Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Movie Talk
Reload this Page >

What's the deal with Bane?

Community
Search
Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-03, 03:46 PM
Cool New Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What we know:
-Bane is Smith.(infected by the Smith virus)
-Bane is the only survivor of 5 ships that the sentinels attacked after one of the ships EMP's went off early.
-Bane is in a coma after the sentinel attack.

What we assume:
-Bane set off the EMP.
-Bane is in a coma similar to Neo's at the end of Reloaded. They are probably both inside the Matrix somehow.

Questions:
-Why didn't the machines kill Bane?

-How did Bane end up in a coma?
Old 06-17-03, 03:59 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Location: City of the lakers.. riots.. and drug dealing cops.. los(t) Angel(e)s. ca.
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Play Enter the Matrix and you will find out that Bane did have a major hand in
"-Bane set off the EMP"

I wouldn't assume that they are in the matrix somehow. they have no connections at that moment.
Old 06-17-03, 10:53 PM
Cool New Member

I did play ETM. Both characters. Twice. He did have a hand in the sabotage, but it's still not 100% certain he set off the EMP. Even 99.9% leaves chance for another explanation. And we all know the W. Bros love surprises.

I wouldn't assume that they are in the matrix somehow. they have no connections at that moment.
Why wouldn't you assume that? Have you seen all the trailers for Revolutions. Piece everything together, from the trailers and the game, and you may come to this conclusion as I have. Besides all that, we know Smith and Neo have a connection. Do you really think it's just a coincidence that they are both unconscious and next to eachother at the end of Reloaded? Neo's powers may have trascended the need to physically plug into the matrix and now he can enter at will.

BUT, I still would like someone to postulate a response to my earlier questions:

-Why didn't the machines kill Bane?

-How did Bane end up in a coma?

Last edited by Brucifer; 06-17-03 at 10:56 PM.
Old 06-17-03, 11:31 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Location: City of the lakers.. riots.. and drug dealing cops.. los(t) Angel(e)s. ca.
if you notice from the trailers for revolutions... Trinity and Morph are both in the matrix. so it's easy to assume that they will go into the matrix in the next film. it's not the best thing to assume that neo and bane/smith are in the matrix right now.
Old 06-18-03, 03:41 PM

I agree with the question about the machines not killing Bane. How would they know it is Smith, and even if they did, isn't he a rogue program they would want to destroy?

I would speculate that (1) the connection between Neo and Smith allowed Bane/Smith to have the same effect on the Sentinals as Neo (i.e. stopping them in their tracks in the real world) and (2) that Bane/Smith lapsed into a coma at the same time as Neo, essentially one caused the other.

As to why, I guess we'll find out in November.
Old 06-18-03, 03:46 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

One note incase you haven't played enter the matrix.

The cut scene shows Bane leaving the ship with everyone dead in it. so he killed them and I assume did the emp leaving the rest sitting ducks and just hung out on the sides as the massacre occured.