Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Movie Talk
Reload this Page >

No more Lizzie McGuire??!?!

Community
Search
Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-03, 11:58 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Location: WAS looking for My Own Private Stuckeyville, but stuck in Liberty City (while missing Vice City)
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So...how long before the inevitable Stuff/Maxim/FHM photo shoot..?
[From Yahoo.com]

'Lizzie McGuire' Star, Disney Part Ways

The star of the Disney Channel's hit "Lizzie McGuire" sitcom and its spin-off film is parting ways with the company that catapulted her to fame.

After weeks of negotiations over the future of 15-year-old Hillary Duff's career, the two sides confirmed Friday that they have split, the Los Angeles Times reported Saturday.

Disney was eager to hold on to the profitable "McGuire" franchise, but Duff wanted to move beyond the role as the awkward but cute middle-schooler that has brought her a devoted following among "tweens" children ages 9 to 14.

And the Houston native reportedly wanted more for an expanded TV series and movie sequel than Disney was willing to pay. She received $1 million for the first "Lizzie" film.

"We very much wanted to continue the Lizzie franchise," said Disney Studios production chief Nina Jacobson, "but every deal has its tipping point, the point at which it no longer makes sense. Unfortunately, that's the point we reached in the Lizzie negotiations."

The actress is shooting the 20th Century Fox film "Cheaper by the Dozen" and begin work on the Warner Bros. film "Cinderella Story" next month.
Old 05-28-03, 12:09 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 1,793 Likes on 1,121 Posts
Re: No more Lizzie McGuire??!?!

Originally posted by Rogue588

Honestly? I hope soon. She's HOT.
Old 05-28-03, 07:57 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts
Re: No more Lizzie McGuire??!?!

Originally posted by Rogue588
Forget those-how about Penthouse (when she's of age of course)?

I thought they cancelled the show a few months ago. Don't they have a limit as to how many episodes they make?
Old 05-28-03, 08:03 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Disney TV series have a limit to 65 episodes..

Whatever she decides to do, I'll be there!
Old 05-28-03, 10:35 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

She pulled a David Caruso. It's probably her manager and parent's fault for being greedy.
Old 05-28-03, 10:39 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 26 Likes on 14 Posts
I think the fact that she's only 15 and 3(!) years away from being legal should um... make you guys avoid the nudity talk Unless of course you're under 18 as well.... but still...
Old 05-28-03, 10:58 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Hey, it's Disney's fault!
If they didn't want us thinking those things they wouldn't be flashing her all over the place like a little sex symbol.
Old 05-28-03, 11:00 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Well, I don't think we can even post pics since she's only 15
Old 05-28-03, 11:08 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I was sad to see Hilary and Disney split over this kind of issue, but I think Hilary will have no problem moving on and having a very successful career outside of the House of Mouse... I was really looking forward to a second Lizzie movie...but maybe they can make a Matt McGuire flick...that kid is friggin hilarious.

MATT
Old 05-28-03, 02:15 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 23 Likes on 11 Posts
I met this girl once at a party. Was pretty hot in person but was kinda bitchy. I'm not too surprised though, shes 15, all 15 year old girls are kinda bitchy. Hopefully she'll snap out of it when she gets a little older, and then I'll hit it.
Old 05-28-03, 02:26 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally posted by Goat3001
I met this girl once at a party. Was pretty hot in person but was kinda bitchy. I'm not too surprised though, shes 15, all 15 year old girls are kinda bitchy. Hopefully she'll snap out of it when she gets a little older, and then I'll hit it.
I would've hit it and fled the country, Polanski style.
Old 05-28-03, 02:30 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 23 Likes on 11 Posts
Originally posted by pixyboi

Hey I would've seriously tried to hit it too if there weren't better looking and cooler girls at the party.
Old 05-28-03, 02:51 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally posted by pixyboi
DING! We have sig material!
Old 05-28-03, 03:15 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally posted by Brain Stew
DING! We have sig material!
Sig material? That's T-Shirt material baby!
Old 05-28-03, 09:23 PM
Needs to provide a working email

Originally posted by fumanstan
I think the fact that she's only 15 and 3(!) years away from being legal should um... make you guys avoid the nudity talk Unless of course you're under 18 as well.... but still...
Doesn't the Bible say "if there beith grass on the feild, playest thou ball"?
Old 05-28-03, 09:29 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

This girl should have had a long talk with Larissa Olenyik and Melissa Joan Hart.
Old 05-28-03, 09:37 PM
Banned

She kinda looks like Jenna Jameson...
Let's hope she'll have as good career as Jenna!
Old 05-28-03, 09:47 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally posted by Goat3001

Hey I would've seriously tried to hit it too if there weren't better looking and cooler girls at the party.
What party was this, and can you please invite me next time you're attending one!!!!!!!!!!!!!! DAMN!

MATT
Old 05-29-03, 08:55 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally posted by The Nature Boy
This girl should have had a long talk with Larissa Olenyik and Melissa Joan Hart.
Larissa Olenyik

I loved the Secret World of Alex Mac, although secretly I had hoped that her secret world involved lesbians and copious amounts of sex. Oh well...
Old 05-29-03, 08:03 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally posted by The Nature Boy
Very true, but she's had the Disney machine pushing her for so long and so hard that its bound to provide some kind of momentum.

Whether she can sustain that momentum depends on her choices and the markets reactions, which can be unpredicatable.

But I'd like to have a talk with Larissa Oleynik....light on the talking. Man I loved Alex Mack (the show)
Old 05-29-03, 08:51 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I wish all teen franchises would come and go as quickly.
Old 05-29-03, 10:50 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally posted by clemente
Very true, but she's had the Disney machine pushing her for so long and so hard that its bound to provide some kind of momentum.

Whether she can sustain that momentum depends on her choices and the markets reactions, which can be unpredicatable.

But I'd like to have a talk with Larissa Oleynik....light on the talking. Man I loved Alex Mack (the show)
Well at the risk of being painfully annecdotal, I consider myself an average television viewer. Not too little, not too much, a median viewer. Right or wrong I may be. But I'm not a Nickelodeon viewer, nor have I been for 15 years. But I was well aware of Olenyik and Hart through their television runs. Me personally, I'd never heard of Hilary Duff until I saw her mug showing up on posters proclaiming the Lizze Mag movie. Just my personal Q rating, but for what it's worth, I hear hide nor hair of her til this release. Whereas I had with the others. Not entirely relevant in any stretch because I"m not a 14 year old girl, who she's apparentely marketed to. But the fact remains, there seems to be a very visible shelf life to teen stars, and she'd have been wise to milk it for all it was worth.
Old 05-30-03, 08:32 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts
Granted, we're not teenage girls, but to that audience, she's a name. If she can sustain that audience while building it, that audience can grow older with her and thus sustain her popularity.

I don't take you for a Disney Channel viewer, but she's been the channel's biggest start for years, its not much, but its something that can be built upon and has been started to be built upon.

And I suddenly feel very sad that we're having this discussion at any depth beyond "Damn, if she was legal"