Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Movie Talk
Reload this Page >

question about the ending of Hulk (spoilers without tags)

Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

Old 11-02-03, 06:52 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ok at the very end of the movie when both of the Bannners die in the nuke explosion. we then see Jennifer and her father. then we cut to a tour of some sort in a spanish speaking country, a man appears, and then the movie ends. Was this Noltie and they were trying to set up a sequel.
Old 11-02-03, 07:27 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 125 Likes on 103 Posts
Can you watch it again? It's pretty clear who's in the ending.
Old 11-02-03, 08:30 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I agree with Eric F you seriously need to watch it again if you can't tell who it is.

It's Bruce Banner and he's now living in the jungle so that he isn't found.
Old 11-02-03, 09:07 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Uh. . .
Old 11-02-03, 10:07 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

How could you be confused by such a clear-cut ending?
Old 11-02-03, 10:15 PM

Dude.....are you alright?
Old 11-02-03, 10:54 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 50 Likes on 37 Posts
I could see being confused by the final battle sequence, which was incoherently edited and murkily shot, but that last scene in South America?? He even said "you wouldn't like me when I'm angry!" -- seriously, the only resemblance between Bana and Nolte that could confuse is that they both wore beards.
Old 11-02-03, 11:14 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I saw the film at a midnight showing when it was first released and I was pretty tired. While the whole last battle sequence was confusing to me (it was already 2:00am and I was tired as hell), it is pretty clear that it was Bruce Banner in the South American jungle.
Old 11-03-03, 04:40 AM

Hey, let's not be too tough on the original poster...I give him props for just MAKING it to the ending!
Old 11-03-03, 07:01 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

To answer the question:

No it's not Noltie, it's Eric Bana with beard (I'm sure it's supposed to resemble Noltie's character, though).

And, I believe they were trying to set up a sequel by showing you that Bruce survives. I'm not sure if the next one's going to take place necessarily in South America, though.
Old 11-03-03, 07:10 AM
Suspended

Well, unless the studio really has a lot more faith in a sequel doing better than the first, any sequel would likely take place in Australia or Canada with lesser-known talent.
Old 11-03-03, 08:19 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

If they do a sequel, do what people want to see when they go to a Hulk movie, Hulk kicking the crap out of stuff most of the time. I could care less about the long drawn-out drama parts of pt1. I didn't go to the HULK to see drama, just a big green guy smashing stuff.
Old 11-03-03, 09:07 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Actually it wasnt bruce banner nor Nick Nolte.

it actually was Cheech Marin, he becomes the hulk after eating Nuclear gamma tacos.
Old 11-03-03, 09:26 AM
DVD Talk Hero

actually, I think I was too lazy to go back 20 seconds to see who this person was. frankly, I'm glad it was over. The movie should of ended right when the Banner see's Betty and they hug and kiss. Maybe they could of showed Noltie's character and set up a sequel for that .
Old 11-03-03, 06:33 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 20 Likes on 8 Posts
I thought the same thing when i rewatched the movie on dvd. The showdown between Hulk and the army would have been a far better climax then Banner and his father, which just confused audiences even more.
Old 11-03-03, 09:17 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

The whole father and son battle sucked and ruined this movie on me.
Old 11-03-03, 10:55 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts
I saw this movie again on DVD, and I disagree with the negative assessments. For anybody who didn't like it the theatres, it's much better the second time around on video (when expectations of mindless, superheroics on the big screen are lessened), and holds up better than DAREDEVIL or even SPIDER-MAN.

("should of"?????)
Old 11-04-03, 02:13 PM
Banned

Great movie. All we ever hear is how we want more charcter, more depth, more plot in our popcorn flics.

Lee delivers and everybody calls it a failure.

You people deserve Amaradegon, Pearl Harbor, Daredevil, Batman and Robin, etc.
Old 11-04-03, 03:16 PM
DVD Talk Legend

wait wait wait....

I like Pearl Harbor and Daredevil.......

Hulk was an awesome movie that gets indepth to the t of what hulk is and people complained. Come on.....

Hulk smashing up alot of things and causing riots of chaos wouldnt work and would be a real disaster. Spider man is fun and clingy,Daredevil is dark and smashmouth, and Hulk is a story of chaos but depth.
Old 11-05-03, 04:22 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Location: City of the lakers.. riots.. and drug dealing cops.. los(t) Angel(e)s. ca.
I would think that Hulk Smashing would have worked just fine. The moment you try to get deeper in the wrong direction by having the HULK himself look at pretty flowers for a 3 minute shot its when you lose it. It seemed like both roads were trying to be taken and they both failed. You can have it one way or another.

Either way, the ending shot is pretty clear who it is.
Old 11-05-03, 08:12 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally posted by Jackskeleton
Either way, the ending shot is pretty clear who it is.
Wait... who is it?
Old 11-05-03, 09:14 AM
DVD Talk Hero

i thoguth the movie sucked, just like most others here. the split screen format did not seem right for this movie, the acting was slow and a bit stiff. many of the battles looked a little fake since all of it was cgi, and the movie was 20 minutes too long. cut out the last battle (have noltie show up at the end but combine the his battle with the main battle with the police, and have the hulk finally show up within the first 25 or 30 min instead of 40 min. since we have 45 min of set up that in the end, nobody cares about at the end. Its sad that my favorite part of the movie was the end credits. (i liked the Velvet Revolver song and hope Scott Wielend beats his drug additction.)
Old 11-05-03, 04:11 PM
Suspended

This movie did suck.

Universal or anybody would be freakin stupid to make a sucky sequal to a sucky movie.
Old 11-05-03, 05:14 PM

I liked the Hulk a lot. The only disappointing thing about the ending is that it's difficult to follow the action (understatement). But, oh well, it was still an interesting take on the Absorbing Man.

I think expectations may have killed this movie. Action buffs were disappointed that they had to wait around. Comic book movie buffs were disappointed because this was far darker and brooding than others of the genre.

It wasn't great and had its flaws for sure, but still was entertaining and had depth to it.
Old 11-05-03, 11:44 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Location: Home of the UF Gators and Nat'l Championships, Gainesville, FL
I saw this in the theaters and I liked it (except for the father/son showdown at the end.) It was better than most of the turds that came out at about the same time (Dumb and Dumberer, Charlie's Angels, etc..) because it actually had some depth. If they do a sequel it will probably be like Alien/Aliens. 1st movie setting everything up. 2nd movie all out action.

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.