Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Movie Talk
Reload this Page >

Matrix 7.0 [Spoiler]

Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

Matrix 7.0 [Spoiler]

Old 05-20-03, 02:09 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Matrix 7.0 [Spoiler]

I think this theory has been touched on by others in previous threads, but not completely.

When Neo left the Architect. He re-entered the Matrix. He was "Reloaded" into it. His choice had already been made long before he walked through a door. The Oracle knew it, and so would the Architect. No matter which door he went through, the Architect could make the outcome he desired, because he knew what Neo would do. The problem is choice.

I'm not sure how many people survived the attack on Zion, but it wasn't many. Could it have been 23? They could have already started the new matrix and not be aware of it. The best way to keep everyone in line is to make them think they are already free and fighting for the cause.

Neo's new ability to sense the sentinals could be because they are now included in the new version of the matrix. They are no longer in the "Real World". That is, if they ever were.

Does this work for anyone else, or am I alone on this one?

Last edited by Destro; 05-20-03 at 02:13 AM.
Old 05-20-03, 02:42 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Location: City of the lakers.. riots.. and drug dealing cops.. los(t) Angel(e)s. ca.
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
again.. ZION HAS NOT BEEN ATTACKED YET!! the only attack that did happen in the "real world" was the ambush of the robots on the ships in the main lines. that's it. no one in zion is dead and the matrix has not crashed yet.

Also, the "new" zion was going to be made up of 23 people from the matrix. new blood that are not aware that a previous zion existed. The key here is that the civilization can't find out about it's past or else the cycle will never end.

Now for Neo's choice. I'm inclined to say that the architect assumed the 1% will choose to save the lives of the people of zion aswell as the folks in the matrix. Holding on to a silly hope that he could free those folks still in the matrix and keep zion alive opposed to door #2 which was everyone would be dead period. This is the choice the past 5 "ones" have made because of the architect's bluff to destroy all mankind. the main thing about all this is the key issue of choice is played up throughout the film. choice is something the machines and programs feel that we donot really have, everything is already set in motion and can not be changed. Someone said that the machines Lack the ability to make a choice because it is something they do not understand. this is why the machines need humans to make that choice for them. to continue the cycle or to just end it and kill off all humans.

I assume neo was the first "one" to pick door #2 and go against the bluff of the architect going against the idea that people don't have a choice. "What we do from here is up to us" isn't that the last line in the matrix? points out that neo is all up for choice.
Old 05-20-03, 03:14 AM

You don't know which door Neo picked. All we saw was a door blistering and then we see an explosion. He doesn't calmly walk through a door.

Also - how sure are we that we are in fact seeing his selection and not watching a monitor that shows one of the possible paths he could take - but has not taken.

Could revolutions start out with him back in the architects office, still thinking of what he is going to do?

Tman
Old 05-20-03, 03:26 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Location: City of the lakers.. riots.. and drug dealing cops.. los(t) Angel(e)s. ca.
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I don't think we would be left in a cliff hanger of what "could have been". it was clear which door neo picked:

There are two doors, the door to your right leads to the source and the salvation of Zion, the door to your left leads back to the matrix to her and to the end of your species
He picked door #2.

My assumption on how Revolutions will begin... with trinity somehow. why? first and second follow that order. trinity is the opening of the film in some action.
Old 05-20-03, 08:52 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 31 Likes on 25 Posts
Originally posted by Jackskeleton
again.. ZION HAS NOT BEEN ATTACKED YET!! the only attack that did happen in the "real world" was the ambush of the robots on the ships in the main lines. that's it. no one in zion is dead and the matrix has not crashed yet.
i know! i wonder if a lot of people here even watched the same movie. or if they even paid attention.

there was discussion of the plan to intersect the machines, and then there was talk of what happened when they did. no one ever says zion is destroyed.

it's the same with the "matrix crashing." people think the sentinels stopped because the matrix crashed. again, this is NEVER said in the movie. and why in the hell would the sentinels be attached to the matrix? i guess it's possible that if the matrix crashed, everyone attached to it would die, thus cutting off power to the machines. but i don't think the wachowskis are killing everyone off just yet.
Old 05-20-03, 09:04 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally posted by Big Boy Laroux
i know! i wonder if a lot of people here even watched the same movie. or if they even paid attention.
I don't like to slag people, but even people I know seems to be saying some extremely stupid **** about this flick... I am surprised that so many people jump to quite ridiculous conclusions... now, of course I think I know exactly what happens in the film, but I guess seeing it 4 times so far couldn't hurt my understanding... but some peoples posts just mystify me... like they WERE watching a totally different movie...or perhaps hearing what they wanted to hear, not actually what was said.

MATT
Old 05-20-03, 09:07 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 31 Likes on 25 Posts
yeah, i only saw it once (so far). and all it really takes is an attention span.
Old 05-20-03, 10:40 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally posted by Jackskeleton

Also, the "new" zion was going to be made up of 23 people from the matrix. new blood that are not aware that a previous zion existed. The key here is that the civilization can't find out about it's past or else the cycle will never end.

Now for Neo's choice. I'm inclined to say that the architect assumed the 1% will choose to save the lives of the people of zion aswell as the folks in the matrix. Holding on to a silly hope that he could free those folks still in the matrix and keep zion alive opposed to door #2 which was everyone would be dead period. This is the choice the past 5 "ones" have made because of the architect's bluff to destroy all mankind. the main thing about all this is the key issue of choice is played up throughout the film. choice is something the machines and programs feel that we donot really have, everything is already set in motion and can not be changed. Someone said that the machines Lack the ability to make a choice because it is something they do not understand. this is why the machines need humans to make that choice for them. to continue the cycle or to just end it and kill off all humans.

I assume neo was the first "one" to pick door #2 and go against the bluff of the architect going against the idea that people don't have a choice. "What we do from here is up to us" isn't that the last line in the matrix? points out that neo is all up for choice.

I think someone needs to make this post a stickey. Seriously, why don't people pay attention when they watch a movie??? It's not that hard to pick up!
Old 05-20-03, 11:33 AM

i go back several times to focus on different spots in the movie..............like last time i focused on the timing of the CGI and how well it is done. that just the way i do it, once for fun, once more if i don't understand something or need more detail...........seen this movie 3 times and once more tonight just to see if my "theory" holds up