DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   Movie Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/movie-talk-17/)
-   -   Avi Arad updates movie projects in the works for Marvel in their Q3 update: (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/movie-talk/328084-avi-arad-updates-movie-projects-works-marvel-their-q3-update.html)

jasonbird 11-04-03 03:28 PM

Avi Arad updates movie projects in the works for Marvel in their Q3 update:

Link

During Marvel's conference call, Avi Arad said that he wished to clear up some misinformation about Marvel’s relationship with Artisan, stating that the studio (which was just acquired by Lion’s Gate) does not have “15 Marvel properties.” The only property Artisan has any stake in currently is Punisher. Arad said that if things go well between Artisan and Lion’s Gate, Marvel may expand and/or continue their relationship with the studio. Arad stressed that, despite reports, Artisan does not have the rights to Iron Fist and Black Panther.

Other topics mentioned by Arad included:

- Spider-Man 2 just completed principle photography
- Iron Man is targeted to be a PG-13 release and on target for a ’05 release.
- Elektra, which is in current development, will be the “sequel” to Daredevil, with the character first appearing there, and then be reunited with Daredevil in Daredevil 2.
- Marvel is “feverishly” working on Fantastic Four with Fox, and that the studio has it on it's schedule for December 2004.
- Hulk 2 is in development for an 06 release. Arad reported that 6.5 million DVDs shipped for the release, and 3.5 sold within seven days.
- Namor is in active development.
- Arad said that X-Men 3 is in development, but neither Marvel or Fox is willing to tentetively put it on the schedule yet, for either 05 or 06 release.
- Arad reported that Captain America is in discussion with top writers and directors, now that litigation surrounding the character has been resolved.
- Arad said that the production budget for Punisher was in the upper $30s, while the marketing budget will most likely be in the mid $20s (millions).
-Finally, Arad said that he should be able to release more information about upcoming Marvel film projects closer to the November 18th analysts' call.
Jason

For me, the best news is the Hulk sequel coming! :D

jasonbird 11-04-03 03:35 PM

and from another source on the same report:

Marvel’s report also listed its upcoming film releases:

The Punisher Artisan Entertainment April 16, 2004

Spider-Man 2 Sony/Columbia July 2, 2004

Blade 3 New Line Cinema August 12, 2004

Man-Thing Fierce/Artisan August 26, 2004

Fantastic Four Fox December 24, 2004

Films/characters in active development, according to Marvel, include:

X-Men 3 Fox Film

The Hulk 2 Universal Pictures Film

Namor Universal Pictures Film

Elektra New Regency / Fox Film

Iron Man New Line Cinema Film

Ghost Rider Sony Film

DeathLok Crystal Sky/ Paramount Pictures Film

Blade Animation MTV TV

raven56706 11-04-03 04:10 PM

Hulk 2..... alright......i am happy. I liked the first one and the second now doesnt have to say mcuh about the character..... now its time for some destruction.

The Antipodean 11-04-03 06:21 PM

I'll believe the Hulk sequel is coming when they complete principal photography. The movie was widely reviled and had the worst dropoff (70%!) from #1 of almost any movie ever. That doesn't scream "sequel" to me. It made almost half of its money in the first couple days alone, not a good side for word of mouth. WIthout the hype and built-in name recognition of the Hulk character, Ang Lee's folly would've bombed even harder than it did. If they make a sequel, keep him miles away.

Deftones 11-04-03 10:25 PM

sweet, a blade animation! Do it like the spidey one and that's gonna be freakin tight!

jasonbird 11-04-03 10:36 PM

I think Fantastic Four on 12/04 is pushing it as they have yet to
announce a lock for director or any cast members. (I for one am
glad that the Clooney as Mr Fantastic was rumor)

Jason

TCG 11-05-03 03:22 AM

Originally posted by raven56706
Hulk 2..... alright......i am happy. I liked the first one and the second now doesnt have to say mcuh about the character..... now its time for some destruction.
oh yeah. i certainly liked the first one, but the best scenes were the action scenes. how great would it be if John McTiernan, or the like, directed this?!

i'm hoping it will be like the Alien:Aliens duo (set-up in the first, tons of action in the second!).

Scot1458 11-05-03 11:52 AM

I just want my Man-Thing.

Hope the FF movie is more like a gotic/hammer/horror type film then the X-Men....

calhoun07 11-05-03 08:40 PM

I just hope that the Fantastic Four movie has everybody taking turns at quitting the team thru out the movie or I won't feel I got my money's worth.