Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Movie Talk
Reload this Page >

a Trinity question. Beware [spoiler]s inside!

Community
Search
Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-03, 03:52 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Location: Austin, Texas XboxLIVE Gamertag: Golucky Timezone: Central (CST)
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

When Trinity is falling from the building, she turns around and shoots at the agent. Why does Trinity take the time to shoot at the agent, when she is about to die?!?!?!

Don't we learn in the first movie that if you fall from a tall building and hit the ground then you will die. right?!?!? If you don't, then what was the whole point of the jump program?!?!?!
Old 05-21-03, 03:58 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
might as well take the bastard with you
Old 05-21-03, 04:06 PM

I just remember to evasive moves Trinity had in M1 and believe she could have used some here. The length of the fall should have left oppritunities open for moves by both Trinity and the Agent (to many rounds in the air for just one impact). Then again Neo had to save her from something and bring her back to life.
Old 05-21-03, 04:49 PM

Yea, why the hell would she jump out of a 40 story building? Wouldn't that be suicide? No way she could survive that even if she did bend the Matrix rules a bit.
Old 05-21-03, 04:53 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 32 Likes on 26 Posts
it's obvious guys! she jumped out of that tall building, facing almost certain death, so she could be saved at the last second by neo. she knew all along! trinity is the true "one" she can see the future!

Old 05-21-03, 04:57 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Location: City of the lakers.. riots.. and drug dealing cops.. los(t) Angel(e)s. ca.
40 story building leaves a lot of time to do something to get you out of it. kick off the building into another window. Either way that was the only way she could get out.
Old 05-21-03, 05:22 PM

But was she really cornered, I can't remember?
Old 05-21-03, 05:27 PM
TCG
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally posted by Jamers
Yeah, she was. If she didnt jump out, the Agents woulda easily killed her.
Old 05-21-03, 05:27 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Pretty much, there was an Agent to her side shooting at her and one in the door way shooting at her. The only way out was through the window
Old 05-21-03, 05:30 PM
Suspended

She had to get out of the building as quickly as she could.

Jumping out of the window was the only means to do so.

She kept on shooting back at the Agent because she thought she could kill him before she would hit the ground and save herself.
Old 05-21-03, 05:30 PM

Don't forget that when she jumps off the motorcycle to get in she is a good 20 feet+ up and falls to the ground without even hesitating. I am assuming that she knew she could probably survice this fall.
Old 05-21-03, 05:45 PM

You know if anyone in this movie knew how to aim a gun then most of this would be a moot point.
Old 05-21-03, 06:03 PM
DVD Talk Legend

You know if anyone in this movie knew how to aim a gun then most of this would be a moot point.
This is the funniest thing I have read in this entire sub-forum.
Old 05-21-03, 10:00 PM

i keep hearing a rumour that Trinity will turn out to be an agent...does anyone put any credence in this? i cant see any hints at it at all!
Old 05-21-03, 10:22 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Not sure how she can be an agent since she also exists in the real world. Of course, now agent Smith is there now so I guess it is possible. Or the whole Miam thing. Anyway...

BTW: In the game, Enter the Matrix, you die if you fall more than 20 feet or so. To stay consistent, she would have died from the fall anyway.
Old 05-22-03, 04:07 AM

Ever since I saw the trailer showing Trinity falling and the agent following, I wanted to see the agent dodging the bullets with their blurrign thingy in the air... like when Neo shot one in the first one and when one of the twins shot the agent on the roof in the car. Oh well.... would've been cool.
Old 05-22-03, 05:10 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Location: City of the lakers.. riots.. and drug dealing cops.. los(t) Angel(e)s. ca.
Originally posted by Ketamine
BTW: In the game, Enter the Matrix, you die if you fall more than 20 feet or so. To stay consistent, she would have died from the fall anyway.

They don't have to stay consistent at all. the game is set up like that so you can't abuse it and it still has levels of challange to it all. Notice how trinity survived that parking structure to security stop fall no problem. all she did was kick off something, the bike in the early/later experience and she landed right. I assume she could have done the same.
Old 05-22-03, 07:26 AM
Cool New Member

I keep thinking trinity is an agent to because in the M1 when there attempting to escape after seeing the Oracle Morphus motions to Cypher for his cell phone, but trinity quickly states "no use mine, they will be able to track yours." That scene struck me as being odd. I thought maybe she's an agent. Any thoughts?
Old 05-22-03, 09:07 AM

good thing Cypher didn't have to give his phone up, it was in the trashcan outside...............no way trinity is an agent
Old 05-22-03, 04:56 PM
TCG
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally posted by sol4real
I keep thinking trinity is an agent to because in the M1 when there attempting to escape after seeing the Oracle Morphus motions to Cypher for his cell phone, but trinity quickly states "no use mine, they will be able to track yours." That scene struck me as being odd. I thought maybe she's an agent. Any thoughts?
No, you can see Cypher pretend to look for his phone, until Trinity pulls out hers. She says, "They'll be able to trace it." As in, the Agents would be able to trace any phones at that time. Not just Morpheus'. And Morpehus replies, "we have no choice."