Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Movie Talk
Reload this Page >

The most disturbing scene in cinema's history

Community
Search
Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

The most disturbing scene in cinema's history

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-04, 01:04 PM
Suspended

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Event Horizon & Ghost ship
Old 01-07-04, 01:32 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 913 Likes on 648 Posts
Kevin Bacon's package in Wild Things. Truly horrifying.
Old 01-07-04, 11:38 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally posted by Michael Corvin
Kevin Bacon's package in Wild Things. Truly horrifying.
Truely sexy

Besides if that brief glimpse of his Bacon is that 'disturbing',then you really need help!

All the most disturbing stuff I have seen has already been mentioned.

Can't think of any recent films I have seen that had scenes that disturbed me.
Old 01-07-04, 11:54 PM

Actually I have refreshed my memory with what was mentioned on this thread.

I wish I would have seen Irreversible in theaters. While I did like the film & found it pretty unsettling. I handled the 'head bashing' sequence easily,since I was detached at this moment trying to figure out what the hell is going on & why? If I had let the sonics & visuals entrance & pull me in & I went along with it. I may have found it deeply troubling,unexpected & highly disturbing. Yet not watching it that way,had a lesser affect on myself. The rape sequence I would agree was harrowing,but not that disturbing in 'oh my god,I never want to see this film again' reaction. It was unpleasent,but nowhere near the 'worst' rape portrayal ever shown onscreen. Last House on the Lefts torture/sadism/rape sequence is more disturbing,same thing with the entire rape in I Spit on Your Grave,or the uncut Death Wish 2 among others.

Though I saw one film not mentioned on here,that did make me cringe in some places.

The remake of The Texas Chainsaw Massacre,when blondy gets his leg sawed off onscreen in gruesome detail(including aftermath) was painful to view,yet it gets more unbearably ouch inducing when it shows him being dragged down the basement & his fingernails peel off on the wall onscreen(OUCH!!!). The meat hook portion was sadly not too horrifying based on over editing,but the nails portion really made me cringe. Though seeing him get tortured after being hooked was painful & disturbing as well.
Old 01-08-04, 05:19 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by Boot
Every last minute of Boy's Don't Cry.
Agreed. Also the part in Saving Private Ryan with that knife stabbing scene. Makes me wince every time.
Old 01-10-04, 08:48 PM
Cool New Member

Originally posted by scott1598
also..in the Hitcher when Jennifer Jason Leigh gets torn apart by the trucks..that always stayed with me..
I agree. Everytime I see that movie, I just imagine what her body looked like, and I get a strange feeling in my stomach.
Old 01-11-04, 02:19 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by etrnlevol
Agreed. Also the part in Saving Private Ryan with that knife stabbing scene. Makes me wince every time.
<shudder> . . . I had forgotten about that . . .

To add a new one, I was watching Black Hawk Down last night and had forgotten about the scene where:
Spoiler:
they have to dig in the guys leg wound to try to pull out the femoral artery that retracted up into his pelvis.
<shudder> again . . .

Last edited by talemyn; 01-12-04 at 09:14 AM.
Old 01-12-04, 04:53 AM
Banned

Only shot that makes my cringe is the shot in Evil Dead when the Deadite stabs Ash's Girlfriend in the ankle...ouch! Its probably just cause I have a lot of ankle problems...but man...thats awesome...and harsh...
Old 01-12-04, 02:35 PM
Banned

S A L O <--- many a moments in the movie. Especially the forced-shit-eating scene.
Old 01-12-04, 04:44 PM

Originally posted by etrnlevol
I can't watch that scene anymore. Not b/c it's gruesome or anything, just get pissed off at Upham!
Old 01-12-04, 04:53 PM

I dont know if this has been mentioned (too lazy to read previous posts)

I vote for the end of GRIFTERS.

sick. sick. sick.
Old 03-18-04, 09:08 PM
DVD Talk Hero

just saw boys don't cry for the first time. the rape was extremely disturbing (and hell, the europeans get it for 2 aditional minutes.) i cried at the end, its too much, thats one that i am defenatly not watching again.
Old 03-18-04, 09:56 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Now that it's out and I have seen it, I'd say that the scourging scene in The Passion Of The Christ should probably be thrown on this list, too.
Old 03-18-04, 11:03 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

the tooth scene in Cast Away. i wanted to cry.
Old 03-19-04, 12:52 AM

Street Fighter starring Van Dame
Old 06-12-05, 10:42 PM
Cool New Member

I'd have to say The Texas Chainsaw Massacre, the old and new, are the most disturbing and horrifying movies I have ever watched. I find the old one a little bit more macabre but the new one does have a bit more pain in it. I mean seriously, a guy is standing in front of a big metal door when all of a sudden it's ripped back and this huge guy wearing dead flesh sewn onto his body with a chainsaw comes out and starts to chase him through the houses front yard with clothelines with white clothes on them which is slowing him down and he cant see behind him and he's gaining on him and he finally catches up and saws his leg off and hoists him up on his back, carries him back as he's screaming, drags him back through the metal door and as the guy tries desperately to grab on to the walls his fingernails are ripped off he then is dropped on a meat hook, has this salt looking stuff slammed into his bloody nub, and then screams his head off with no one to hear him as he is slowly skinned alive. hmmmm..... and the dinner scene in the old one is pretty psychologically disturbing. and the fact that it was based off a true story doesn't help either. it just makes it more difficult to say "its just a movie its just a movie" very disturbing.
Old 06-12-05, 10:55 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 191 Likes on 128 Posts
Irreversible is still hands down the most disturbing movie I've ever seen.
Old 06-18-05, 09:13 PM
dgc
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Audition and Visitor Q - some sick chit
Old 06-19-05, 12:21 AM

Just about any scene in Henry: Portrait of a Serial Killer...

That movie...just feels so real...

scary!
Old 10-02-05, 10:01 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by dgc
Audition and Visitor Q - some sick chit
Just saw Audition this weekend.............this is now officially the most fucked up movie I have ever seen. I actually raised my arm to block the tv when a certain scene was playing out.....then I almost ran to the bathroom (seriously) because I almost puked......you'll know what I mean when you see it.
Old 10-02-05, 10:29 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by Rival11
Just saw Audition this weekend.............this is now officially the most fucked up movie I have ever seen. I actually raised my arm to block the tv when a certain scene was playing out.....then I almost ran to the bathroom (seriously) because I almost puked......you'll know what I mean when you see it.
I have no idea what people think is so messed up about Audition or any of Miike's films. Unless you are disturbed by pure boredom?
Old 10-02-05, 10:42 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by dadaluholla
I have no idea what people think is so messed up about Audition or any of Miike's films. Unless you are disturbed by pure boredom?
Have you seen Audition?
Old 10-02-05, 10:47 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,022 Likes on 812 Posts
Originally Posted by dadaluholla
It's hard to explain, but I'll try.

Spoiler:

Basically, I guess some people find scenes where dismembered people in bags being fed vomit followed by acupuncture needles being inserted into a fellow human's stomach and pressed into/sat on followed by a couple in the eyes and finally having their feet sawed off with piano wire to be a little disturbing.

There's also those people who are disturbed by musicals.

Occasionally, people are disturbed by seeing a man jerk off to a woman being raped and mutilated, and having the outcome of that jerk off session be the title card for the movie.

And yet there are others that are disturbed by seeing woman breast feed her 20 year old son followed promptly by a man have graphic sex (is there any other kind?) with a corpse only to get mr. happy lodged in there.

Me? not so much, though the vomit was a bit disgusting.

For the most part though, his movies are pretty clean.. I don't really find em boring myself though.

Last edited by RichC2; 10-02-05 at 10:50 PM.
Old 10-02-05, 11:03 PM
Suspended

Any of the pedophilia-related scenes in Happiness
Old 10-03-05, 10:35 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Yes I have seen Audition. It was very disappointing. But anyway, from the examples given, I guess some sheltered individuals might find the things referenced from takashi miike's films disturbing.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.