DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   Movie Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/movie-talk-17/)
-   -   Jason vs. Freddy (who will wins?) (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/movie-talk/310277-jason-vs-freddy-who-will-wins.html)

sol4real 08-08-03 01:51 PM

Jason vs. Freddy (who will wins?)

My co-workers and I are predicting that neither will win and someone like Mike Myers will come in and completely destroy them both? Will what does everyone else think? What other horror character is in the new line cinema camp?

Azazoth 08-08-03 01:54 PM

Michael Myers shows up? That would be stupid. Now the Predator on the other hand...

jhansla 08-08-03 01:59 PM

Freddy wins Jason but if you wait till the end of the credits you'll see that Jason is still alive.

Groucho 08-08-03 02:00 PM

I'll tell you who will win: anybody who goes and sees another movie instead.

HA HA HA HA HA!

bardevious 08-08-03 03:18 PM

Certainly not the audience.

neiname 08-08-03 03:19 PM

Freddy

mdc3000 08-08-03 04:36 PM

Originally posted by jhansla
Freddy wins Jason but if you wait till the end of the credits you'll see that Jason is still alive.
Is this just your guess or have you seen the movie and just spoiled the hell out of it? If that is the case I will come back here, and kick your ass... ok, maybe not, but I'll be hella pissed. :) Spoiler tags...hello!

MATT

RyoHazuki 08-08-03 04:38 PM

I dont know "who will wins". Why does it matter? Not gonna see it if Jason doesnt win? Getting ready to write hate mail to new line?

audrey 08-08-03 04:44 PM

I think it would have been fun to release the movie w/ multiple endings like Clue.

caiman 08-08-03 04:53 PM

http://www.dvdtalk.com/forum/showthr...hreadid=309699

Drexl 08-08-03 08:35 PM

Bud Selig will decide it's gone on long enough and it will end in a tie.

caligulathegod 08-08-03 08:54 PM

Just read in Entertainment Weekly that the guy who owns Michael Myers is interested in adding him into the fray in a future film.

SPiRAL 08-08-03 08:56 PM

Doesn't Jason win ? I mean he made it into space in Jason X.

El-Kabong 08-08-03 10:13 PM

Originally posted by caligulathegod
Just read in Entertainment Weekly that the guy who owns Michael Myers is interested in adding him into the fray in a future film.
Oh god - wouldnt that be Da Bomb. Throw in some Leatherface for good measure and we have solid box office gold!

cultshock 08-08-03 10:37 PM

Freddy wins in the US version and Jason wins in the Japanese version. :D

Michael Corvin 08-08-03 11:10 PM

some guys were talking about this at work tonight. I've only seen 1 of each franchise but Freddy never dies right? Jason almost always does. My vote goes to Freddy, but like mentioned above I bet jason shows up after the credits.

If you are going by kills, I forgot where I read it(maxim movies maybe?), Jason has Freddy's butt whooped like 130+ to 32 or something like that.

eedoon 08-09-03 12:02 AM

(turn the TV off)

I win. ;)

Zodiac_Speaking 08-09-03 12:11 PM

New Line owns the Nightmare, F13, and Texas Chainsaw Massacre licenses.
Deminsion owns Halloween.

So maybe if F Vs. J is popular at the B.O., Leatherface will show up in Round 2...

To me, this film is saying thanks for being with these two characters for 20+ years. New Line is the only studio who would ever do this. I'm very excited; this reminds me of all the monster bashes like godzilla vs. something and the Universal team-up films, like frankenstein meets the wolfman.
Why can't anyone see it like this? It will be fun and that's the key.

jhansla 08-09-03 03:46 PM

mdc3000 it was just my guess however since me saying that I have actually found out who wins

Spoiler:
Freddy does indeed win but then the last two teenagers left kill him off and we see both Jason and Freddy lying next to each other on the floor dead after about 30 secs of credits it goes back and we see them both open there eyes at the same time. Then back to credits

maxfisher 08-11-03 05:59 PM

Originally posted by jhansla
mdc3000 it was just my guess however since me saying that I have actually found out who wins

Spoiler:
Freddy does indeed win but then the last two teenagers left kill him off and we see both Jason and Freddy lying next to each other on the floor dead after about 30 secs of credits it goes back and we see them both open there eyes at the same time. Then back to credits

Either they're screening it with multiple endings or you've got a bad source. Saw a sneak preview last Thursday and that's definitely not the ending. Not going to say what it was, but that wasn't it.

glassdragon 08-11-03 07:31 PM

Originally posted by cultshock
Freddy wins in the US version and Jason wins in the Japanese version. :D
I thought godzilla won in the japanese version :hscratch:

steebo777 08-12-03 07:09 AM

Either they're screening it with multiple endings or you've got a bad source. Saw a sneak preview last Thursday and that's definitely not the ending. Not going to say what it was, but that wasn't it.
Yes they were screening it up to last Friday with 2 different endings. I saw the sneak preview last night with the final ending, which was different from what jhansla saw.

jhansla 08-12-03 11:31 AM

There is actually three different endings however the third ending was made for the DVD. Robert Englund said this on the E! channel.

davejt1 08-12-03 11:35 AM

Originally posted by Drexl
Bud Selig will decide it's gone on long enough and it will end in a tie.
Great post! rotfl

DigIt 08-12-03 01:48 PM

Paul Walker owns Freddy & Jason.