DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   Movie Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/movie-talk-17/)
-   -   MTV Movie Awards. (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/movie-talk/297198-mtv-movie-awards.html)

Rogue588 06-05-03 09:40 PM

MTV Movie Awards.

Just caught a little of this..

Gollum was friggin' hilarious!

t.A.T.u? Your act is tired and you're on 14:59:59.

Changing the channel now..

nightwing82 06-05-03 09:43 PM

Gollum was indeed hilarious. Best part so far. Most of the Sean/Justin skits are not funny at all. Last year was better with Jack Black and SMG.

The best part of the tatu thing was Hilary Duff introducing them :)

Giles 06-05-03 09:47 PM

Let's hope the Gollum win is included on the "Two Towers" DVD, I was laughing so hard that I missed alot of what he was saying.

conscience 06-05-03 10:17 PM

Demi Moore :drool:

Too bad she is with Ashton Kutcher now.

Goldberg74 06-05-03 10:18 PM

I loved the themes and the cell-shaded intros/animations of JT and SMS.

High Spots: Gollum, Vince "Mr. Ass" Vaughn, Mariah Carey's inclusion in the "Virtual Performance" tribute

Mid Spots: The "Matrix"-like intro, Peter Jackson baggin' on Théoden and Aragorn, and Yoda giving props to the "Queen"!

Low Spot: Puffy waving discarded skirts like pom-poms during the t.A.T.u performance... sad, sad, sad...

Goldberg74 06-05-03 10:19 PM

Originally posted by Giles
Let's hope the Gollum win is included on the "Two Towers" DVD, I was laughing so hard that I missed alot of what he was saying.
Aw come on, you know you can catch it on one of the 200+ encore performances this summer on MTV!

Joeboo835 06-05-03 10:28 PM

I thought the Tatu thing ruled. The music sucks, but i liked the decorations.

The Gollum thing was the best thing ever on these Movie Awards.

Get Me Coffee 06-05-03 10:42 PM

Originally posted by conscience
Demi Moore :drool:

Too bad she is with Ashton Kutcher now.

or you would have a shot with her....errrr? :lol:

Yoda was funny too!

Nothing beats will ferrell!!!! That was just great!

conscience 06-05-03 10:52 PM

Originally posted by White Knight
or you would have a shot with her....errrr? :lol:
Nooooooo.

I just liked knowing she was on the market.

Damn you depressed me.

;)

Get Me Coffee 06-05-03 11:27 PM

:lol: sorry man! I hate to break it to you. ;) But she does look very hot! Bet Bruce was home saying DAMN she's hot!

the aftermath 06-06-03 12:10 AM

rotfl Gollum was hilarious. Tatu is hot. My oh my.

thegame370 06-06-03 12:55 AM

I liked Neo being asked to the Robot and saying, "No, I cant, what if i fail?". Funny!

MrX 06-06-03 01:02 AM

Will Ferrell as the architect from reloaded and Gollum were the high spots of the show for me.

I was rotfl when Will called Neo pussywhipped.

C-Mart 06-06-03 01:24 AM

Ok, seriously, I NEED the Gollum acceptance in an audio clip. Maybe I'll try to capture it, but if anyone can help me out I would be eternally gratefull!

joeydaninja 06-06-03 02:43 AM

was there a Best New Filmmaker award this year?

outcastja 06-06-03 05:46 AM

Even though I like the "I got mail" bit on Crank Yankers, I found Eminem's version real annoying.

Joeboo835 06-06-03 07:30 AM

Can someone fill me in on the Eminem speech at the end? What the hell was he saying?

And can someone also explain the popularity of 50 cent? Like 99% of rap, I couldn't understand a word he said except for the ever present line of any rap song "Its your birthday". God, can we think of something new? All rap is identical now. I seriously could do a rap album right now without any problem, i'd just need a hype machine to sell records.

Joeboo835 06-06-03 07:32 AM

Btw, who was the woman that introduced Puffy and Ashton?

mediabear 06-06-03 07:51 AM

Originally posted by joeydaninja
was there a Best New Filmmaker award this year?
No. They also did not have a lifetime achievement award like they have previously given each year. I always enjoyed that because it was always to unusual winners such as Chewbacca.

PixyJunket 06-06-03 07:59 AM

Originally posted by nightwing82
The best part of the tatu thing was Hilary Duff introducing them :)
Hilary.. :drool:

BDB 06-06-03 09:36 AM

she was from chasing papi

http://us.imdb.com/Name?Sanchez,%20Roselyn

BDB 06-06-03 09:42 AM

they sure cropped it for tv, asI had seen pics of Beckham and Posh Spice presenting
Spoiler:
Colin Farrell with best international star

tofu 06-06-03 10:11 AM

Originally posted by Joeboo835
Can someone fill me in on the Eminem speech at the end? What the hell was he saying?

And can someone also explain the popularity of 50 cent? Like 99% of rap, I couldn't understand a word he said except for the ever present line of any rap song "Its your birthday". God, can we think of something new? All rap is identical now. I seriously could do a rap album right now without any problem, i'd just need a hype machine to sell records.

Eminem was inserting "Got Male" into his speech every other word or so.

mdc3000 06-06-03 10:22 AM

Originally posted by BadlyDrawnBoy
they sure cropped it for tv, asI had seen pics of Beckham and Posh Spice presenting
Spoiler:
Colin Farrell with best international star

um...yeah...this was in the show...

MATT

Joeboo835 06-06-03 10:31 AM

Originally posted by tofu
Eminem was inserting "Got Male" into his speech every other word or so.
I know, but what i mean is I didn't get the joke.