Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Movie Talk
Reload this Page >

Is Nemo being re-released with a blooper reel?

Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

Old 07-12-03, 05:46 PM

Received 797 Likes on 520 Posts

Just curious. Seems to have worked for them in the past...

(Finding Nemo... $285M and climbing...)
Old 07-12-03, 07:07 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Doubtful. While the previous films had regular credits, FN has activity throughout the end credits.
Old 07-12-03, 07:46 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Yeah and I think it would've been great to hear these voices crack up too. Allison Janney, Ellen, such wonderful voice work. Maybe the DVD will have some outtake footage during the voice recordings.
Old 07-12-03, 08:06 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wonder if it can beat Lion King. about $40 mil more to go!
Old 07-12-03, 08:10 PM

Received 122 Likes on 84 Posts
Um...hello, folks? This is a cartoon...there aren't bloopers because cartoon characters don't mess up their lines, trip on scenary, and such.
Old 07-12-03, 08:25 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I just read in Entertainment Weekly that Pixar decided not to include blooper reels because they didn't want it to become an overused and cliche part of their films.
Old 07-12-03, 09:39 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by Shilex
I just read in Entertainment Weekly that Pixar decided not to include blooper reels because they didn't want it to become an overused and cliche part of their films.
*cough* Rush Hour *cough* (Well I shouldnt really talk. I own both Rush Hour movies. and I like them!)
Old 07-12-03, 10:53 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Originally posted by Groucho
Um...hello, folks? This is a cartoon...there aren't bloopers because cartoon characters don't mess up their lines, trip on scenary, and such.
Are you serious? Did you ever see a Pixar movie? As far as I remember they all have blooper reels. Most of the time they are funnier than the actual movie.
Old 07-12-03, 11:48 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by Lateralus
Are you serious?
It's Groucho. He's serious as often as Wallace Shawn is reported dead, which isn't very often.
Old 07-13-03, 02:11 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 649 Likes on 449 Posts
The original Toy Story didn't have any outtakes. They actually came up with the idea of animating some fake "outtakes" during the making of this film, but were too busy just trying to get it completed in time to do them.

A Bug's Life was the first Pixar film to have outtakes, and the were so popular that Pixar released a second reel of outtakes a few weeks into it's theatrical release.

Toy Story 2 and Monsters Inc. both had outtakes, eventually. Both were initially released without outtakes, but then they were added in a few weeks later as a marketing ploy to generate repeat business.

However, by Monsters Inc., the joke of fake outtakes was wearing thin, in my opinion. I didn't like the outtakes in Monters Inc that much. However, I did very much enjoy the 'company play' bit that ran over the credits as well. That was a riot.

The little 'curtain calls' by the characters in Finding Nemo was nice, and it was different.