Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

MTV Movie Awards.

Old 06-07-03, 05:41 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Just watching the show now, and haven't seen a lot of the things that has been mentioned here (Tatu, Gollum, etc). So far it is okay. I don't really like the hosts.

BTW, the chicks from Tatu are fuggly!
Old 06-07-03, 05:54 PM
Banned

I'm watching it right now and damn is 50 cent horrible !

Also what's up with with Pink licking a female dancer's face during her performance lol

Also the eminem ' glitter ' comment is so hilarious, I mean this guy is so obviously pissed off that Mariah didn't want to go out with him. There's no other explanation as to why he would bring this up 2 years after Glitter came out, I mean that's over, let's move on.
Old 06-07-03, 08:31 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Did Yoda thank Hayden Christianson? I don't remember him mentioning his name. Just curious...
Old 06-07-03, 10:14 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Kirsten Dunst needs to lay off the Percidan. She seemed so loopy up there. But I did find it hilarious when she said Daredevil stole Spiderman's kissing idea with the rain...and then cutting to Jennifer Garner.

----

Eminem was very annoying

----

Tatu were ugly.

----

Pink was hot

----

Justin was gay

----

Etc. Etc.
Old 06-07-03, 10:15 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally posted by pixyboi
Pics of Hilary Duff at the show please.
psst http://i.imdb.com/Photos/Events/2008...161130_400.jpg
Old 06-08-03, 08:00 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I think the girl that presented with Hillary Duff is WAY better looking then her. No idea what her name is.
Old 06-08-03, 08:14 PM
DVD Talk Legend

That is the other Uberteen of the moment, Amanda Bynes.
Old 06-08-03, 09:44 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally posted by Joeboo835
Btw, who was the woman that introduced Puffy and Ashton?
Roselyn Sanchez

Old 06-08-03, 10:32 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Location: City of the lakers.. riots.. and drug dealing cops.. los(t) Angel(e)s. ca.
Originally posted by pixyboi
Hilary looks better than both of them combined!!

Do not pass go, go directly to jail, do not collect your $200..

Jail bait my friend.. jail bait..
Old 06-08-03, 10:42 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

excuse me as i run to my room and lock the door!

Originally posted by brizz
Roselyn Sanchez

Old 06-08-03, 11:50 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Who the hell is that? God damn...
Old 06-09-03, 01:13 AM
Banned

Originally posted by Joeboo835
Can someone fill me in on the Eminem speech at the end? What the hell was he saying?

And can someone also explain the popularity of 50 cent? Like 99% of rap, I couldn't understand a word he said except for the ever present line of any rap song "Its your birthday". God, can we think of something new? All rap is identical now. I seriously could do a rap album right now without any problem, i'd just need a hype machine to sell records.

You're not alone on this one.
Old 06-09-03, 01:23 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Location: City of the lakers.. riots.. and drug dealing cops.. los(t) Angel(e)s. ca.
I didn't get the point of eminem's speech either. found it strange. as for 50 cent, I'm not a fan but the beat is something that sounded decent.
Old 06-09-03, 08:37 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

The only time you'll hear the actual lyrics without all the background rappers is on the CD, that's it. I hate going to rap concerts cause I can't really listen to the music.

Other than that, where's Amanda Bynes from?
Old 06-09-03, 08:42 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally posted by edytwinky
Other than that, where's Amanda Bynes from?
Started on some Nickelodeon shows, been in a couple movies this year (Big Fat Liar and What a Girl Wants).. and has her own TV show (which isn't that bad, considering) on the WB.
Old 06-09-03, 08:49 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 68 Likes on 50 Posts
Originally posted by 12thmonkey
It's actually "mail" not "male", and it's a reference from a sound clip heard on Howard Stern's radio show from comedian Jim Florentine, in which he imitates a mentally challenged person while making prank phone calls. He repeats "I got mail" and "YAY!" over and over....
Actually it would be "male." The award was for best "male" performance. He was pumping the award each time he said it as well.
I didn't see much of the show but this I caught and I put it on mute until he was off the screen. ANNOYING AS HELL.

I don't get the 50 cent thing either. One minute you are a nobody, the next a record company spends a bil on marketing and BAMM! You have yourself a hit record.
Old 06-09-03, 09:50 AM

Funny or not, Tolkien is rolling over in his grave after that Gollum speech.
Old 06-09-03, 11:07 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

What I didn't get about 50 cent was the many celebrities after the show mentioning that as a highlight. Excuse me, but it sucked.
Old 06-09-03, 11:56 AM

Originally posted by Ginwen
What I didn't get about 50 cent was the many celebrities after the show mentioning that as a highlight. Excuse me, but it sucked.
Well, here's the deal....50 Cent is the biggest thing in music this year by a longshot. His CD has sold like crazy, which I'm sure you know, and he has probably 5 or 6 hit songs on the radio that he has a part in. Not to mention "In Da Club" was the anthem of every party for the last 5 months and will be so for more.

When my 50 year old Mom starts mentioning him and his "beats", you know he is big. People love that song and most of his others, and he has a huge buzz or whatever all over Hollywood and such.

If you don't like them music, that's one thing...but the guy put out a amazing rap album, and he is simply the biggest thing right now. I thought his performance was alright (only Eminem, IMO, can perform rap well, live) but it wasn't awful or anything. I would've loved to see him perform in person too.

And I am a huge punk fan
Old 06-09-03, 12:12 PM

I kinda thought the Keanu Reeves thing, with him saying he won't say that "word" was funny. I wonder who's idea that was? And was that Andy Richter out there? And no wonder Demi Moore has been hiding lately (yuck)
Old 06-09-03, 12:30 PM
Banned

Originally posted by PJsig08
Well, here's the deal....50 Cent is the biggest thing in music this year by a longshot. His CD has sold like crazy, which I'm sure you know, and he has probably 5 or 6 hit songs on the radio that he has a part in. Not to mention "In Da Club" was the anthem of every party for the last 5 months and will be so for more.

When my 50 year old Mom starts mentioning him and his "beats", you know he is big. People love that song and most of his others, and he has a huge buzz or whatever all over Hollywood and such.

If you don't like them music, that's one thing...but the guy put out a amazing rap album, and he is simply the biggest thing right now. I thought his performance was alright (only Eminem, IMO, can perform rap well, live) but it wasn't awful or anything. I would've loved to see him perform in person too.

And I am a huge punk fan
Well here's the real deal: HE SUCKS! He has an album with 22 tracks and one listenable song. Everyone who owns the album only listens to the one song. It's a $14 single.
Old 06-09-03, 12:41 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Location: WAS looking for My Own Private Stuckeyville, but stuck in Liberty City (while missing Vice City)
Not only that, but his "beats" are courtesy of a man that could make a pile of steaming turd sound good..

As for the "celebrities" saying his was a highlight performance...it's not like they had much to choose from..
Originally posted by Sernov
And was that Andy Richter out there? And no wonder Demi Moore has been hiding lately (yuck)
Yep, that was Andy. And, it's amazing what some $$$ can buy. It's a shame too because I liked Demi pre-surgical enhancement..
Old 06-09-03, 12:52 PM
Suspended

Originally posted by brizz
Roselyn Sanchez

Holy mother of god!!

I bet this chick takes dumps better looking than Tatu.
Old 06-09-03, 01:27 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally posted by Pants
Well here's the real deal: HE SUCKS! He has an album with 22 tracks and one listenable song. Everyone who owns the album only listens to the one song. It's a $14 single.
I actually listen to the whole album but thanks anyways for speaking for me and the other people who bought 50 cent's album.
Old 06-09-03, 03:02 PM
mwj

The reason the celebrities fawned all over 50 cent is because everyone under the age of 25 has been conditioned to believe Black=Cool. Celebrities are no different. I won't comment on 50 cent beats because I hate Rap. And I can't comment on his lyrics because most of them were unintelligible to me.

Pink proved as bad and unattractive as she on video, you really have to see he live appreciate her true awfulness.

Roselyn Sanchez is really hot. Thanks for the picture. You know who else really looked good, Alyson Hannigan.

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.