DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   Movie Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/movie-talk-17/)
-   -   Movies You'd Like To Have Seen Made By Other Directors (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/movie-talk/293824-movies-youd-like-have-seen-made-other-directors.html)

vedderstapp 05-21-03 07:54 AM

Movies You'd Like To Have Seen Made By Other Directors

Wouldn't it be cool if M.Night Shyamalan had made The Ring, or if someone talented had made Star Wars 1 or 2?

What if Kevin Smith was to have made Pulp Fiction

Samuel L.Jackson: ' That IS a tasty burger. Too bad it looks like someone **** in their cereal'

Are there any movies you guys would have liked other director to make?

inri222 05-21-03 09:59 AM

AI - Stanley Kubrick

The Nature Boy 05-21-03 10:49 AM

American Psycho- David Fincher(so close to being a good movie)
Shaft Remake-Quentin Tarantino or Walter Hill
Popeye- Terry Gilliam or Robert Zemeckis
The Way of the Gun - Quentin Taratino(with appropriate dialogue rewrites)
Resident Evil- John Carpenter or Romero(first choice actually)
Catch Me if You Can- George Roy Hill
Minority Report-Ridley Scott
Road Trip-The Farrelly Bros
Boondock Saints- John Woo(don't know he would have gotten the Irish nuance, but the gunplay would have been terrific)
Star Wars Episode I and II- Beetlejuice from the Stern Show(basically anyone but Pucas.

rfduncan 05-21-03 11:46 AM

The Harry Potter films - Steven Spielberg (would have paid more attention to the WONDEROUS details of the books than Columbus did :()

audrey 05-21-03 11:58 AM

Definately AI.

devilshalo 05-21-03 12:19 PM

Batman - D. Fincher or Alex Proyas (makes me wonder how dark they could make the Dark Knight.)

joeydaninja 05-21-03 01:18 PM

Ep. 1 and 2 by John Woo or Michael Bay

hmurchison 05-22-03 10:43 AM

Lord of the Rings- Michael Bay

Forget Sauron MB would have blown Middle Earth to bits! :P

Giles 05-22-03 10:48 AM

any of these new Hollywood action movies with martial arts (Replacement Killers) where the director shoots the action scenes to tight and way to close. The camera distance from the action is really important IMO, and I haven't seen one Hollywood film (sans Matrix) where the director knows how to film a fight sequence.

PixyJunket 05-22-03 11:10 AM

Wow.. 3 Lucas bashers already. Do you guys have a system tray icon or something that flashes "ALERT: Opportunity to insult George Lucas on DVDTalk!"?

movielib 05-22-03 11:39 AM

The Keep - Peter Jackson

Giles 05-22-03 11:48 AM

Originally posted by movielib
The Keep - Peter Jackson
Spoiler:
one could only imagine the mayhem of the massacre scene, that is only suggested and shown as an afterthought in Mann's film adaptation.

evenflow 05-22-03 12:04 PM

Originally posted by pixyboi
Do you guys have a system tray icon or something that flashes "ALERT: Opportunity to insult George Lucas on DVDTalk!"?
Yes.

GuessWho 05-22-03 01:23 PM

All the Star Wars movies except The Empire Strikes Back...

to be directed by the guy who directed The Empire Strikes Back

JesseCuster 05-22-03 02:20 PM

It was a miniseries but I'd give anything to see a gifted director tackle Stephen King's The Stand, such as George Romero, who was once attached to it.

F For Fake 05-22-03 02:39 PM

Star Wars Episodes I, II, presumably III, and IV. The two best films in the series are the two George didn't direct. The man has no ear for dialogue or any clue on how to work with actors. I'm not sure who would be a better choice, but I'd take almost anyone over the bearded one.

jiggawhat 05-22-03 05:00 PM

Matrix Reloaded.

Azazoth 05-22-03 07:50 PM

David Lynch's Return of the Jedi
Orson Welles' Heart of Darkness (ie. Apocalypse Now)
James Cameron's Spider-Man

GoldenJCJ 05-22-03 07:58 PM

Steven Soderbergh - Jackie Brown
Bryan singer - Spiderman

DVDGUY1116 05-22-03 08:18 PM

I would like to have seen Tim Burton try his hand at one of the Harry Potter's, Lord of the Rings(just because it would be interesting not because PJ isn't doing a good job because he is), Star Wars, From Hell, Spawn, Men in Black, and the Addams Family.