DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   Movie Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/movie-talk-17/)
-   -   Where did Tank go? (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/movie-talk/289310-where-did-tank-go.html)

goLUCKY 04-29-03 05:26 PM

Where did Tank go?

I noticed that Tank (Marcos Chong) from the first Matrix is not listed in the credits for the second or third. :( I guess he's not coming back.

trigun 04-29-03 05:45 PM

Apparently he went crazy on the Wachowski brothers and Joel Silver and had to be let go. I remember reading something about a gun. Anybody care to fill in the details?

Jackskeleton 04-29-03 06:13 PM

He wanted to much cash. He felt he was under paid.. Oh well. no big loss.

Corvin 04-29-03 06:39 PM

Originally posted by Jackskeleton
He wanted to much cash. He felt he was under paid.. Oh well. no big loss.
Hehe. Shows what he knows. Shouldn't an up-and-coming actor be drooling just to get into the next Matrix project?

Instead, he's asking for more cash? Silly boy.

dgc 04-29-03 06:52 PM

How do they write him out or is it just ignored?

Corvin 04-29-03 06:54 PM

I think they just got a different actor to fill his role.

Although I'd think writing him out would be easy enough, too.

Lenny 04-29-03 09:18 PM

http://www.boycottthematrix.com/

http://www.geocities.com/wwtcoalition/

Duran 04-30-03 10:26 AM

Well, after reading his incoherent letter on www.boycottthematrix.com, I don't blame the producers for dumping him.

johnglass 04-30-03 01:35 PM

Originally posted by Duran
Well, after reading his incoherent letter on www.boycottthematrix.com, I don't blame the producers for dumping him.
Is this the letter you're referring to? If so, I agree completely (and Marcus is in desperate need of a speel-cheker when writing official letters like this).

http://www.boycottthematrix.com/images/aad.jpg

Duran 04-30-03 03:13 PM

Originally posted by johnglass
Is this the letter you're referring to? If so, I agree completely (and Marcus is in desperate need of a speel-cheker when writing official letters like this).

That's the one! That's just strange. Couldn't he have someone who can write help him out?

goLUCKY 04-30-03 03:15 PM

I'm sorry Tank! but after that letter I'd of let you go to!

johnglass 04-30-03 04:13 PM

I love the way he assumes he is as important to the movie as Reeves, Moss, and Fishburne, demanding that he be included in any posters, press junkets, and premieres that they are invited to. rotfl

What a maroon!

Jackskeleton 04-30-03 04:21 PM

Yeah, the demand to be on all promotional material that the other three co-stars are in is a bit too much if you ask me. I think that could have been the breaking point as if there was a matrix poster with a star and he was not in, under the terms they could be sued by him.. :p

johnglass 04-30-03 05:03 PM

Just poking around looking for some more info on what this guy did (I remember a phone transcript with a movie exec.? where he threatened the guy). I had no idea he was Tommy Chong's son, Rae Dawn Chongs brother. Maybe he was dipping into dad's stash when he was younger and fried his brain.

Jackskeleton 04-30-03 05:18 PM

Chongs adopted son.

hmurchison 05-01-03 08:59 PM

Can't blame someone for trying to get what he/she feels they are worth. In this case he wasn't worth it, so it seems. But I don't fault him for trying.

Duran 05-02-03 02:23 PM

Originally posted by hmurchison
Can't blame someone for trying to get what he/she feels they are worth. In this case he wasn't worth it, so it seems. But I don't fault him for trying.
True, but I can fault him for writing an incoherent letter demanding things that are certainly unreasonable. Just how much is $300,00 anyway?

Xander 05-02-03 02:27 PM

Agreed. I don't know the story, but that letter makes him come across as a puffed-up, deluded, incomprehensible whiner. 2 things Marcus - come back to Planet Earth, and get a proof-reader. :)

X

hmurchison 05-02-03 03:43 PM

What does needing a spell checker have to do with someone asking for fair consideration for their efforts?

What would you do if someone was messing with your money. ...taking advantage of you? Probably right a better letter but can we at least empathize with the frustration of Marcus?

jiggawhat 05-02-03 04:28 PM

I just think he is an idiot for not doing this movie. Why would you pass up being in one of the hottest sequels of our time? He would have gotten countless other roles in movies now he won't get anything because people will think he is greedy.

tsohg 05-03-03 12:51 AM

Originally posted by Lenny
http://www.boycottthematrix.com/

rotfl There is letter writing assistance on that page with sample letters to send why didn't he just use one of those

johnglass 05-03-03 01:32 AM

Originally posted by hmurchison
What does needing a spell checker have to do with someone asking for fair consideration for their efforts?

What would you do if someone was messing with your money. ...taking advantage of you? Probably right a better letter but can we at least empathize with the frustration of Marcus?

No, I really can't empathize with his frustration. He was a minor character in the original movie, yet was demanding equal billing with the top three stars, and nearly as much money. If he was smart he would have countered with a *reasonable* offer, realizing that his exposure from the sequels would have reaped 10 times what he was asking for in his counter proposal. Not to mention he also flipped out and threatened someone from WB (a studio exec I think) which landed him in jail.

And as far as needing spell checker, would you submit a resume to a prospective employer with such glaring mistakes as that official letter had? If it was simply an informal letter to "the Brothers" then it really wouldn't matter, but that wasn't the case.

Gunshy 05-04-03 06:09 PM

Well I do agree with johnglass for the most part and although I agree that Tank had a minor part, I latched on to his character and was really looking forward to seeing him in the next one if not both sequels. On the one hand I think "well, if he's in the next one he'll prolly be more important than in the first as we already know him and he seemed to be "in" with the other three main characters" so by that reasoning he should get a lot more than the $30,000 stated in the letter (and I don't think the $$$ he was asking for was out of line, just the press/accomodations) considering what the film is pretty much guaranteed to bring in; IE the "brothers" should take care of him cause he's a cool (albeit disposable?) character.

Then again, from his point of view, he should have just been professional and understood what johnglass said IE that just being in the sequels will give him more exposure than any agent could which would likely translate into at least a handful of new roles in what is apparently a cut-throat market.

He blew it by just being very unprofessional. Bummer for fans, oh and his future as an actor in Hollywoodcorp.

-Gunshy

chanster 05-05-03 02:41 PM

Time says that he crashed a Matrix junket thing and stole some food from it. No joke.

johnglass 05-05-03 03:12 PM

Originally posted by chanster
Time says that he crashed a Matrix junket thing and stole some food from it. No joke.
rotfl Link? I'd love to read about that!