Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Movie Talk
Reload this Page >

Help on movie decision...Please help!!

Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters
View Poll Results: Which movie to see
The Snow on Kilimanjaro
100.00%
SlipStream,
0%
Lovers and Liars
0%
Voters: 1. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-21-03, 11:55 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi, I can choose from the following films:

The Snow on Kilimanjaro (1950's)
Lovers and Liars (1980's)
or
SlipStream(1990?)

If you could choose (I havent seen any of them and know nothing about them) which movie would you choose first and which second? Also, what do you think (or know) about them? Thanks.
Old 04-22-03, 06:17 AM

Is this a serious question? Sorry, I don't wish to be rude, but it seems like an odd request. The titles and years of these films as you listed them are a little off, and they are all of such different genres, that I didn't know what to make of this poll. I would choose The Snows of Kilimanjaro, as it's the only one I've seen (and also own on DVD).

The Snows of Kilimanjaro (1952) is a decent adaptation of the Ernest Hemingway short story starring Gregory Peck. Itís somewhat of an adventure-drama. Be forewarned that the film is a public domain title, meaning that various budget DVD companies have put out "cheapie" versions of it. There is no high-quality transfer available. The one I own is from Front Row Entertainment and was no more than $7.

Lovers and Liars (1979) is the English title of an Italian romantic-comedy starring Goldie Hawn, Viaggio con Anita, which more directly translates as "Travels with Anita." I believe this is also a budget DVD.

Slipstream (1989) is a straight-to-video sci-fi flick starring Mark Hamill and Bill Paxton. I never bothered with it because it seemed like low-budget schlock, so I can't say if it's worthwhile. I think this one may also be from Front Row, which means it's another bargain title.
Old 04-22-03, 10:55 AM

Thanks a bunch for the awnser...any1 else?