DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   Movie Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/movie-talk-17/)
-   -   Seabiscuit.......your thoughts. (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/movie-talk/290017-seabiscuit-your-thoughts.html)

J_McKittrick 05-02-03 06:31 PM

Seabiscuit.......your thoughts.

I don't like to jump the gun but this movie looks really good. I see it as a historical epic. What do you guys think??

J

Tarantino 05-02-03 07:08 PM

I think it looks really boring, and I'll probably never see it.

MrN 05-02-03 07:16 PM

Its not really a historical epic - more like a Rocky, with horses.

I did like Gary Ross' last film, Pleasantville and I also saw a recent doc. on PBS about Seabiscuit, but I don't think the summer crowds will be flocking to this one, despite the parallels to the current recession I'm going to wait some reviews on this one.

lesterlong 05-02-03 09:19 PM

Looks like pretentious crap.

Corvin 05-02-03 09:42 PM

Yeah, I'm surprised Keven Spacey isn't starring in this one.

badger1997 05-02-03 10:36 PM

Can anybody explain to the unlightened where they are getting their impressions of this movie from? It's not that I am questioning your positions, it's just that all I have ever seen about this movie was a teaser trailer that really didn't show anything. I am actually looking forward to it because it has a great cast and the book was really interesting. But are there any trailers out that show a bit more details about the movie?

UKingdom 05-02-03 11:23 PM

This movie will not do well; it's better suited towards the Oscar rush at the end of the year, not with summer action fare...I will agree, it also looks very pretentious in many parts, and an epic about horse racing will not compete very well against Matrix and other super-hero flicks.

badger1997 05-03-03 01:10 AM

See, but I really don't think this movie would have done huge box office no matter when it was released. If it was released in the rush to the Oscars at the end of the year, it wouldn't earn much either because it really seems like a smaller film. I would think that it might have a chance to pull in a little more money during the summer when there are less films like it in the theaters. Kinda give the movie-goers who are sick of sequels and blockbusters a chance take a break? But I could be wrong, I guess. I guess I just don't see the pretentiousness that everybody else sees in this one.

Rocky_Stallone 05-03-03 07:48 AM

I saw the trailer for this film and I was impressed.

Jeff Bridges and Tobey Maguire are going to be really good in this movie.

This movie was filmed in my hometown and I had the opportunity to walk through their filming set, I didn't meet any actors or film crew members because I didn't want to bother anyone but it was cool walking through a film setting for the first time in person.

I smell Oscar awards on this movie.

I'm definitely going to see this. :)