a friend. I did the same with the second, not knowing it was a completely different team making it. One of the worst sequels ever. But I'm sure I'll check this one out just to see what could be brought to the series.

Daytrip 12-09-03 09:35 AM

bad acting aside i also loved the cube.........i couldn't bring myself to watch the second one though

DRG 12-09-03 09:58 AM

Cube was a great story populated with terrible characters.

renaldow 12-09-03 04:34 PM

Don't bother downloading the teaser for it. Very lame. Lots of CGI going through a cube, nothing about the film whatsoever. The end of the teaser may hint that the cube is actually a...

Spoiler:
...circle!

I want my download time back.

Cosmic Bus 12-09-03 05:49 PM

Is Natali working on this (unlikely) or just some random hack?

I watched his Cypher a couple of days ago, and while it kind of felt like an extended X-Files episode, it's a really slick and highly enjoyable little thriller. Dunno why they haven't bothered to release it stateside yet...

vikings 12-09-03 06:18 PM

On a related topic, did anyone figure out the ending of Cube 2: Hypercube? I just didn't understand it. Thanks

cheapskate 12-09-03 06:50 PM

Originally posted by renaldow
Don't bother downloading the teaser for it. Very lame.
Your comments prompted me to download it... I should have listened... :(

The teaser trailer looks like a Windows 98 screensaver - and while it might *hint* at the CUBE being a CIRCLE, it probably just stands for cube ZERO...

"Those bastards; it was a circle all along!"

KenobiKid22 12-09-03 06:55 PM

On the same site the trailer was on they have an image about the size of a desktop icon that shows the doors of the cube as being circular.

http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2002-..._cube_zero.jpg

kurupt 12-10-03 08:22 AM

Might be the funniest thing I've read in a while.

zak52 09-06-04 01:54 PM

From davisdvd
http://www.davisdvd.com/news/rumors.html

According to Lions Gate Home Entertainment, the upcoming prequel to the cult sci-fi film "Cube" will be released onto DVD in February 2005. Apparently going a Matrix-y route, Cube Zero promises to expose a bit on the origins of the cube system along with delivering more of the suspense and gore of the first film that the second seriously lacked. Although no details have been made available yet, the DVD promises to feature a good number of extras. A limited number of theatrical festival dates are currently being finalized for October and November 2004. For more info, including a look at the teaser trailer, head on over to the official website.

Rammsteinfan 09-06-04 02:33 PM

i love the first one and if they go back to doing something similar then I am all over it... Hypercube was a waste.

C.H.U.D. 09-06-04 02:36 PM

I wonder if this one will manage to have a worse ending than the first two.

BigPete 09-06-04 02:49 PM

Originally posted by DonnachaOne
Well, Cube was a 3-d cube. Cube 2 was a '4-D' "hypercube".

Shouldn't the first cube, be, I dunno, 2-D?

We had it already ... it was called Hollywood Squares.

renaldow 09-07-04 10:08 AM

I'm still betting it's a circle (or sphere,) not a cube. I'm also still betting this movie will suck, but will be better than the last.

kenbuzz 09-07-04 11:27 AM

Originally posted by BigPete
We had it already ... it was called Hollywood Squares.
....with Charlie Weaver
http://webpages.charter.net/emilb/charley%20weaver.jpg

riley_dude 09-07-04 02:10 PM

If they are going to do more of these. Give us some answers!!!!

dhmac 09-07-04 05:39 PM

Cube Zero?

Wouldn't a much better title be:

Cubeł

(i.e. Cube cubed)

Abob Teff 09-07-04 06:58 PM

Well, some answers are definitely needed . . . one more movie without answers will sour me just as bad as the X-Files movie did (sorry guys, NEVER watched the show after that).

What if we find out that
Spoiler:
it's just a Rubik's Cube and our world is a child's toy
? OK, that's kind of lame.

Wait a second . . . didn't I just watch a third Cube movie a few weeks ago? Yeah, I'm pretty sure I did. It was directed by Paul WS Anderson and had some invisible creatures and some bug-like creatures in it . . .

Original Desmond 09-07-04 07:17 PM

i love the Cube movies, they have a bit of a cult following

i remember finding this site full of cube geeks, they were analyzing every small detail of the films

Kumar J 09-07-04 08:12 PM

The Hypercube was such a waste of time.No gory death scenes,no traps.And the Old lady was a stupid thing to add.The 1st Cube was so nice and full of suprises!

Matthew Chmiel 01-09-05 03:13 PM

Cube is a fantastic underrated sci-fi/horror film from the '90s. Not anywhere on the same plane of existence as the piece of art known as Dark City, but it's almost up there.

Cube 2: Hypercube was indeed different than the first film (which hurt it more than helped it), but I did find it watchable. The problem is that the film completely ruins itself during the third act when the film decides to kill off the entire cast and have an ending that makes no sense and offers no answers to what we already knew from the first film.

From what I've seen, Cube Zero might be better than Hypercube; but at this point, I'm not expecting a lot. And just to think, if the flick makes it's money back on video, we will get treated to the Cube television series. :(

Rammsteinfan 01-09-05 05:13 PM

I got a chance to see Cube Zero a few weeks ago and it was okay. Its better than Cube 2 but not as good as the first. It goes back to being more of inside the types of rooms from the first and has some decent gore kills but beyond that, its just okay. it does show you outside the cube and what is going on with it.