DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   Movie Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/movie-talk-17/)
-   -   Inglorious Bastards - Tarantino's Next Project! (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/movie-talk/297791-inglorious-bastards-tarantinos-next-project.html)

Tarantino 06-09-03 07:31 AM

Inglorious Bastards - Tarantino's Next Project!

This has been announced as Quentin Tarantino's next directorial project, after Kill Bill, called Inglorious Bastards...

"A group of disgraced U.S. soldiers during World War Two manage to escape the execution squad by going on a daring mission to help the Allies in the fight against the Nazis."

LivingINClip 06-09-03 07:46 AM

If it's Tarinto count me in, tho' I wish Kill Bill would hurry up and come out ...
:(

jarofclay73 06-09-03 08:20 AM

Sounds like just another war movie. I wonder what QT has in store that makes it different from other war movies. Or, is Tarantino trying to make a foray into really serious drama?

DeputyDave 06-09-03 08:54 AM

Sounds like an exact copy of The Dirty Dozen.

PixyJunket 06-09-03 09:09 AM

Oh boy.. let's see the Jules Winfield/WW2 parody quotes already.. -rolleyes-

Tyler_Durden 06-09-03 09:10 AM

Originally posted by DeputyDave
Sounds like an exact copy of The Dirty Dozen.
...which is why I find it interesting. Tarantino is certainly not going to attempt anything preposterous like "showing the true face of conflict", so this should be a breath of fresh <s>napalm</s> air. The "men on a mission" genre has been defunct for too long and I'm glad somebody (especially Tarantino) is going to revive it.

DeputyDave 06-09-03 09:13 AM

Originally posted by Tyler_Durden
...which is why I find it interesting. Tarantino is certainly not going to attempt anything preposterous like "showing the true face of conflict", so this should be a breath of fresh <s>napalm</s> air. The "men on a mission" genre has been defunct for too long and I'm glad somebody (especially Tarantino) is going to revive it.
I agree with that but my only question is why not make it an original idea. Tarentino has some creativity, he should give it a try.

Groucho 06-09-03 09:15 AM

Link?

A WW2 Tarantino project has rumored for years, as has "The Vega Brothers."

movieking 06-09-03 09:18 AM

i will withhold judgement until I see who is cast, and if is actually gets off the ground.

Sunday Morning 06-09-03 10:28 AM

considering his track record, this one should be released sometime in the year 2008.

Josh-da-man 06-09-03 10:33 AM

Whether or not this will be Tarantino's next movie is still debatable, but I've heard rumors about this project for years. Actually, I remember hearing about this one before I heard about "Kill Bill."

Also, wasn't Adam Sandler potentially attached to star as well?

And there have also been rumors about a Vega Brothers flick. I think the plot was going to revolve around Vincent and Vic co-owning a club or something. Obviously, it would have to be a prequel to both "Pulp" and "Dogs."

xDareDevilx 06-09-03 07:37 PM

I heard about this a long time ago...probably b4 kill bill. Also, it is true that he wanted adam sandler to star in it (at least according to the rumor). I also read recently that the vega brothers film rumor has been confirmed just that, a rumor by QT himself....forget where I read that though.

Rypro 525 06-09-03 07:51 PM

Originally posted by pixyboi
Oh boy.. let's see the Jules Winfield/WW2 parody quotes already.. -rolleyes-
"alright all you motha f**kers, we got a war here, now before we start this motha f**kin war, you got to go f**k one of those fine bitches over there"
(sorry I tried )

Cygnet74 06-09-03 08:38 PM

Originally posted by DeputyDave
I agree with that but my only question is why not make it an original idea. Tarentino has some creativity, he should give it a try.
check this out, might change your opinion of him. is it creative influence or plagiarism? whatever you think, you must acknowledge that no one draws a finer line between theft and homage than Tarantino.

http://www.impossiblefunky.com/qt/RD_4.html

Tarantino 06-09-03 10:52 PM

Aw man, that's so lame. That's like saying that Robocop copied Terminator just because it had robots.

Jeez, this City on Fire/Reservoir Dogs stuff makes me sick.

smw 06-10-03 12:46 AM

even if the premise isnt 100% original Tarantino's gift for dialouge is. This is what ultimately makes his movies what they are.

PalmerJoss 06-10-03 08:54 AM

There have been many false rumors regarding Quentin's next directorial projects ever since Pulp Fiction hit it big, so I take this with a grain of salt.

Chim 06-10-03 11:45 AM

color me disappointed, but I am REALLY REALLY sick with war movies. I don't care how good Tarantino's knack for dialogue is, its just going to be another sensational war movie that everyone forgets about a couple months after its release.

How he could chose this over The Vega Brothers is beyond me

Pants 06-10-03 12:04 PM

Originally posted by cygnet74
check this out, might change your opinion of him. is it creative influence or plagiarism? whatever you think, you must acknowledge that no one draws a finer line between theft and homage than Tarantino.

http://www.impossiblefunky.com/qt/RD_4.html

How is anything at that retarded site supposed to change my mind about Tarantino? I already knew about the City on Fire thing. Tarantino has always been up front about the infuence that asian cinema has had on his films. I don't understand the bug in that guys ass.

Groucho 06-10-03 12:06 PM

Originally posted by Tarantino
Aw man, that's so lame. That's like saying that Robocop copied Terminator just because it had robots.

Jeez, this City on Fire/Reservoir Dogs stuff makes me sick.

Have you seen City of Fire? It's more than just a casual thing like "they both have robots."

Tarantino 06-10-03 04:35 PM

No, not really. As you can see by my guzzlefish list, I own it. I don't see that many similarities.

Goat3001 06-10-03 07:17 PM

Re: Inglorious Bastards - Tarantino's Next Project!

Originally posted by Tarantino

I'm such a Tarantino mark!

Really?!?! I never would've guessed. ;)

Tarantino 06-10-03 10:28 PM

:)

Slow Hands 02-08-05 09:28 PM

from today's darkhorizons.com:

Inglorious Bastards
According to the HSX, Quentin Tarantino has penned parts for both Sylvester Stallone and Bruce Willis in his upcoming war epic "Inglorious Bastards". Attached already are Adam Sandler, Michael Madsen and Bo Svenson. Miramax will distribute the film which revolves around a group of disgraced U.S. soldiers during WW2 who manage to escape the execution squad by going on a daring mission to help the Allies in the fight against the Nazis.

RaraFemina 02-08-05 10:12 PM

I'm so there! Sounds good!