DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   Movie Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/movie-talk-17/)
-   -   Final Destination 3-D (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/movie-talk/307570-final-destination-3-d.html)

Seantn 07-26-03 10:10 PM

Final Destination 3-D

Who here would see Final Destination 3 if it was in 3-D? I'd say it is likely that a 3rd film will be made. Obviously they would be milking it to death if it was just a 3rd film. You can only take the death concept so far. I think 3-d would really be great for a film like this. Think about it. Objects flying at you as the characters are being killed. Body parts flying in your face, etc....

If any film needs to be made in 3-d , it's this one.

caiman 07-26-03 10:23 PM

Re: Final Destination 3-D

Originally posted by Seantn

If any film needs to be made in 3-d , it's this one.

That's a pretty big "if".

Jackskeleton 07-26-03 11:18 PM

Please god.. make it stop. :p

No need for a third and using 3-d would be sooooo ripping of spy kids ;)

Adam Tyner 07-26-03 11:22 PM

Originally posted by Jackskeleton
No need for a third and using 3-d would be sooooo ripping of spy kids ;)
There wasn't a need for a second either, but that didn't stop it from being an exceptionally fun movie with some brilliant kill scenes. If they could pull off part three as well, I'd completely be down for it.

turborobb 07-27-03 12:19 AM

I hope Spy Kids is successful and brings on more 3-D movies... I have great memories of seeing Jaws 3-D and other 3-D movies in the theaters when I was a kid, it's about time they brought back the 3-D movie. Final 3-D would be fun, I loved the 2nd one... imagine that car crash in 3-D!!

hey lucas... how about Star Wars Episode 3-D?? nah

Michael Corvin 07-27-03 12:26 AM

I bought the second one the other day. Already watched it twice! I loved it. I think they built on the first pretty well, but I don't think there is much more they could do with it unless ... possible spoiler...

Spoiler:
you just start over with a whole new group of people unrelated to the first 2 films

KingSmoth 07-27-03 02:13 AM

I read the other day about the rumored third movie involving a massive rollercoaster accident at an amusement park. I loved the first two, so this would be awesome to see, as I'm always up for watching sequel after sequel after sequel in horror franchises.

Michael Corvin 07-27-03 09:08 AM

That is a cool idea that would really freak some people out. I like that.

Geofferson 07-27-03 09:18 AM

I like the idea as well. I'd see it.

Amel 07-27-03 09:31 AM

No need for a third, in any dimension, unless they can make it as original and intelligent as the first. That one was fantastic. It wimped out at the end (damn test audiences), but up to that point was a great movie. The second was just the stereotypical, brainless, lets see how many body parts we can dismember type sequel.

Cosmic Bus 07-27-03 09:59 AM

The second was just the stereotypical, brainless, lets see how many body parts we can dismember type sequel.
You say that like it's a bad thing. :p

audrey 07-27-03 11:10 AM

Enjoyed parts 1 and 2 and I’d love to see part 3 in 3-D (not anaglyph).

WRT test audiences. FD is one movie where input from the test audience improved the flick—the original ending was lame.

Amel 07-27-03 12:21 PM

Originally posted by Cosmic Bus
You say that like it's a bad thing. :p
Definitely NOT a bad thing. :D I just didn't expect the sequel to be that way.

audrey: I loved the idea of the original ending. Would have kept it on the darker side.

Rypro 525 07-27-03 05:21 PM

Originally posted by Amel
No need for a third, in any dimension, unless they can make it as original and intelligent as the first. That one was fantastic. It wimped out at the end (damn test audiences), but up to that point was a great movie. The second was just the stereotypical, brainless, lets see how many body parts we can dismember type sequel.
I thought the alternate ending sucked, it was too sapy.
and something for the guys
http://images.google.com/images?q=al...oe=UTF-8&hl=en

Sunday Morning 07-27-03 09:17 PM

Flying body parts in 3-D. I am so there!

Bring it on, New Line.

Kaffe_02 07-27-03 09:18 PM

3D would be really awesome for this

matome 07-27-03 10:07 PM

Oh, I'd be at the theater in a second for this!

Michael Corvin 07-27-03 10:27 PM

I don't think two had the emotional draw the first film had. All the characters were friends or knew each other. So you learn a little about them. The second was just a random handful of people that don't know each other, just to kill. But the death scenes were amazing and the way it was tied to the first film was excellent.

Steve Phillips 07-28-03 09:29 AM

Please, NO! We don't need another one, and they can find a lot better things to shoot in 3-D.

Groucho 07-28-03 09:35 AM

Have they announced whether the DVD will be 3-d as well?

Michael Corvin 07-28-03 10:29 AM

Originally posted by Steve Phillips
Please, NO! We don't need another one, and they can find a lot better things to shoot in 3-D.
Pamela Anderson?