DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   Movie Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/movie-talk-17/)
-   -   Best Use of Studio Logo in Movie (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/movie-talk/306239-best-use-studio-logo-movie.html)

chase3001 07-20-03 07:27 AM

Best Use of Studio Logo in Movie

Just wondering what you guys thought the best use of a studio logo in a film was?

One I just saw recently was the 20th Century Fox logo as the decoration for a building in LXG, as the camera panned down.

Another one I recall was the use of the Paramount logo in Black Rain, when showing the mountain at the beginning.

SteveyP93 07-20-03 08:01 AM

Charlie's Angels uses the Columbia logo very well...the movie starts with the logo, then zooms in to the sky (first movie) and her flame (second). Very clever.

Groucho 07-20-03 08:08 AM

Pirates of the Carribean has no studio logo at the beginning. Not exactly a great use, but I noticed it because it was so unusual.

Angry Video Guy 07-20-03 08:09 AM

Matrix and Batman Forever

Spooky 07-20-03 09:11 AM

The three Indiana Jones movies make great use of the Paramount logo.

The two X-Men films have the "X" in 20th Century Fox just a little brighter than the other letters as the logo fades out.

Scooby Doo takes a bite out of the WB logo at the beginning of Scooby Doo.

Philip Reuben 07-20-03 09:28 AM

From the "visually impared" audio track on the Daredevil DVD...

A giant gold marquee stands under an indigo sky. In gold letters: "20th Century Fox". Spotlights scroll the sky. Words appear: "A News Corporation Company".

On a black background, blue-white light sweeps from left to right. Wispy bands of light rise out. The light sweeps down and cuts away to draw a stemless "R". Letters stand up: "Regency".

Pages of comics riffle. On a red background, a word appears: "Marvel".

Drexl 07-20-03 10:20 AM

Waterworld: the earth in the Universal logo gets flooded.

Iron Chef 07-20-03 11:53 AM

Originally posted by Spooky
The three Indiana Jones movies make great use of the Paramount logo.
:up:

FuzzyBallz 07-20-03 12:30 PM

Moulin Rouge

Got the mini conductor on the bottom of the screen directing the orchestra playing the 20th Century Fox theme. Saw it at the threatres, so it was one of the most memorable for me.

chase3001 07-20-03 04:51 PM

Basketball uses the Universal logo in the intro showing the earth from space.

Jackskeleton 07-20-03 05:36 PM

Matrix
The Ring

reubs82 07-20-03 06:38 PM

I like in Gladiator how the Dreamworks logo is manipulated into the color of the opening scene. I think Scott says on the commentary they had to push hard to get this to happen.

Also, I like the usage of the 20th Century Fox logo for the X-Men films.

Draven 07-20-03 06:52 PM

I always thought they should have put sunglasses on the Columbia logo at the beginning of the "Men In Black" films.

chase3001 07-20-03 07:12 PM

I can't remember which movie it was, but I remember a Columbia Pictures movie where the woman holding the torch winks.

milo bloom 07-20-03 07:42 PM

South Park:BLU does a very nice fade from the Paramount mountain to a Colorado mountain peak.

Groucho 07-20-03 08:12 PM

Originally posted by chase3001
I can't remember which movie it was, but I remember a Columbia Pictures movie where the woman holding the torch winks.
Perhaps you're thinking of Cat Ballou? I believe she winks and shoots off a couple six-shooters at the beginning of that one.

Can't believe I forgot it, considering I just watched on TCM the other day.

Goldberg74 07-20-03 08:19 PM

Road to El Dorado: The Dreamworks logo blends right into the opening song and dance...

Mondo Kane 07-20-03 08:26 PM

Thank God! It's Friday

The Columbia Woman does a disco dance!

FuzzyBallz 07-20-03 09:56 PM

Originally posted by Groucho
Perhaps you're thinking of Cat Ballou? I believe she winks and shoots off a couple six-shooters at the beginning of that one.

Can't believe I forgot it, considering I just watched on TCM the other day.

Actually, there was a movie that had the winking colombia statue. I think it was Charlie's Angels 1.

wendersfan 07-20-03 10:35 PM

The Mouse That Roared

littlefuzzy 07-20-03 11:20 PM

I want to see the next NC-17 movie have the Columbia woman strip down... :D -other-

mdc3000 07-21-03 12:05 AM

I absolutely love logo manipulation... any movie that does something cool with the logo gets points from me....

JURASSIC PARK 3 had some very clever logo stuff....with the logos rippling....just like the T-Rex water scene...ie. dinos are coming...

I thought that was extremely awesome.

MATT

eedoon 07-21-03 12:47 AM

I loved the Universal logo in Waterworld.
I forgot which movie is it - but there's a movie which shows Universal logo from its earlier day to the latest one on the beginning. I kinda liked it.

Groucho 07-21-03 12:54 AM

The Dreamworks logo is altered for Shrek as well.

Several movies have the "Universal through the years" logo. It was for their 75th anniversary, and I believe every film made that year carried it.

Skank 07-21-03 04:11 AM

Child's Play 2 had all the Universal logos before the current one, I think.