DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   Movie Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/movie-talk-17/)
-   -   nudity in lord of the flies? (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/movie-talk/313869-nudity-lord-flies.html)

movieman101 08-26-03 11:33 PM

nudity in lord of the flies?

I was considering purchasing the 1961 version of lord of the flies however I have read that there is extensive child nudity in the film. Does anyone know if this is true. The movie did get a PG rating...I was gonna watch it with my kids...but now. Please respond.

movieman101 08-26-03 11:55 PM

^

HistoryProf 08-27-03 12:00 AM

I don't have an answer to your query, but i'm curious as to why your kids seeing other kids naked would be a problem? If it's PG, it's PG.....nudity is not a bad thing....the fear of it is.

codecomplete 08-27-03 12:08 AM

Re: nudity in lord of the flies?

Originally posted by movieman101
I was considering purchasing the 1961 version of lord of the flies however I have read that there is extensive child nudity in the film. Does anyone know if this is true. The movie did get a PG rating...I was gonna watch it with my kids...but now. Please respond.
I saw the Criterion release and there's no nudity.

BizRodian 08-27-03 12:38 AM

It's not like the kids would have been ****ing each other anyways.

ben12 08-27-03 02:28 AM

You see butts. That's the nudity.

Ketamine 08-27-03 08:19 AM

Yeah, just some kid butts. The disgusting thing in this movie was the horrible acting. Now that is something you shouldn't let your kids see. May want to rent first b/c though I liked the book, I had a hard time sitting through this movie.

marty888 08-27-03 08:23 AM

Also be warned: there is a nude baby in <i>Look Who's Talking</i>.

Rypro 525 08-27-03 09:09 AM

and a full frontal shot of a nude boy in superman.

milo bloom 08-27-03 11:16 AM

There's also the remake from MGM. I don't think there's nudity, but there's a bit of gore IIRC.

codecomplete 08-27-03 01:21 PM

You guys should give it a rest. While I agree that nudity in and of itself is nothing to be ashamed of, the guy's got a right to decide what his kids can't and can see. We all have different standards. At least he's not asking if it came with an insert like some of you maroons.

chente 08-27-03 02:38 PM

Originally posted by marty888
Also be warned: there is a nude baby in <i>Look Who's Talking</i>.
ROFLMAO

Corvin 08-27-03 07:42 PM

Originally posted by chente
ROFLMAO
Sometimes I hate the Internet.

spankasmurf 08-27-03 07:44 PM

Originally posted by codecomplete
You guys should give it a rest. While I agree that nudity in and of itself is nothing to be ashamed of, the guy's got a right to decide what his kids can't and can see. We all have different standards. At least he's not asking if it came with an insert like some of you maroons.
Nor bump his thread after waiting for only 20 minutes

Ketamine 08-27-03 09:01 PM

Originally posted by codecomplete
Where is this coming from? I don't see a single post in this thread about judging him for letting his kids see nudity or not. Relax.

milo bloom 08-27-03 09:40 PM

Yes we were! I won't have anyone accusing us of non-hassling of noobs. We're petty little terrorists here and I'll thank you to remember it!

;)