Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Movie Talk
Reload this Page >

The Matrix: Revolutions coming out sooner than we think?

Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

Old 04-22-03, 05:19 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Saw this article floating around.

http://www.nydailynews.com/front/sto...1p-70980c.html

"Then there's the release dates. "Reloaded" comes out May 15. The studio wants No. 3, "The Matrix Revolutions" to hit theaters in November or December. The Wachowskis want it released in July, we hear."

Hope this is true. We shall see.
Old 04-22-03, 06:13 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
This is utter bull. We are working in a small way on the Matrix sequels at my work here, and I've haven't seen a single frame of Revolutions footage. I've seen plenty for Reloaded, but not a peep about Revolutions. It seems like there is no way that they could release these two in theaters so close to each other anyway, given the amount of work that is behind them.
Old 04-22-03, 06:59 PM
Retired

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
No way, that would kill the sells of Reloaded tickets. They'll likely sell reasonably well most of the summer.
Old 04-22-03, 07:00 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I agree.

Plus, Revolutions would meet much more opposition in the summer. If it's released in November, what's to stop it from cleaning up the box office for a good month? Besides, of course, Reloaded being a huge dud. Which I do not foresee.

I'll be expecting it in November.
Old 04-22-03, 09:15 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

There's no way Matrix Revolutions will come out this summer. It'd be...a bad idea. November is the month, as this is hte next big movie season of the year and would give enough time for Reloaded to be released on DVD right before it comes out. Not sure if that's the plan but it would make sense.
Old 04-23-03, 05:51 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Location: City of the lakers.. riots.. and drug dealing cops.. los(t) Angel(e)s. ca.
Nope. Studio will have their say because frankly, it's a moron's move to put them so close together and have them eat at each others sales.
Old 04-23-03, 09:01 AM

It did get pushed up 2 days from November 7th to November 5th according to Video Store Magazine that I got yesterday.

Good magazine (yesterday's came with a free CDROM with all kinds of stuff for the Two Towers August DVD release).
Old 04-23-03, 09:39 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Location: Austin, Texas XboxLIVE Gamertag: Golucky Timezone: Central (CST)
on November 5th, "The Matrix Revolutions: The IMAX Experience" will be released simultaneously on giant IMAX screens in the IMAX 15/70 format and in conventional theatres in the standard 35mm format.
from www.comingsoon.net
Old 04-23-03, 09:53 AM

Received 96 Likes on 79 Posts
Originally posted by Jackskeleton
Nope. Studio will have their say because frankly, it's a moron's move to put them so close together and have them eat at each others sales.
Exactly - it will never happen.
Old 04-23-03, 02:27 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Via the IMAX thing I am guessing Revolutions will come in under 2 hours in length, as that is what LucasFilm had to cut Episode 2 to in order to be on one IMAX reel. There is a set limit on length from my understanding.
Old 04-23-03, 03:24 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Well, I hope the images don't get cropped, too. Aren't IMAX films shot in a different aspect ratio?
Old 04-23-03, 03:30 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Location: City of the lakers.. riots.. and drug dealing cops.. los(t) Angel(e)s. ca.
yes. Imax is set for a different aspect ratio and Ep 2 had to be cropped for it.
Old 04-25-03, 11:42 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally posted by AgtFox
Via the IMAX thing I am guessing Revolutions will come in under 2 hours in length, as that is what LucasFilm had to cut Episode 2 to in order to be on one IMAX reel. There is a set limit on length from my understanding.
According to this thread , the limit is now 150 minutes, which shouldn't be a problem for the Matrix sequals.
Old 05-02-03, 08:39 AM

Back to the original question, I thought that the plan was to release Reloaded in May (obviously), the Reloaded DVD approximately three months later (August) and Revolutions three months after the DVD (November).
Old 05-02-03, 04:18 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Why does IMAX have a minute limit anyway?