Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Movie Talk
Reload this Page >

The next Alien movie

Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

The next Alien movie

Old 04-14-03, 02:03 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally posted by Sunday Morning
The next alien picture should be about how ripley finally makes it back to earth only to find that her united states citizenship was revoked due to her being gone so long from the earth and she finds that she in fact is now an illegal alien living in washington d.c. trying to fight the man in a battle of words with the justice system.
What would you call this "Alien 5: Illegal Alien"?

Originally posted by Venom
i don't even know 3 and 4 well enough to continue a coherent plot line, so what about a prequel to alien? maybe a movie with no humans would be to difficult?
What i wouldnt give for a backstory on the aliens that were transporting the eggs. I heard from a friend that this species was covered in one of the "alien" books. Some Marines were on the alien homeworld surrounded by aliens then one of those guys shows up, flamethrowers in each hand, and kicks all kinds of alien butt.
Old 04-14-03, 03:56 PM
Suspended

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I kinda always wondered about that alien ship that they discovered in the first movie... were they supposed to be the same aliens? Cuz the one that they find, dead (and even fossilized looking) and sitting at the gunners chair or whatever it is, if I remember right he had a big hole in his chest. So, I kinda figured they were just some ancient alien (not the same aliens) race who's ship crashed on the planet after being infested, then the queen, laid all her eggs and died of old age or something, leaving them in that misty incubation area place for some unfortunate folks to wander upon

But a prequel might be pretty cool if it were designed around those original aliens or whatever, and done by someone with a clue like Cameron or Ridley Scott
Old 04-14-03, 07:51 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

"Who are you?"
"I'm your clone!"
"Then who am I?"
"You're me!"
"AYA YAYA AYAYAY AYAYAYAYAYAYAY AYAYA"
Old 04-14-03, 08:04 PM
DRG
DVD Talk Legend

I would love to see a AvP movie with no humans... where a pack of Predators are the heroes (a la the Aliens grunts)... and whatever dialogue between the clan is in subtitles. Not that it would ever happen.
Old 04-15-03, 09:29 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally posted by necros
I kinda always wondered about that alien ship that they discovered in the first movie... were they supposed to be the same aliens? Cuz the one that they find, dead (and even fossilized looking) and sitting at the gunners chair or whatever it is, if I remember right he had a big hole in his chest. So, I kinda figured they were just some ancient alien (not the same aliens) race who's ship crashed on the planet after being infested, then the queen, laid all her eggs and died of old age or something, leaving them in that misty incubation area place for some unfortunate folks to wander upon
Yup, that's pretty much exactly how I envisioned it. After all:

"It's a rock. No indigenous life."
"Ma'am, I already said it was not indigenous. It was a derelict spacecraft. An alien ship. It was not from there."

Since we'll never see an earth-invasion film ( ), I would love to see a prequel.
Old 04-16-03, 02:00 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally posted by necros
So, I kinda figured they were just some ancient alien (not the same aliens) race who's ship crashed on the planet after being infested, then the queen, laid all her eggs and died of old age or something, leaving them in that misty incubation area place for some unfortunate folks to wander upon
I always figured that ship was designed to carry the eggs someplace. Fly in, drop all the eggs off and let your little bundles of joy do all the destroying of your enemy for you.

Would be the same purpose as what the Military wanted the little guys for.
Old 04-16-03, 10:28 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 213 Likes on 164 Posts
The book that explains the origin of the Aliens is called Aliens:Book One. It is a comic book and follows Newt and Hicks about ten years or so after the incident (the speak of Ripley, but she is never shown). A good read IMO; essentially what Alien 3 should have been.
Old 04-16-03, 11:22 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Anyone read interviews with R.Scott that have stated he has always wanted to go back to the alien homeworld? I know I have read this before. Also stating he wanted to go back to the Alien ship seen in the first film? Or did Cameron state this?
Old 04-16-03, 02:35 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 213 Likes on 164 Posts
Originally posted by DarthMaul420
Anyone read interviews with R.Scott that have stated he has always wanted to go back to the alien homeworld? I know I have read this before. Also stating he wanted to go back to the Alien ship seen in the first film? Or did Cameron state this?

That was Scott. He stated it on the commentary track to the first Alien. He said he wants to be the one to end the series.
Old 04-17-03, 02:26 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally posted by Dr. DVD
The book that explains the origin of the Aliens is called Aliens:Book One. It is a comic book and follows Newt and Hicks about ten years or so after the incident (the speak of Ripley, but she is never shown). A good read IMO; essentially what Alien 3 should have been.
Where can i find this piece of literature?

If it can make me forget Alien3 i am all for it.
Old 04-23-03, 01:07 PM
Enormous Genitals

Location: a small cottage on a cul de sac in the lower pits of hell.
Received 591 Likes on 338 Posts
Originally posted by UAIOE
Besides...wasnt Sigouney Weaver the one to say "no guns at all" in "Alien3"?
I think you're right, and now she's apparently meddling in the plot of a potential new Alien flick. From www.darkhorizons.com

Whilst promoting "Holes", Sigourney Weaver talked with The Chicago Sun Times about a further 'Alien' adventure: "Ridley Scott and I have talked about it a couple of times. He has some ideas. If we developed a good script, I'd love to play Ripley again. I've always felt so grateful to Ridley Scott because he gave me my first job...The only thing I'm not interested in is going to earth. I saw that 'Star Trek' movie where they went to Earth and ... yawn. I think it's more fun to go to a foreign planet--especially now. Who wants to come to Earth now? Let's go far, far away! Fantasy is what we need!".

Sigourney, please don't try to write the stuff - just act in it. 'kay sweetheart?.

Last edited by Bandoman; 04-23-03 at 01:10 PM.
Old 04-23-03, 01:29 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 13 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally posted by Bandoman
I think you're right, and now she's apparently meddling in the plot of a potential new Alien flick. From www.darkhorizons.com

Sigourney, please don't try to write the stuff - just act in it. 'kay sweetheart?.
How do you know that Sigourney wouldn't be able to write the bestest Alien movie ever!??!?! HUH!?!??!?! Gosh, you're such a little bitch hole.
Old 04-23-03, 02:14 PM
Enormous Genitals

Location: a small cottage on a cul de sac in the lower pits of hell.
Received 591 Likes on 338 Posts
Don't be that way, Shmoopie. It gives you gas.
Old 04-23-03, 07:32 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2,834 Likes on 1,945 Posts
Translation of Weaver's statement: "I'm going to get paid twenty million dollars to make this thing, and I'm to meddle with it to insure that it's an unwatchable piece of trash."

Ripley should've stayed dead.
Old 04-24-03, 01:25 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Going to a far away planet = fun? No "Save earth from being overrun" ?

Wouldnt that be just like the previous movies (minus 4)? Save some far off rock with a small community of people from being overrun with aliens?

If Ripely is in this movie i hope that its not set in the 24th century because the thing i disliked most about Part 4 was the utter lack of technological progress from 3 to 4. 200 years later and people still used machine guns and grenades? If you say so.
Old 04-27-03, 12:08 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Location: Bartertown due to it having a better economy than where I really live.
Received 19 Likes on 13 Posts
there definitely should have been energy weapons in 4, even if it was a mix of regular type guns and energy weapons, I think they're mentioned in 2 and there is definitely a mention of them in the Aliens Colonial Marines tech book
I always figured the ship in 1 landed on some planet and accidentally got infected, then crashed on LV426.
AvP has lots of possibilities
a colonial marines movie would be pretty cool too, in the tech book it indicates other sentient species that the marines have been sent against
Old 04-28-03, 02:20 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I remember Hudson talking about bigger,badder weapons in his "ultimate badasses" speech. (Nukes all the way down to sharp sticks).

Maybe it was budget reasons (blew all the money on the swimming aliens?) that didnt allow for energy weapons.

or maybe Call just stole all the plasma/fusion/ion/whatever guns.
Old 07-02-03, 07:44 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Location: Bartertown due to it having a better economy than where I really live.
Received 19 Likes on 13 Posts
next Alien movie
Aliens vs. Predator: Fox has scheduled the sci-fi project for release on August 6th, 2004
http://www.darkhorizons.com/news03/030627.htm
Old 07-02-03, 08:00 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 755 Likes on 551 Posts
In a perfect world.. they should have made a movie from the 6 issue Dark Horse comic by Nelson and Verheiden.

Old 07-02-03, 08:10 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
After reading Starship Troopers some years back, I'm convinced that the Aliens franchise is based largely on that book. Even in Aliens one of the marines says that they are on a bug hunt.