Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Movie Talk
Reload this Page >

Star Wars theory (yes, another one!)

Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

Old 05-01-03, 03:05 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey! I think I guessed what George Lucas meant when he said : "Kids, brace yourselves for a wild ride because there will definitely be surprises coming your way in Star Wars episode 3: Secondary title not yet officialized."

Well, he did not really say it this way but that's what he intended to say. I swear.

Anyway, I was thinking about it like I do once a year just to make sure I don't forget and suddenly, POW! It hit me. How could I have missed it? It's so easy while complicated at the same time. Just the sly way Lucas has used to fool us all along.

Now here comes the big spoiler. Close your eyes or don't select the following blank section if you don't want to be spoiled.

Spoiler:
Anakin is not Darth Vader. Mace Windu is.

Don't believe me? Just read the following keys that Lucas left us with all along.

1 - During the original trilogy, Darth Vader had the voice of a black man.

2 - When Luke removed Darth Vader's mask, he saw a gruesome white face with a BALD head. Anakin ain't bald. Mace Windu is.

3- Look closely at the above picture. You see this face is white unlike that of Mace Windu. Yet, Michael Jackson used to be black and look at him now. Is it plausible that Vader, one of the most powerful being in the universe could afford such an operation? I'd like to think so. And just look at the area around old Vader's eyes, it clearly shows that he is/was black.

4 - When Obi-Wan says to Luke "Your father is dead and Darth Vader's the bastard who did it." (I don't remember exactly how he phrased it but it sure sounded like that), it could be true since Mace Windu would be able to kick whinny Anakin's butt anytime.

5 - Why then Darth windu would call Luke his son? probably because he was kind of jaleous of Anakin. Can't you see he despises the kid? In Episode 1, he pretended that this pure innocent boywas too old to begin a Jedi apprenticeship. Yeah sure! The kid probably still spoils himself. Come on Windu, find a better excuse. The real reason probably was that he knew Anakin would turn into some p***y hunter and start dating his ladies. I guess he and Master Yoda did not want anybody pimpin' on their territory.

Anyway, why would Anakin really be Vader. I mean, it would be totally predictable. Come on, don't you people have more faith in Lucas than that?

So, tell me what you think. I'm so glad I thought of it first.

Last edited by nice_skis; 05-01-03 at 03:07 PM.
Old 05-01-03, 03:29 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

You are a genius.
Old 05-01-03, 03:34 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 238 Likes on 150 Posts
You're a crackhead

But you're probably right.
Old 05-01-03, 03:34 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Skis... I am openly rooting for the "big surprises" to be a quality script and some character development that makes sense.
Old 05-01-03, 03:35 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
I was going to write a huge response shooting down your theory, but the whole Windu jealous of Anakin thing is so absurd that I can't take this theory seriously.
Old 05-01-03, 03:36 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Old 05-01-03, 03:36 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally posted by ncmojo
Skis... I am openly rooting for the "big surprises" to be a quality script and some character development that makes sense.
Don't you know better than to ask for things Papi Lucas can't provide?

Old 05-01-03, 03:39 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Old 05-01-03, 03:42 PM

That not true. That's impossible!
Old 05-01-03, 04:10 PM

Originally posted by C Roberts
That not true. That's impossible!
Just because you did not think about it first does not make it untrue!

Oh and I thought about some other clues :

Spoiler:

1 - Mace Windu does not know C3PO and R2D2 so, it would be normal if Darth Vader did not know them either. Anakin knew them too well.

2 - It is a possibility that Mace did not know about the Skywalker kids. That would explain why he did not acknowledge the presence of Luke sooner.

3 - It's not really a clue but I think it would be cool to know that the man who killed Jango Fett now rules over his clones. But then again, he did rule over the clones at the end of Attack of the clones which confirms that he is in some sort of connection with them. THis should make it easy for him to rule them all the times later.

4 - Look at the age of Darth Vader once he removed his helmet, he does not look like a 35-40 years old man. He looks old and crippled. Anakin would not be so old. Mace Would.

5 - It is of common knowledge that Mace Windu's lightsaber had the inscription BMF (Bad mother F...er) engraved on it. Wouldn't that inscription be more appropriate for the BMF who would rule over the Galaxy with the emperor?

6 - If the Jedi council is so strong, how come they did not know about Palpatine being the emperor? Because someone is at the hand of the emperor and at the head of the council. That someone could be no one but Mace Windu.

Hope this will give my theory more credentials.
Old 05-01-03, 08:41 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2,726 Likes on 1,882 Posts
Spoiler:

Maybe Amidala was gettin' a little on the side, IYKWIM.

So maybe Mace Windu really is his dad.

Padme's just a dirty little ho.
Old 05-01-03, 09:06 PM

I'm going to bed....it's been a long day. Maybe I'm reading this thread wrong. I'm so confused ZZzzzzZZZzzzZZZzzzz
Old 05-01-03, 09:09 PM
Banned

I can't believe you used spoiler tags.
Old 05-01-03, 09:16 PM

Originally posted by lesterlong
I can't believe you used spoiler tags.

Old 05-01-03, 09:18 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Well, it's an interesting theory. One I could enjoy talking about. But it's preposterous. If Lucas actually did that, he would instantly render the entire original trilogy as a farce.

It isn't going to happen. Not a chance in hell.
Old 05-01-03, 09:18 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 272 Likes on 171 Posts
Once Padme goes black, she'll never go back.
Old 05-01-03, 09:26 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Location: City of the lakers.. riots.. and drug dealing cops.. los(t) Angel(e)s. ca.
I would call that an interesting theory if by interesting we mean "Pulled out of your arse" and theory, you mean "mindless ramble"

In any case, Mace is not vader.. if he was he would have easily punked around boba fett since he did clown fett's pops.
Old 05-01-03, 09:34 PM

Mace is Darth Vadar? Well, besides it being a horrible idea (take a fairly side character and make him the main part of the series?) it wouldn't make sense. It means that the ENTIRE series, save for the first Star Wars has been made to deceive us. For one, you wear a mask and not have some black spots around your eyes. For two, he got burned alive or something! His hair was roasted! Three, Darth Vadar brought balance to the force, as Anakin Skywalker is supposed to. I think more importantly it would render the other movies pointless. They follow the story of ANakin Skywalker. Why have the Imperial March when he speaks of killing the little sand thingies? Seriously, cute idea, but it would quite frankly ruin the trilogy. The ONLY way this would work would be if they made a scene with Darth Vadar dangling baby skywalker off of a balcony right after his rendition of Thriller with some dancing Ewoks. Then it might be worth watching.
Old 05-01-03, 10:10 PM

who's bad?
Old 05-02-03, 12:13 AM

I wouldn't put any of this past Lucass. He screwed up the first two, he'll screw up this next one.
Old 05-02-03, 12:28 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I wouldn't put any of this past Lucass. He screwed up the first two, he'll screw up this next one.
Old 05-02-03, 01:29 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 957 Likes on 664 Posts
Re: Star Wars theory (yes, another one!)

Originally posted by nice_skis

Now here comes the big spoiler. Close your eyes or don't select the following blank section if you don't want to be spoiled.

Spoiler:
Anakin is not Darth Vader. Mace Windu is.

Don't believe me? Just read the following keys that Lucas left us with all along.

1 - During the original trilogy, Darth Vader had the voice of a black man.

2 - When Luke removed Darth Vader's mask, he saw a gruesome white face with a BALD head. Anakin ain't bald. Mace Windu is.

3- Look closely at the above picture. You see this face is white unlike that of Mace Windu. Yet, Michael Jackson used to be black and look at him now. Is it plausible that Vader, one of the most powerful being in the universe could afford such an operation? I'd like to think so. And just look at the area around old Vader's eyes, it clearly shows that he is/was black.

4 - When Obi-Wan says to Luke "Your father is dead and Darth Vader's the bastard who did it." (I don't remember exactly how he phrased it but it sure sounded like that), it could be true since Mace Windu would be able to kick whinny Anakin's butt anytime.

5 - Why then Darth windu would call Luke his son? probably because he was kind of jaleous of Anakin. Can't you see he despises the kid? In Episode 1, he pretended that this pure innocent boywas too old to begin a Jedi apprenticeship. Yeah sure! The kid probably still spoils himself. Come on Windu, find a better excuse. The real reason probably was that he knew Anakin would turn into some p***y hunter and start dating his ladies. I guess he and Master Yoda did not want anybody pimpin' on their territory.

Anyway, why would Anakin really be Vader. I mean, it would be totally predictable. Come on, don't you people have more faith in Lucas than that?

So, tell me what you think. I'm so glad I thought of it first.

Okay here we go point by ridiculous point.

1. So what if he has the voice of a black man. threepio was played by anthony daniels that that mean that in Ep III we will find out he is really a white guy in a tin suit?

2. OMG! You're right. there is no way that it could be Anakin because he IS NOT BALD! I think that it will be Jar Jar, He's bald.

3. Someones been looking at too many Micheal Jackson specials. If you think that he looks like a black man, you need to diversify your friendships.

4. This is such a flimsy point I'm not even going to bother. Okay yeah I will, How do you know that Mace could beat Anakin in a fight?

5. I'm not sure I even understand this paragraph.

Anyways I really hope that you weren't taking this theory of yours seriously. It was a fun diversion, although a bit too easy, poking holes in this swiss cheese theory.
Old 05-02-03, 07:27 AM

I have a theory:

Jar Jar is Chewbacca, shaved.

That is my theory.

Thank you

Jez

Old 05-02-03, 08:45 AM

Originally posted by Bingo Bongo
I have a theory:

Jar Jar is Chewbacca, shaved.

That is my theory.

Thank you

Jez

Come on! It doesn't make sense. Don't you think if Chewie was a hairless dumb alien he would become a hairy puppy like he was in the first trilogy.

I mean, why would he grow hair anyway? Does he have anything to hide? Ok, you could say that he wanted to hide after ruining the whole universe but then, would it really make any sense that he became strong enough to tear off the arms of a robot?

Mace Windu on the other side will have a lot to hide after he kills Anakin in episode 3. Now there is a reason to wear a mask all the time. And a black mask for a black man ruling over white men in white masks. I think I made my point.

As for this :

threepio was played by anthony daniels that that mean that in Ep III we will find out he is really a white guy in a tin suit?
It would not make any sense since we saw the insides of Threepio in phantom menace and we saw it dismantled in Empire strikes back. I mean geez! He even lost his head in episode 2. He could not be human and survive this. That supposition is preposterous.
Old 05-02-03, 09:01 AM
Cool New Member

I think you're wrong, Skis.

If Darth Vader was really Mace Windu, things would have been different.

In Empire Strikes Back for example, he wouldn't have said: "I'm your father, Luke".

It would have been something along: "Who's you daddy?"

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.