Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Movie Talk
Reload this Page >

Question About SHREK 2

Community
Search
Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

Question About SHREK 2

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-03, 10:09 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Question About SHREK 2

My kids got a read-along Shrek 2 CD-ROM when they went to see Sinbad, and we just got around to watching the whole thing this morning. Does anybody know if the story told on the CD-ROM is the actual plot of Shrek 2?
Old 08-09-03, 10:16 AM

Received 122 Likes on 84 Posts
Here's the plotline from IMDB. Sound the same?

"Shrek 2" involves Shrek (Mike Myers) and Princess Fiona (Cameron Diaz) getting invited to her parents' home for a post-wedding celebration. However, her mother and father (Julie Andrews and John Cleese) have no idea that they are both ogres--and her parents may have a surprise of their own in store for Shrek and Fiona. Donkey (Eddie Murphy) will be returning, as well as Lord Farquaad (John Lithgow).
On a side note, how can Farquaad return? He's one of two characters that died in the film...the other being:

Spoiler:
Mama Bear (sniff)

Shrek is my daughter's favorite movie, and the sequel will probably be her first visit to the theater.
Old 08-09-03, 10:36 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Groucho --

On the CD-ROM, it's
Spoiler:
Lord Farquaad's ghost
... so that is probably going to be the approach.

The description you found in no way matches what was on the CD-ROM. In that one...

Spoiler:
Shrek and Fiona are heading off for their honeymoon with Donkey driving the coach, when Theonolis bursts through the shrubbery, grabs Fiona and goes racing off. Donkey and Shrek give chase, ending up in a cemetary where the discover that Lord Farquaad's ghost is scheming to kill Fiona and make her his bride in the underworld. Farquaad sends a stone dragon after Shrek and Donkey, who are rescued by the real Dragon; the stone dragon is defeated, Fiona is saved, and Shrek and Fiona finally make it to their honeymoon suite.

The CD is narrated by John Cleese, and is actually pretty good. I'm glad the movie does not have the same plot -- kind of lame, to be honest, with some horrid dialogue -- but my kids enjoyed an extra "chapter" in the Shrek story.

BTW, Groucho, do you want the CD? Or at least the run-time EXE off of the CD? Let me know. It was free, so I don't think there would be piracy issues... and heck, worse comes to worst I can just mail one of the extra copies my kids got. (We saw Sinbad twice in the theater, so we have 4 CD-ROMs...)
Old 08-09-03, 12:13 PM

Received 808 Likes on 525 Posts
... NCMojo... could I have one? I'll foot for the shipping... let me know by emailing me...

I couldn't bring myself to take the kids to Sinbad, but I know they would enjoy this.

TAK
Old 08-09-03, 11:13 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally posted by Goldberg74
... NCMojo... could I have one? I'll foot for the shipping... let me know by emailing me...

I couldn't bring myself to take the kids to Sinbad, but I know they would enjoy this.

TAK
Goldberg, YGM.
Old 08-10-03, 12:28 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
you could have told me you guys wanted these, i work at a theater we had boxes full of them just like these 3-d glasses for spykids ive got about 50 of them
Old 08-10-03, 12:28 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally posted by Goldberg74

TAK
There was a giant box full of them in the lobby of my local theater. While standing in line to get my ticket ripped, I just grabbed one out of curiosity. Then again, the theater is horrible when it comes to giving away things with movie tickets. They almost didn't give me my supercool Spy Kids 3D glasses!
Old 08-10-03, 09:32 AM

Received 122 Likes on 84 Posts
Yeah, that CD-rom does sound fun. Even the EXE is probably sufficient.
Old 08-10-03, 11:18 AM
DVD Talk Legend

No, you need the source files, which is, like, over 400 megs. Anyone want to volunteer an FTP?
Old 08-11-03, 12:22 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts
Re: Question About SHREK 2

Originally posted by NCMojo
My kids got a read-along Shrek 2 CD-ROM when they went to see Sinbad, and we just got around to watching the whole thing this morning. Does anybody know if the story told on the CD-ROM is the actual plot of Shrek 2?
Hi NCMojo:

I am currently working as an animator on SHREK 2 at Dreamworks.

The SHREK tale that's on the CD-ROM tells the events that happen between SHREK 1 and SHREK 2. Incidentally, you can see these events in animated form if you go see the new SHREK 4-D, a new motion-3-D ride at Universal Studios.

But again, the CD-ROM isn't really SHREK 2, but really is a tale to bridge the gap between the original SHREK and SHREK 2, which opens next year.

Last edited by jeffkjoe; 08-11-03 at 12:27 PM.
Old 08-11-03, 12:35 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Location: WAS looking for My Own Private Stuckeyville, but stuck in Liberty City (while missing Vice City)
Originally posted by Justin00787
you could have told me you guys wanted these, i work at a theater we had boxes full of them just like these 3-d glasses for spykids ive got about 50 of them
Got any of 'em left Justin00787? With my movie going experiences as limited as it are, there was NO WAY I was gonna sit through Sinbad...

Please lemme know.
Old 08-11-03, 02:02 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 696 Likes on 430 Posts
I liked but didn't love Shrek -- too gimmicky, too smirky, too self-consciously "hip" and "self-aware", and even 2 years later has become seriously dated.

I wonder what they're going to do when the run out of anti-Disney-zingers and Popular-Movie-gags.
Old 08-11-03, 03:20 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Location: Austin, Texas XboxLIVE Gamertag: Golucky Timezone: Central (CST)
Re: Re: Question About SHREK 2

Originally posted by jeffkjoe
I am currently working as an animator on SHREK 2 at Dreamworks.
Too cool