Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Movie Talk
Reload this Page >

Going to Wednesday Night Showing - How Early to Arrive?

Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

Old 05-09-03, 01:51 PM
dgc
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

For those going to a 10:00PM Wednesday showing, how early are you going to the theater to wait on the ticket holders line? I normally arrive 30 minutes prior to start but may have to double or triple that time due to the opening night geek factor. I don't want to take a chance at being stuck in the front far left/right corner.
Old 05-09-03, 01:56 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I'll be hitting a smaller resturaunt/theater so I'm not sure I'll have to go THAT early..
Old 05-09-03, 02:43 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Well I have tickets to 7pm opening evening.. I'm leaving to get there right after school. So I'd be there around 3:30. Me and my friends are probably going to get something to eat at the restauraunt but we're going to still get there 2-3 hours early.
Old 05-09-03, 05:25 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts
It depends on your theater. My theater is pretty high traffic, but not a geek headquarters....but just in case, I'll be getting there at least an hour in advance. I'd rather look foolish and have to stand around a little longer than have bad seats
Old 05-11-03, 02:56 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 202 Likes on 156 Posts
My theater still has plenty of seats available, or so it appears. They might all sell out the night before.
Old 05-12-03, 02:48 AM
TCG
DVD Talk Special Edition

People were showing up for X2 about 2 hours before the sched. start, on the day it opened.

To get good seats, i would suggest at least an hour.
Old 05-12-03, 03:50 AM

is there anyone lined up for the whole week or anything like with star wars? I'm surprised I haven't seen anything, but maybe I'm just blind to it.
Old 05-12-03, 10:12 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally posted by MrPeanut
is there anyone lined up for the whole week or anything like with star wars? I'm surprised I haven't seen anything, but maybe I'm just blind to it.
I think this has all but disappeared thanks to online ticket services and the like. There really isn't any need to camp for weeks.

...not that there was in the first place, but that's a whole other argument...
Old 05-12-03, 12:58 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 202 Likes on 156 Posts
Originally posted by Corvin
I think this has all but disappeared thanks to online ticket services and the like. There really isn't any need to camp for weeks.

...not that there was in the first place, but that's a whole other argument...

In the place I used to live, there were no online ticket sales whatsoever as the two chains consisted of a run-down Carmike and a a nicely run but new on the block in business Great Escape. In all honesty, long lines were the only means of getting what you wanted. Not that it was bad, it really built a sense of comraderie among the fans. (All instances were for Star Wars films BTW.)