Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Movie Talk
Reload this Page >

Should I read the SW Ep III spoilers?

Community
Search
Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-03, 12:15 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,408 Likes on 1,031 Posts

For Ep 2, I practically knew the whole movie before I sat down in the theater. For Ep 1, I think I had read a few things here and there, and I think the best things spoilers are for are for keeping your anticipation on an even keel.

But I know nothing about ep 3. OK, maybe the bit about them having 70's hairdos, but that's about it.

Should I read some of them so I don't get too excited? For those that have read them, how are things looking? If final film is shaping up to be decent, just knowing that would help me stay spoiler free.

Can I get some opinions?
Old 09-13-03, 01:01 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 26 Likes on 14 Posts
Do it. You know you want to. Just do it...
Old 09-13-03, 01:20 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I've been. I figure, this time, after 2 relatively mediocre movies IMO, it's better to be "prepared" so to speak. Some of what I've read has been promising, some not.
Old 09-13-03, 03:52 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I say do it. I keep telling myself it's OK to read them because this is the last time for the "hype" so to speak. I can honestly say I'm gonna miss checking various sites daily hoping to see the smallest spoiler. Even being spoiled and reading the novel for each of the movies I still enjoyed every minute of the past 2 movies. No they weren't great in comparison to the OT, but they were still Star Wars films and that was good enough for me.

I'll agree with an earlier post that some of the spoilers I've read regarding EP3 have been promising and others so-so. I'm sure we have the same ones in mind. I also remember reading "spoilers'' on a certain site that turned out to be false or ideas that were changed, but I say knock yourself out.
Old 09-13-03, 04:16 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Location: City of the lakers.. riots.. and drug dealing cops.. los(t) Angel(e)s. ca.
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
the way I see it, it's one thing to read it compared to seeing it.
Old 09-13-03, 04:39 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I'm going to read all the spoilers I can because I avoided all possible spoilers for the last 2 SW films and I hated them both. Maybe I'll enjoy Ep 3 more if I know what's going to happen going into the theatre.
Old 09-13-03, 07:05 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,300 Likes on 944 Posts
At first I was thinking of going against the concensus but it's pretty obvious where the movie leads, so the ending won't be a big surprise.

Personally, I'm going to try to not find out little "surprises" that might happen during the movie. Even if the movie sucks, at least I could say "wow, didn't think THAT was going to happen"
Old 09-13-03, 07:32 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Where can I read the spoilers?
Old 09-13-03, 07:55 PM
Banned

Originally posted by DavidH
Where can I read the spoilers?
Here
Old 09-13-03, 08:19 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Location: WAS looking for My Own Private Stuckeyville, but stuck in Liberty City (while missing Vice City)
you mean the one about

Spoiler:
Anakin succumbing to the dark side and becoming Darth Vader?

I already read that one..

Seriously though...after being majorly disappointed in AOtC*, i'd rather not know what's going on in the third. I already know the OBVIOUS basics, but as far as that, i'm gonna do my best to avoid 'em..

* [Comparatively speaking to tPM..]
Old 09-13-03, 08:35 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Location: City of the lakers.. riots.. and drug dealing cops.. los(t) Angel(e)s. ca.
spoilers:

Spoiler:
-Lets clarify a little about the "new bad guy" that is talked about in almost every chat. He is not a sith or a jedi traitor. He does wield at LEAST 2 lightsabers at the same time in combat. He has never been seen before (but keep your eyes peeled to the Cartoon Network). He is going to be cool as all heck, BUT he won't steal any thunder from when you see mechanical Darth Vader for the first time.
-Sounds like they recently filmed Obi-Wan taking on the new bad guys' henchmen. Don't be surprised if you hear about Obi-Wan filming his scene aboard a digital creature soon.

-There is currently no Boba Fett in the film at all.

Not all of Darth Vader's scenes have been shot.
We won't see Geonosis or Dantooine in Episode III.
Hayden's last day on set is September 17th.
Scenes involving the twins have been shot.
In AOTC, we did see the person who ordered the clones.

The dueling between Anakin & Obi-Wan was some of the fastest ever seen.

There are animatics for a scene in which there are clonetroopers on speeder bikes, but the scene may not be in the final film.
The opening space battle in terms of scale and scope is bigger than anything we've seen.
Episode 3 is more action oriented, dark and moody.
There's an entire environment that will be bigger than anything seen in any Star Wars film that will be primarily digital.
Yoda will feature in a "spectacular action sequence".
The animatics for the Episode 3 space battle were more challenging because it's a journey rather than a single event..
The Wookiees in action is "something to see".

Old 09-13-03, 08:41 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Ok, I read some.

Sigh.

What was I expecting?

It's just the same old song and dance from Lucas. Not that it's a bad thing, but who am I kidding, I know where this is going
Old 09-14-03, 03:39 AM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Location: WAS looking for My Own Private Stuckeyville, but stuck in Liberty City (while missing Vice City)
I am NOT reading those..

Just like I am NOT checking out those rough cuts of the new Matrix ads...

damn you jack..

twice.

you're just trying to get me back for the unintentional Depp spoiler with the paint, aren'tcha..?
Old 09-14-03, 09:46 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

I already saw Once Upon a time.. when you posted those.. not really a spoiler if it's already seen.

as for the matrix promo's. think of them as the ad's, cause those are the ad's they will be running when they are all done and so forth.
Old 09-14-03, 02:35 PM
Banned

What's the point in going to movies if there are no surprises? People who read every spoiler can't seem to explain that.
Old 09-14-03, 10:36 PM
Needs to provide a working email

Originally posted by Jackskeleton
spoilers:

Spoiler:
There are animatics for a scene in which there are clonetroopers on speeder bikes, but the scene may not be in the final film.

Spoiler:
Wait-- the Animanics are in this movie???
Old 09-15-03, 12:52 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 7 Likes on 1 Post
I didn't know anything about ep1 or ep2 going into it and I was still disappointed. Actually that's not true - I knew that anakin was darth vader - cuz I saw ep 4, 5 and 6. I also know that anakin and amadala are gonna do it cuz luke and leah have to be born. Perhaps I've said too much.
Old 09-15-03, 01:10 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Originally posted by Face/Off
What's the point in going to movies if there are no surprises? People who read every spoiler can't seem to explain that.
that's why you read only some.

I found out early about qui gon by accident and it still came as a surprise because though I knew he would eat it.. I didn't know where, when or how.

Like stated, reading it is one thing, seeing it on the screen is another.
Old 09-15-03, 02:18 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally posted by Trigger
I didn't know anything about ep1 or ep2 going into it and I was still disappointed.
That's what I'm getting at. If you have some idea, you may not have these preconceived notions of what to expect. Like say, actually seeing the Clone Wars on the big screen....
Old 09-16-03, 02:29 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I'm not even reading this thread...
Old 09-16-03, 06:13 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally posted by milo bloom
That's what I'm getting at. If you have some idea, you may not have these preconceived notions of what to expect. Like say, actually seeing the Clone Wars on the big screen....
the first battle of the clone wars WAS on screen.
Old 09-16-03, 09:06 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally posted by huh?
the first battle of the clone wars WAS on screen.
The first battle was on screen. The last I read, Ep 3 starts with the last battle.
The animated series will cover more ground, but are limited by time and scope.

I'm probably not alone in still being disappointed in waiting all these years and not seeing 3 movies about the clone wars.

Though I'm more disappointed in not seeing the Further, Further Adventures of Luke Skywalker...
Old 09-16-03, 10:07 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

I stand with Milo. for all these years we have heard rumors of the great clone war that luke's father faught along side with Obi. the hype, the excitement and all we get is a live version of the first and last battle. I'm not a fan of the animation of the clone war to begin with.. I can't say I'm not disappointed.
Old 09-17-03, 03:46 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 46 Likes on 33 Posts
I guess I feel that most of the spoilers I read for the first two never came to be, so I will read the ones for Ep III.
Old 09-17-03, 09:07 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally posted by Jackskeleton
I stand with Milo. for all these years we have heard rumors of the great clone war that luke's father faught along side with Obi. the hype, the excitement and all we get is a live version of the first and last battle. I'm not a fan of the animation of the clone war to begin with.. I can't say I'm not disappointed.
Oh I love Samurai Jack, and look forward to the Clone Wars series. I'm just disappointed it's not getting the big screen treatment.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.