Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Movie Talk
Reload this Page >

What is this 1% Anomalie? (Possible Spoilers)

Community
Search
Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-03, 10:09 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I’ve done some reading around in other threads so I think this is it but I’m not sure. The anomalie is that "the one"s have power to change things in the matrix. That a program this big has bugs and these people learn to exploit them. The Architect is trying to bring him in to look at Neo's code and fix it so the same thing doesn’t happen twice.

If this is the case then I have some more questions.

1) With each upgrade to the matrix making it harder to be “the one” then “the ones” get stronger and stronger right. So Neo might just be to strong for them to control

2) With Trinity and Morpheus they can also bend the rules of the matrix so are they considered part of this Anomaly or is it just “The Ones” that have more power to change things

Or if im completly off please let me know.

Thanks
Old 05-20-03, 10:51 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
No, the 1% anomoly simply states that 1% of the population will not accept the Matrix as it exists. They will feel that something isn't right and search for greater meaning to their lives. I don't believe it has anything to do with powers specifically.
Old 05-20-03, 11:22 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I wonder what happens to this 1% ... when they don't accept the Matrix.
Old 05-21-03, 12:39 AM

I believe this 1% are the people who ask themselves "What is the Matrix?", such as Neo and Trinity. These are the people that are unplugged by the people in Zion.
Old 05-21-03, 12:51 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

These are the people that are unplugged by the people in Zion.
But how does Zion find out about them?
Old 05-21-03, 01:16 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Location: City of the lakers.. riots.. and drug dealing cops.. los(t) Angel(e)s. ca.
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Zion is started by those who have been unplugged by the matrix. how do they find out? By hacking into the matrix. those who feel that the real world isn't real or they have strange dreams will seek them out and the folks broadcasting with find them.
Old 05-21-03, 02:22 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Location: City of the lakers.. riots.. and drug dealing cops.. los(t) Angel(e)s. ca.
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re: What is this 1% Anomalie? (Possible Spoilers)

Originally posted by Kaffe_02

2) With Trinity and Morpheus they can also bend the rules of the matrix so are they considered part of this Anomaly or is it just “The Ones” that have more power to change things

Hey, when you're cowboy cutris.. you don't need to bend the rules and dodge bullets.. you could just sing a song and scare the agents away..

Old 05-21-03, 07:28 AM

Re: Re: What is this 1% Anomalie? (Possible Spoilers)

Originally posted by Jackskeleton
Hey, when you're cowboy cutris.. you don't need to bend the rules and dodge bullets.. you could just sing a song and scare the agents away..

Thats damn funny
Old 05-21-03, 10:55 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 28 Likes on 9 Posts
The way I understood it, Zion was in a way created by the machines in order to get those 1% removed from the Matrix so they don't disrupt the system. When Zion reaches a certain critcal population, the machines wipe them out and start over.