DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   Movie Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/movie-talk-17/)
-   -   What do you think/feel when I say PATCH ADAMS? (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/movie-talk/304832-what-do-you-think-feel-when-i-say-patch-adams.html)

rushmore223 07-13-03 03:07 PM

PATCH ADAMS - are you one of them?

OK,
Recently I asked for an opinion on a movie, got it from someone, only to find out later that this person LOVED Patch Adams. If I am gonna take advice from you people, I gotta know where you stand on this one.

RyoHazuki 07-13-03 03:54 PM

Patch Adams- are you one of them. That makes no sense. Your taking a singular proper noun and trying to change it into a plural. I refuse to participate. :)

DGibFen 07-13-03 03:55 PM

What in the heck is going on?

DonnachaOne 07-13-03 04:00 PM

I think he's asking Are you one of "THEM" - as in, the weirdos that like Patch Adams.

endlessmike 07-13-03 04:05 PM

i guess i can say no, even though i've never seen it and i'd never consider watching the movie

pdjennings 07-13-03 04:24 PM

wow... how judgmental.

Tom Banjo 07-13-03 04:26 PM

Heh, I feel the same way about Magnolia.

movielib 07-13-03 04:42 PM

Absolutely, positively in my Bottom 10 of all time.

LBPound 07-13-03 05:14 PM

I'm <i>a</i> Patch Adam, not <i>the</i> Patch Adam.

ArchibaldTuttle 07-13-03 05:26 PM

what's the big deal, I didn't like the movie that much, but it's not like if am talking to someone about movies and they liked it, I won't see a movie on their recommendation, assuming it's a genre I like, maybe if they really liked rollerball or something, but I would hardly consider patch adams the benchmark for determining which people you consider above or below your taste in movies

I guess I can only assume Patch Adams is one of those movies you guys love to hate

Jackskeleton 07-13-03 05:33 PM

"If I am gonna take advice from you people"

Frankly.. DON'T. if you are going to be judgemental about someone's views of a completely different film then why ask for any advice. this is pretty stupid. Some folks like patch adams, some don't. If you ask person A about a movie that isn't patch adams, and then find out that person A loves patch adams.. what the hell does that have to do with the movie you are asking about? Some folks like all sorts of strange mixes. Taking it to another level.. why ask anyone anything at all? Who knows what kind of foods do they like. I sure wouldn't want some vegan suggesting that T3 is a great movie.. she's vegan, why would I listen to them?

If you don't want to be open minded.. Don't ask for someone's take on something just because they like one thing you dont.

Squirrel God 07-13-03 06:01 PM

Patch Adams lover here :D

reubs82 07-13-03 08:52 PM

I;m not participating in this poll b/c it seems to be done by someone who is a fan of Wes Anderson's work. I absolutely HATED Rushmore and Royal Tenenbaums and Bottle Rocket for all of it's clever humor and biting commentary on the human spirit. Most of all, the guy can't frame a shot for CRAP! His experimental style of directing throws off my desire for NO BLACK BARS and what's with his screwey ARs? This youngblood in Hollywood needs to take his unconventional films somewhere else b/c there's no room for them in my world where I only enjoy PT Anderson!

BTW, I didn't really mind Patch Adams...but that wasn't an option on the poll...

EDIT: edited for grammar b/c I was in a sarcastic mood...

woemcats 07-13-03 10:31 PM

Only on DVDTalk can a thread obviously started as a joke incite so many heated responses.

Squirrel God 07-13-03 10:40 PM

Wes Anderson lover here :D

Ginwen 07-13-03 10:42 PM

Never seen it, and yet I hate it. What a hypocrite I am (I hate when people like Jerry Falwell do that).

Tommy Ceez 07-14-03 12:09 AM

I hate Patch Adams but LOVED SuperFuzz. Want a movie recommendation now?

rushmore223 07-14-03 02:06 AM

Thank you Woemcats, I think a few got the humor, though I have to say I am really surprised at how seriously Jack(skeleton) took it. Relax Jack. SuperFuzz!! While I have never seen it, I have to say I love the title. Go ahead, recommend away.

Reubs82, if you wanna start a Wes Andersen poll I would be happy to participate.

Jackskeleton 07-14-03 02:16 AM

there should be a sarcasm button on forums. Not to mention I got to this thread through a link of a double post you did.. Usually if someone took the time to post a message in two different subforums it is not a sign that the post is really intended for humor.

Stoolie 07-14-03 07:24 AM

I wear a large red nose every day to work to commemorate my love for this movie.

spankyj 07-14-03 10:42 AM

I feel the same way about people that like American Beauty.

Kal-El 07-14-03 10:59 AM

I think of this quote from "I Love the 80s":

"Post-Mork & Mindy, Pre-Patch Adams Robin Willams...is an awkward period"

:D

DVD.guy 07-14-03 11:04 AM

Patch Adams was my first DVD. :D

mookiemeister 07-14-03 12:07 PM

I think of clown with the words Patch Adam.

Geofferson 07-14-03 01:04 PM

Originally posted by Tommy Ceez
I hate Patch Adams but LOVED SuperFuzz. Want a movie recommendation now?
ditto.

:lol: